Overrated?

#251hyperknees91Posted 1/28/2013 5:55:20 AM
Bakuryukun posted...
Oh boy, if it isn't my old friend the dumbest word in media lexicon "overrated."

Who is this game overrated by?

If they did overrated it, what standard is it being overrated by?

What is it that decides which scores are "the correct rating" or "higher than it should be" the average score put on it by reviewers? well of course that wouldn't make any sense, so is it the mass of public opinion? How do you average out the ratings in that case, do you take sample opinions of people and how they rate the game?

Are you talking about quantitative overrating? Well I can't see how that would be possible considering the quantity in question would have to be either review scores or peoples vague idea of how "good" or "bad" the game in question is, which as stated above doesn't really make any sense in the context of understanding a games merits and demerits.

Are you talking about qualitative overrating? Well that would be pretty silly, considering what makes a game intrinsically good or bad can vary greatly from person to person because it's really a matter of opinion and interpretation.

Overrated is a useless word that doesn't often make any sense in the context people use it when it comes do games,movies,books etc. by it's very nature it leaves no room for other peoples opinions all you are essentially saying when you think something is "overrated" is that not only is your judgement on a game completely factually right, but that everyone else is factually wrong in their judgement of said game. It is NOT a word intend for opinions or discussions with multiple outcomes. I see it get used incorrectly all the time and it drives me crazy.

So no, Ni no Kuni isn't overrated. Some people like it a lot and that's fine and valid, some people don't like it as much and that too is fine and valid.

The good sir deserves a round of applause.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#252Thanatos2kPosted 1/28/2013 10:39:01 AM
Your opinion. I don't find any of those better than Ni No Kuni.

Some people have good taste in games. Some don't. It happens.

Overrated is a useless word that doesn't often make any sense in the context people use it when it comes do games,movies,books etc

Exactly. It's a criticism one uses when they don't want to or can't explain any actual faults. It's a criticism used by trolls.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#253AuronSamuraiPosted 1/28/2013 11:00:07 AM
I'm surprised you don't use it then.
#254Thanatos2kPosted 1/28/2013 11:00:49 AM
AuronSamurai posted...
I'm surprised you don't use it then.

I'm not a troll, nor do I think the game is overrated.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#255AuronSamuraiPosted 1/28/2013 11:02:25 AM
One of those is a fallacy.
#256kingman1206Posted 1/28/2013 11:42:21 AM
coydog_30 posted...
Oh, I got a dirty secret for a game that few seem to like.

Legaia 2: Duel Saga

It was graphically challenged and not exactly the greatest storyline, but the battle system was great especially for anyone that played the original and sidequests were actually quite fun.

I enjoyed it too, sure it wasn't the greatest game ever and most people prefer it's predecessor. But it was pretty good.
#257itis41269Posted 1/28/2013 12:15:49 PM
after reading through page after page i can honestly say this topic is overrated
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#258Psychofang12001Posted 1/28/2013 12:58:10 PM
Wow this topic still lives even after last night? Guess ill keep track and see if the overrated goes anywhere or if it dies and goes to another lol still waiting for metal gear rising trolls and dead space 3 not being a horror game enough and how that's gonna be over rated too good stuff lol
---
Protocol 10 will commence whenever I feel like it
#259Psycho_Poodle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:43:44 PM
Okay, wait, is this game overrated or not? And don't give me a 5-page flame storm this time. All I asked was a simple question... geez
---
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing... after they've tried everything else."
-Winston Churchill
#260Thanatos2kPosted 1/28/2013 3:24:24 PM
Psycho_Poodle posted...
Okay, wait, is this game overrated or not? And don't give me a 5-page flame storm this time. All I asked was a simple question... geez

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65292936/732592647

Why are you asking something you apparently already have the answer to?

Why are you posting after you claimed you were leaving?
---
-Thanatos2k-