*goes through 8 pages*

Oh my.

*grabs popcorn*
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#242JuanZoloPosted 1/28/2013 2:13:56 AM
Andaryu posted...
I haven't played an RPG this good in a very long time. I would even go so far to say it's the best game of this entire generation for me, but I absolutely love Studio Ghibli and Level 5.

---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#243JuanZoloPosted 1/28/2013 2:15:22 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
I haven't played an RPG this good in a very long time. I would even go so far to say it's the best game of this entire generation for me, but I absolutely love Studio Ghibli and Level 5.

I could name 5 better without even thinking.

Xenoblade
Valkyria Chronicles
Radiant Historia
SMT Strange Journey
Tactics Ogre remake

Your opinion. I don't find any of those better than Ni No Kuni.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#244diebuster2Posted 1/28/2013 2:16:11 AM
JuanZolo posted...
Thanatos2k posted...

Xenoblade
Valkyria Chronicles
Radiant Historia
SMT Strange Journey
Tactics Ogre remake

Well I do so your point is mute.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#245JuanZoloPosted 1/28/2013 2:18:17 AM
diebuster2 posted...
JuanZolo posted...
Thanatos2k posted...

Xenoblade
Valkyria Chronicles
Radiant Historia
SMT Strange Journey
Tactics Ogre remake

Well I do so your point is mute.

What point?
---
#246kupo1705Posted 1/28/2013 2:21:27 AM
It probably isn't as good as some other RPGs this gen, but overrated? It's only been out for a few days.
#247furrybeaversPosted 1/28/2013 3:02:01 AM
Pretty sure this was a troll topic to begin with to incite the riot this topic has become.

And everyone fell right into the Poodle's trap.
---
Currently playing: a bunch of PSP games, Skyrim, still catching up my Netflix Instant
Care less, have power
#248BakuryukunPosted 1/28/2013 3:13:11 AM
Oh boy, if it isn't my old friend the dumbest word in media lexicon "overrated."

Who is this game overrated by?

If they did overrated it, what standard is it being overrated by?

What is it that decides which scores are "the correct rating" or "higher than it should be" the average score put on it by reviewers? well of course that wouldn't make any sense, so is it the mass of public opinion? How do you average out the ratings in that case, do you take sample opinions of people and how they rate the game?

Are you talking about quantitative overrating? Well I can't see how that would be possible considering the quantity in question would have to be either review scores or peoples vague idea of how "good" or "bad" the game in question is, which as stated above doesn't really make any sense in the context of understanding a games merits and demerits.

Are you talking about qualitative overrating? Well that would be pretty silly, considering what makes a game intrinsically good or bad can vary greatly from person to person because it's really a matter of opinion and interpretation.

Overrated is a useless word that doesn't often make any sense in the context people use it when it comes do games,movies,books etc. by it's very nature it leaves no room for other peoples opinions all you are essentially saying when you think something is "overrated" is that not only is your judgement on a game completely factually right, but that everyone else is factually wrong in their judgement of said game. It is NOT a word intend for opinions or discussions with multiple outcomes. I see it get used incorrectly all the time and it drives me crazy.

So no, Ni no Kuni isn't overrated. Some people like it a lot and that's fine and valid, some people don't like it as much and that too is fine and valid.
#249krazykillerkowPosted 1/28/2013 3:37:51 AM
Bakuryukun posted...
Oh boy, if it isn't my old friend the dumbest word in media lexicon "overrated."

Who is this game overrated by?

If they did overrated it, what standard is it being overrated by?

What is it that decides which scores are "the correct rating" or "higher than it should be" the average score put on it by reviewers? well of course that wouldn't make any sense, so is it the mass of public opinion? How do you average out the ratings in that case, do you take sample opinions of people and how they rate the game?

Are you talking about quantitative overrating? Well I can't see how that would be possible considering the quantity in question would have to be either review scores or peoples vague idea of how "good" or "bad" the game in question is, which as stated above doesn't really make any sense in the context of understanding a games merits and demerits.

Are you talking about qualitative overrating? Well that would be pretty silly, considering what makes a game intrinsically good or bad can vary greatly from person to person because it's really a matter of opinion and interpretation.

Overrated is a useless word that doesn't often make any sense in the context people use it when it comes do games,movies,books etc. by it's very nature it leaves no room for other peoples opinions all you are essentially saying when you think something is "overrated" is that not only is your judgement on a game completely factually right, but that everyone else is factually wrong in their judgement of said game. It is NOT a word intend for opinions or discussions with multiple outcomes. I see it get used incorrectly all the time and it drives me crazy.

So no, Ni no Kuni isn't overrated. Some people like it a lot and that's fine and valid, some people don't like it as much and that too is fine and valid.

*shotgun loading sound*

We don't take kindly to logic here boy....
---
That don't bother me, I don't exist.-carsauce on the subject of vitasurance
#250SSj7CloudSPosted 1/28/2013 4:50:30 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
boring_name posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
goemon1977 posted...
I am about 17 hours in so far, and I am enjoying it. I couldn't make it through Tales of Graces F, FF 13, or Star Ocean without wanting to have vultures rip my innards out slowly. This game is very back to basics, very easy on the eyes and ears, and moves at a pretty steady pace.

in other words those other games were too mature for you and you needed something a little "kid" friendly.. am i right posters?

Why do you spend your, no doubt valuable, time doing this?

when people stop bashing good games for no reason (ffxiii cough), I will stop bashing stupid childish games with good reason..

You're going to have a very lonely, sad life.

Also people bash them for legitimately good reasons, you just refuse to see it.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77