Overrated?

#41coydog_30Posted 1/27/2013 4:27:43 PM
Funny thing, Vanille, you mentioned X-2 here as one of your least favorite FF yet it's your 4th favorite all time JRPG in the most enjoyable list of all time.

I've mentioned I'm a fan of Final Fantasy before, but I also believe they've gone downhill starting with the PS2 era. X was good, but XII was too linear and outside of maybe Balthier and Basch, the characters were bland and forgettable. XIII was again too linear and the story just never grabbed me. I never said the games were not fun, but they don't live up to the Final Fantasy name imho.
---
Official Horus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#42VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 4:29:59 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
it depends on what you mean by overrated..

If you mean by reviews.. then um hell yes, I couldn't beleive the scores this piece of crap got..

If you mean by sales em not so sure.. i think it's getting the low sales it deserves..

Ewwwww a FFXIII Fanboy? ...Let me guess, you've never played any Final Fantasies before X amiright?

Let me guess.. your a generic hater who is mad FF doesn't give you that same lil tingly feeling in your stomach as it did when you were a little boy??

and no I have played: FFIV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, and XIII-2...

XIII, XII and X are 3 of my favorites, along with V, VII, IX and XIII-2......

i liked VI

I thought IV, X-2 and VIII were the worst of the ones I played but were still decent...

Actually I'm a girl and tbh I was never a huge FF fan. I loved the series sure, but it never compared to series such as Grandia and Lunar.

And the fact that you list XIII and XII as your favorites.....?

LOL! Get out, just GTFO!

Now I KNOW you're trolling. Everybody knows that FF got legitimately bad once XII rolled around. Final Fantasies IV-X were great games and true classics and after that the series went down the drain thanks to the merger with Enix and Sakaguchi leaving.

sounds like you are too busy trying to conform with everybody instead of making your own opinions.. Fortunatly I don't care what everybody thinks they know, or when people on the internet came together and decided to state when they thought final fantasy went downhill or died....

I like what I want..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#43Goul111Posted 1/27/2013 4:30:00 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
it depends on what you mean by overrated..

If you mean by reviews.. then um hell yes, I couldn't beleive the scores this piece of crap got..

If you mean by sales em not so sure.. i think it's getting the low sales it deserves..

Ewwwww a FFXIII Fanboy? ...Let me guess, you've never played any Final Fantasies before X amiright?

Let me guess.. your a generic hater who is mad FF doesn't give you that same lil tingly feeling in your stomach as it did when you were a little boy??

and no I have played: FFIV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, and XIII-2...

XIII, XII and X are 3 of my favorites, along with V, VII, IX and XIII-2......

i liked VI

I thought IV, X-2 and VIII were the worst of the ones I played but were still decent...

Actually I'm a girl and tbh I was never a huge FF fan. I loved the series sure, but it never compared to series such as Grandia and Lunar.

And the fact that you list XIII and XII as your favorites.....?

LOL! Get out, just GTFO!

Now I KNOW you're trolling. Everybody knows that FF got legitimately bad once XII rolled around. Final Fantasies IV-X were great games and true classics and after that the series went down the drain thanks to the merger with Enix and Sakaguchi leaving.

Actually even 12 still has its share of fans who played the series before the merger. You are in a way pushing your opinion just like the Troll is pushing theirs.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#44jungledeevaPosted 1/27/2013 4:30:07 PM
FF hasn't been good since X, I think a great percentage of long time FF fans will agree with this.
---
Best Friend Tabitha's best friend.
My baby girl was born January 8th 2012!! She is amazing <3
#45EurAsianGirlPosted 1/27/2013 4:31:32 PM
jungledeeva posted...
FF hasn't been good since X, I think a great percentage of long time FF fans will agree with this.

This.
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#46VanilleHopenPosted 1/27/2013 4:32:05 PM
coydog_30 posted...
Funny thing, Vanille, you mentioned X-2 here as one of your least favorite FF yet it's your 4th favorite all time JRPG in the most enjoyable list of all time.

I've mentioned I'm a fan of Final Fantasy before, but I also believe they've gone downhill starting with the PS2 era. X was good, but XII was too linear and outside of maybe Balthier and Basch, the characters were bland and forgettable. XIII was again too linear and the story just never grabbed me. I never said the games were not fun, but they don't live up to the Final Fantasy name imho.

dude i already told you on that list.. it wasn't in order.. it was me listing all the ff's i LIKED in order from newest entry to oldest...if you took 2 seconds out of your day to think about it you would of relalized the roman numbers went from xiii-2 down to iv IN ORDER..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#47ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 4:32:44 PM
A lot of people seem to really like XII quite a bit though the characters seem to be an issue for them.

IMO, people don't seem to realize that out of the last '4' FFs after X, two of them were MMOs and then we have XII/XIII. There hasn't really been much to say "Oh, FF hasn't been good since X" when there have only been two main console games in the last 11-12 years not counting spin offs. I am eagerly awaiting XV but I want to know what happens in the end of Lightning Returns:FFXIII before we get that ~_~
#48grandabxPosted 1/27/2013 4:35:18 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
For what its worth, I believe that Final Fantasy I think it was 12 (whichever one has lightning but not the newest one) was good but Ni No Kuni looks boring. Maybe people like Kuni so much because they want Sony to succeed or whatever. I havent played Ni No Kuni but I am not interested at all in playing it.

Wait, so why are you posting here...?

i just busted out laughing to this. like seriously, WHY are you here?
#49ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 4:36:52 PM
grandabx posted...
i just busted out laughing to this. like seriously, WHY are you here?

Indeed.

"I don't really like how this game looks and I have no interest in playing."

So... uh... why? LOL. If I'm not into a game, I don't visit the board. I suppose a lot of posters are here because of the #1 status this game has at the moment but eh, should be expected, I guess.
#50Wagram123Posted 1/27/2013 4:37:37 PM
Honestly, I do feel critically and by word of mouth that the game is over rated. I've been playing roughly 30 hours so far and the games biggest detractor is the story. It's nothing to really care about. The highlights are whenever the antagonists actually participate. Also the party AI is very clunky, and the lack of a form of gambit system hurts.

It's definitely a solid 7-8/10 game, but Ni No Kuni does close to nothing that another JRPG hasn't done better this generation. It does excel in a few areas though.