So this game is like a Tales of X + Pokemon hybrid?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. So this game is like a Tales of X + Pokemon hybrid?

User Info: MrFail

MrFail
3 years ago#1
Just watched some stream and that is the vibe I get from it. With an art and sound style very reminiscent of DQ8(the only DQ I've played).

Does that about sum it up or am I getting the wrong vibe?

User Info: farbrorbla

farbrorbla
3 years ago#2
MrFail posted...
Just watched some stream and that is the vibe I get from it. With an art and sound style very reminiscent of DQ8(the only DQ I've played).

Probably more of a Dragon Quest (Old school vibe)/ FInal fantasy 12 (gameplay)/Rogue Galaxy (Adictive leveling and item collecting) with Pokemon elements
Waiting for Ni no kuni (PS3), Final Fantasy X HD (PS3), Metro Last Light (PS3)

User Info: baby blastoderm

baby blastoderm
3 years ago#3
Not sure what DQ8 is but yea, it does feel a bit like a Tales game with some Pokemon catching & raising mechanics.
Now Playing: Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN: TheEduaves, D3 Tag: Donzyy#6777

User Info: MrFail

MrFail
3 years ago#4
farbrorbla posted...
MrFail posted...

Probably more of a Dragon Quest (Old school vibe)/ FInal fantasy 12 (gameplay)/Rogue Galaxy (Adictive leveling and item collecting) with Pokemon elements

Yeah, it's hard to tell what is actually happening in battle by just watching the stream but I guess the battle system really is more FF12. I think it is the overworld, menu system and cutscenes giving me the "Tales of" vibe.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. So this game is like a Tales of X + Pokemon hybrid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived