So this game is like a Tales of X + Pokemon hybrid?

#1MrFailPosted 1/27/2013 9:19:32 AM
Just watched some stream and that is the vibe I get from it. With an art and sound style very reminiscent of DQ8(the only DQ I've played).

Does that about sum it up or am I getting the wrong vibe?
#2farbrorblaPosted 1/27/2013 9:25:10 AM
MrFail posted...
Just watched some stream and that is the vibe I get from it. With an art and sound style very reminiscent of DQ8(the only DQ I've played).

Probably more of a Dragon Quest (Old school vibe)/ FInal fantasy 12 (gameplay)/Rogue Galaxy (Adictive leveling and item collecting) with Pokemon elements
---
Waiting for Ni no kuni (PS3), Final Fantasy X HD (PS3), Metro Last Light (PS3)
#3baby blastodermPosted 1/27/2013 9:25:19 AM
Not sure what DQ8 is but yea, it does feel a bit like a Tales game with some Pokemon catching & raising mechanics.
---
Now Playing: Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN: TheEduaves, D3 Tag: Donzyy#6777
#4MrFail(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:31:35 AM
farbrorbla posted...
MrFail posted...

Probably more of a Dragon Quest (Old school vibe)/ FInal fantasy 12 (gameplay)/Rogue Galaxy (Adictive leveling and item collecting) with Pokemon elements

Yeah, it's hard to tell what is actually happening in battle by just watching the stream but I guess the battle system really is more FF12. I think it is the overworld, menu system and cutscenes giving me the "Tales of" vibe.