Overrated?

#1Psycho_PoodlePosted 1/27/2013 4:43:47 PM
Yes or no? I heard this is overrated and not that good but I want to know for sure.
---
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing... after they've tried everything else."
-Winston Churchill
#2VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 4:44:53 PM
it depends on what you mean by overrated..

If you mean by reviews.. then um hell yes, I couldn't beleive the scores this piece of crap got..

If you mean by sales em not so sure.. i think it's getting the low sales it deserves..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 4:45:29 PM
Psycho_Poodle posted...
Yes or no? I heard this is overrated and not that good but I want to know for sure.

I'd say not really?

Originally, I don't think anyone thought this was going to do too well... then reviews started pouring out gushing over the game and interest of the game is higher than ever.

I wouldn't call it 'overrated' since most people seem to genuinely like this game because of -insert reasons here for why individuals like this game- but there are always going to be people who say it sucks/is for kids/etc.
#4jackstar_rockPosted 1/27/2013 4:48:02 PM(edited)
You should try asking in a neutral board to get a non-bias response. Unless subconsciously you're already favoring this game too, and you just want external reinforcement that this game is good since you've already made your purchase decision by posting this question here.
#5RagnawindPosted 1/27/2013 4:46:43 PM

It is NOT over-rated. It is just receiving a lot of hype for just coming out. A lot of games, especially JRPGs coming west, are like that. So far, I am about 12-15 hours in and am enjoying the game so far, myself.
#6goemon1977Posted 1/27/2013 4:47:22 PM
I am about 17 hours in so far, and I am enjoying it. I couldn't make it through Tales of Graces F, FF 13, or Star Ocean without wanting to have vultures rip my innards out slowly. This game is very back to basics, very easy on the eyes and ears, and moves at a pretty steady pace.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#7boring_namePosted 1/27/2013 4:48:25 PM
Yeah it's probably a little overrated right now, but it's a good game none the less. The game definitely has some frustrating flaws attached to it but the over all experience is more than worth it.
#8VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 4:48:26 PM
goemon1977 posted...
I am about 17 hours in so far, and I am enjoying it. I couldn't make it through Tales of Graces F, FF 13, or Star Ocean without wanting to have vultures rip my innards out slowly. This game is very back to basics, very easy on the eyes and ears, and moves at a pretty steady pace.

in other words those other games were too mature for you and you needed something a little "kid" friendly.. am i right posters?
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#9TTUJimPosted 1/27/2013 4:48:36 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
it depends on what you mean by overrated..

If you mean by reviews.. then um hell yes, I couldn't beleive the scores this piece of crap got..

If you mean by sales em not so sure.. i think it's getting the low sales it deserves..

The game is selling out in multiple stores all over the country. I'm not so sure your info is right.

But please keep trolling. I really enjoy it. It's funny when you get personal and tell us about your life as if it justifies your actions. Bravo for the laughs.
#10mico_ongoPosted 1/27/2013 4:48:51 PM
if by overrated you mean the way ff13 blew up in peoples faces after it was released then no.....

nothing against ff13, great game, beat it, but it kinda was hyped to the heavens only to be somewhere in the middle