Overrated?

#211coydog_30Posted 1/27/2013 10:51:13 PM
Oh trust me, the main reason I think alot of people say Tales of Graces f was so great wasn't really because of it's greatness. I think many of them were so glad it was released stateside that they were gonna think it was great regardless of how good it was. I've been a fan of the Tales series for awhile and I think the western audience is getting shafted for the most part. Even on game that came out here, we didn't get the best versions all the time.(Tales of Vesperia PS3)
---
Official Horus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#212zeranamuPosted 1/27/2013 10:53:00 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
sigh i didn't want to do this but I'll have to post pictures with comparisons....

here is a picture of oliver:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120724193114/ninokuni/images/d/d4/Oliver.png

hair looks unkempt and needs to be combed

Now here is a picture of Hope in CGI:
http://www.novacrystallis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Hopes-Importance.jpg

hair looks unkempt and needs to be combed
looks like a girl

I fixed that for you
---
PSN: Erimas
Currently Playing: A whole ton of games on the PS3, PS Vita, and PC.
#213ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 10:53:07 PM
coydog_30 posted...
Oh trust me, the main reason I think alot of people say Tales of Graces f was so great wasn't really because of it's greatness. I think many of them were so glad it was released stateside that they were gonna think it was great regardless of how good it was. I've been a fan of the Tales series for awhile and I think the western audience is getting shafted for the most part. Even on game that came out here, we didn't get the best versions all the time.(Tales of Vesperia PS3)

At least we know we're getting Xillia!

(please don't get canceled)
#214Thanatos2kPosted 1/27/2013 10:54:23 PM(edited)
Overall bad, no.

So I was right, you can't divorce "I like it" from "It's a good game."

Are you going back on whatever it is up you posted before? You said anything in yellow sucked. Well...

As I said, I thought it was fun. It's definitely not a great game, but I don't regret buying it for $30.

Hmmm...Positive...Mixed...Negative.

Nope, I read that right. Positive/great games are in green. Mixed/good games in yellow. Negative/bad games in red.

So yeah, you're new to metacritic. Let me explain how game grading works.

First of all, ignore everything metacritic has to say on their grading process, as it's fatally flawed. Here is how games are graded - it's based on the North American school grade system.

A: ~90-100
B: ~80-~90
C: ~70-~80
D: ~60-~70
F: <60

Metacritic was originally created to grade and aggregate movies. Movies, unlike games, tend to use the whole 1-10 scale. This is why metacritic's conversion of letter grades to number scores and their definition of "positive, mixed, and negative" is so flawed - they're using the whole scale like they do in movies when that's not how games get graded on average.

FF2 is a solid D, and that's pretty much how I'd describe it.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#215VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 10:54:04 PM
um im no thantos ... I actually met him on the last story boards and got used to him there... the rest of you have some breaking in to do it appears... lol

but i will be honest Its kind of nice to see some back and forth debates without me having to be dragged in them...

I'm all for expressing of opinions..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#216Thanatos2kPosted 1/27/2013 10:54:50 PM
How could anyone think me and Vanille are the same person? I mean, look at the grammar.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#217Psychofang12001Posted 1/27/2013 10:56:01 PM
It's is a lot like the Dmc board was before release lol except trying to sound Better than everyone else
---
Protocol 10 will commence whenever I feel like it
#218AuronSamuraiPosted 1/27/2013 10:56:50 PM
They're just apparently both trolls who think highly of themselves and can't accept other people's opinions is the gist I'm getting from this topic.
#219zzamaroPosted 1/27/2013 10:57:40 PM
Go and play COD.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#220ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 10:58:17 PM
AuronSamurai posted...
They're just apparently both trolls who think highly of themselves and can't accept other people's opinions is the gist I'm getting from this topic.

Hmm, pretty much. Thanatos loves Xenoblade so much it's his gf while Vanille hates anything that is not by Squeenix so she hangs around JRPG boards saying they suck and deserve low sales, it's like "gurl rly?"