Overrated?

#201Thanatos2kPosted 1/27/2013 11:44:18 PM
Anyway, I instantly distrust any review site when it comes to video games. I remember seeing 'official' reviews that claimed that The Bouncer and Ehrgeiz were GOOD games. To make a long story short, I was wrong when I thought it was April 1st.

I liked the Bouncer! It was pretty fun.

Anyone who claims to distrust ALL reviews is someone who obviously thinks far too highly of their own opinion. They call this "arrogant"
---
-Thanatos2k-
#202Psychofang12001Posted 1/27/2013 11:44:33 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
things are getting interesting here..

http://www.dadsbigplan.com/images/popcorn.gif

They grow up so fast lol
---
Protocol 10 will commence whenever I feel like it
#203Thanatos2kPosted 1/27/2013 11:45:44 PM
Obviously you do, it doesn't matter if I do or not.

You didn't answer the question - do you think FF2 is a bad game?

FF13 wasn't a bad game. Fans just like to spout utter nonsense about older series. It's funny how games like Tales F get more credit from JRPG fans when everything except gameplay (which dies) is utter garbage.

Irrespective of previous FF games, on its own merit - FF13 is a terrible game. Amazing graphics though.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#204TiaelPosted 1/27/2013 11:47:02 PM(edited)
Thanatos2k posted...
Obviously you do, it doesn't matter if I do or not.

You didn't answer the question - do you think FF2 is a bad game?

FF13 wasn't a bad game. Fans just like to spout utter nonsense about older series. It's funny how games like Tales F get more credit from JRPG fans when everything except gameplay (which dies) is utter garbage.

Irrespective of previous FF games, on its own merit - FF13 is a terrible game. Amazing graphics though.

A bad FF game, yes.
Overall bad, no.

But I already know your response.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#205PW360Posted 1/27/2013 11:47:05 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
Anyway, I instantly distrust any review site when it comes to video games. I remember seeing 'official' reviews that claimed that The Bouncer and Ehrgeiz were GOOD games. To make a long story short, I was wrong when I thought it was April 1st.

I liked the Bouncer! It was pretty fun.

Anyone who claims to distrust ALL reviews is someone who obviously thinks far too highly of their own opinion. They call this "arrogant"

Are you going back on whatever it is up you posted before? You said anything in yellow sucked. Well...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/the-bouncer
---
"High sales: "sales =/= quality"
Low sales: "game flops"" ~terry92126
#206AtalalamaPosted 1/27/2013 11:47:10 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
...Not seeing...a whole lot of hate there, dude. Lots of Average, but very little suckage.

New to metacritic? Average is 7-7.5. Anything in the yellow = bad game.

Hmmm...Positive...Mixed...Negative.

Nope, I read that right. Positive/great games are in green. Mixed/good games in yellow. Negative/bad games in red.

Besides, the fallacy of MC is in their grading system vs how whom they're quoting grades the games. MC considers a 75 as average, like a report card. EGM, whom they quote, considers 75 to be good, and 50 to be average (which has been a long standing tradition with game reviews for years). Yet 50 on MC is failing.

This is why using Metracritic as a source for game quality per review is idiotic. They don't bother to adjust the scores they're quoting to meet their scale. So suddenly a Good review score magically turns Average.

You should be ashamed of yourself, random person I'm replying to!
#207ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 11:47:43 PM
For NNK: It's overrated. You have people screaming 'GOTY!!!' everywhere. But the fact is, there's nothing spectacular about this game. It looks nice and it's also nice collecting familiar. That's s about it.

It's only a few people, really. And I find it's people who were disillusioned about JRPGs saying it. :/

Thanatos is slowly becoming the new Vanille of this thread.... I mean just look, she's watching and probably laughing. :|
#208Dreaded_FatePosted 1/27/2013 11:49:02 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
For NNK: It's overrated. You have people screaming 'GOTY!!!' everywhere. But the fact is, there's nothing spectacular about this game. It looks nice and it's also nice collecting familiar. That's s about it.

It's only a few people, really. And I find it's people who were disillusioned about JRPGs saying it. :/

Thanatos is slowly becoming the new Vanille of this thread.... I mean just look, she's watching and probably laughing. :|

10 bucks they are the same person trolling themselves.
#209AtalalamaPosted 1/27/2013 11:49:31 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...

I think they're the same person, actually.
#210ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 11:50:21 PM
Atalalama posted...
I think they're the same person, actually.

Dreaded_Fate posted...
10 bucks they are the same person trolling themselves.

Gamechanger. Mind blown.