How to keep Esther from dying so damn easy :(

#31MuflagginPosted 1/27/2013 9:04:41 PM
Nothing. You just have to accept it. V_V
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#32Justinthepisces(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:19:46 PM
robotoboy30 posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
you can't the ai is terrible.. which is funny because in ffxiii everyone said the ai was terrible and cried about it for years when it was pretty competitent.. but in this game where it's absolutely horrible it gets a pass because it's ni no kuni..

Nah... AI is iffy, but not terrible and I can control any of the characters at any time... I haven't had any issues with the AI being derpy really, I mean they pick up the orbs when they're low on mp, this is essential for esther because she's my healer... Swain is useless at first to... they just suck at first, level buy or make good equipment, and feed their familiars.

Vanille I hope you can give me a good review on this game, because if you haven't played it... I have no idea what your griping about, are you unhappy that the masses didn't like FF13!? I'm sorry a lot of people like Ghibli, and Level-5. Have you ever played a Level-5 game? Have you ever seen a Ghibli or Miyazaki film? If you don't like those things that would explain why you don't like this game... you should probably stop going to a board where people discuss the game if you don't own it, since you don't really have any flippin' possible clue what your talking about and are only basing your little comments around what minor complaints some have...

I'm tired of effeminate boys with emotional problems, and ridiculous zippers and giant swords... I have been very tired of the FF series and JRPG's for quite some time... this games art is done by one of my favorite animation studios, and I enjoy the gameplay quite a bit as well... it's charming... and fun. I've got complaints about this game. I had complaints about FF13 but I can tell you right now that lack of creativity in FF13 was horrid... I found a lot more to dislike about FF13 than I have about Ni No Kuni... thus my opinion of this game is quite a bit higher... so yeah... stop whining that no one liked your favorite game and go play it, and be disillusioned into thinking that the rest of the world just doesn't understand what a good JRPG is and have fun...

it really sucks when someone steals your topic with ish that is not related to the question what so ever.

The best answer I got so far was give her the balloon guy but I got no reason why.

anything, anyone. I can't be the only one with his party-members dying right at the start of the fight? maybe I got too far at a ow lvl and I just need to lvl up *shrug
#33SilentHawk29Posted 1/29/2013 8:30:48 PM
Try farming for an inphant near Ding Dong Dell if you're not at the volcano, a Little Bighorn if you are at Mt. Smoky, or a Monolith if you're near Castaway Cove. Just give her something that has a high defense rating. The balloon that was recommended is similar. It has a high defense stat. The guy who mentioned it even said why to get it...
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#34Justinthepisces(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:45:14 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
Try farming for an inphant near Ding Dong Dell if you're not at the volcano, a Little Bighorn if you are at Mt. Smoky, or a Monolith if you're near Castaway Cove. Just give her something that has a high defense rating. The balloon that was recommended is similar. It has a high defense stat. The guy who mentioned it even said why to get it...

thanks! I did get a monolith, I could give her that and low lvl familiars that have not lvled up yet in hopes that she does not use something else.,,
#35adibicciPosted 1/29/2013 9:08:54 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
you can't the ai is terrible.. which is funny because in ffxiii everyone said the ai was terrible and cried about it for years when it was pretty competitent.. but in this game where it's absolutely horrible it gets a pass because it's ni no kuni..

you sure bout that? there are plenty crying bout the ai. go join them in thier sorrow you shallow heartbroken person.
#36alexponentialPosted 1/29/2013 10:40:39 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
xtdg134 posted...
And it's dieing, btw.

xtdg, it's actually dying. D:

LMAO!
#37thesdubPosted 1/30/2013 7:57:31 AM
I have given Esther Griffy since the beginning and she always uses him. I have her set on KEEP US HEALTHY.

I know not everyone has a griffy but I want to think that if you can get a mostly offensive familiar and slap it on her, she will last a little longer.
#38baby blastodermPosted 1/30/2013 8:09:07 AM
VanilleHopen posted...

LOL. This is actually very true. I thought the AI in FF13 was easy to work with and got unwarranted complaints while I find myself cursing at the AI in Ni No Kuni, ESPECIALLY when they get a golden orb and don't do a damn thing with it.
---
Now Playing: Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN: TheEduaves, D3 Tag: Donzyy#6777
#39Justinthepisces(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:57:32 AM
baby blastoderm posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

LOL. This is actually very true. I thought the AI in FF13 was easy to work with and got unwarranted complaints while I find myself cursing at the AI in Ni No Kuni, ESPECIALLY when they get a golden orb and don't do a damn thing with it.

no way, that actually happened?! AI goes for gold orbs too? AHHH, I would not know because they die 15 second into the battle anyhow and I am left soloo'ing the bosses
#40pixel378Posted 1/30/2013 10:05:14 AM
Nobody will ever die if you have a tank familiar and use Yoo hoo.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit