Has anyone ever gotten a familiar with a planet sign?

#1MeteoritesPosted 1/27/2013 9:29:49 AM
40 hours into the game, and I haven't caught a single planet or double planet sign familiar.
#2HiroshidaPosted 1/27/2013 9:31:38 AM
I only got my first two familiars with the planet signs in post game, for my snapdragon and one other. If you got those tickets to trade in, you can always reload and hope you get a double sign or a planet sign.
#3Black Robe SagePosted 1/27/2013 9:38:26 AM
What's the benefit of a planet sign??
---
Hadaka!
#4Masta_KakaPosted 1/27/2013 9:40:22 AM
Black Robe Sage posted...

From what I heard, familiars with a planet sign get a damage boost to every monster, no matter what sign they are. So it would kinda make sense if they made them only available during post-game.
#5cykelmanPosted 1/27/2013 9:44:29 AM
I think it was that planet gave damage boost to only those with double planet, while double planet gets a boost against every type
#6HiroshidaPosted 1/27/2013 9:44:40 AM
No, you can get them anytime during the game. It's all about your luck and whether a familiar with the planet sign that you encounter is willing to let you tame it.

Planet familiars get a small exp boost, and yes, generally get a bit of a advantage against other signs, but double planet/single planet familiars can cancel one another out (e.g strong against all but weak to single/double planet forgot which is which)
#7Seiko_NurashimaPosted 1/27/2013 9:45:12 AM
Masta_Kaka posted...
Black Robe Sage posted...

From what I heard, familiars with a planet sign get a damage boost to every monster, no matter what sign they are. So it would kinda make sense if they made them only available during post-game.

Double planet gets a damage boost to sun moon and star but gets whopped by planet and double planet gets a 10%.exp.bonus dunno.if.it stacks or not.though
#8Black Robe SagePosted 1/27/2013 9:53:50 AM
Gotcha thanks
---
Hadaka!