Overrated?

#51coydog_30Posted 1/27/2013 5:37:57 PM
DUDE, don't call me dude. If you took time to do anything but troll these boards you'd know I don't care. First, I posted this one before you ALREADY posted your response in the other topic. Second, I already tried to reason with you in a PM, but you still waste your time trolling here. If you don't like the game, just go enjoy another one so everyone else can enjoy this one if they want. I can't even make a rational decision on this game myself until I get my copy in the mail, but even if I don't like it, I won't waste my time bashing it. I could use that time either playing another game or going outside once in awhile.
---
Official Horus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#52ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/27/2013 5:41:10 PM
Wagram123 posted...
It's definitely a solid 7-8/10 game, but Ni No Kuni does close to nothing that another JRPG hasn't done better this generation. It does excel in a few areas though.

Honestly, if that's true, then why didn't those JRPGs get a better reception?
#53archizzyPosted 1/27/2013 5:42:08 PM
FF is always a heated debate even among FF fans. One persons favorite is another persons least favorite. That will never change.

I personally think X was the last great FF and haven't really been blown away my anything after the merger. With that being said I don't think XIII deserves the hate it gets.

For me personally VII and X are my all time favorites with Tactics right up there is the top pantheon.

I thought VIII was poor and really didn't care much for IX.

There are many who think IX may be the best one and I think it is pretty bad. I think it also has a lot to do with those two games being sandwiched in between my two favorites.

XIII for me wasn't great but I would take it all day long over VIII and IX but that is just me.

I'm certainly not new to the series. While many people were in fact turned on to their first FF game with VII on the PS1, I was already 21 years old when that came out and had been playing since the first game on NES.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#54naarosPosted 1/27/2013 5:42:35 PM
I'm really enjoying it quite a bit, so... I don't think it's overrated, but I won't know for sure until I finish it. (around 30hours in atm, though)
#55ryuuXfinnPosted 1/27/2013 5:44:28 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
it depends on what you mean by overrated..

If you mean by reviews.. then um hell yes, I couldn't beleive the scores this piece of crap got..

If you mean by sales em not so sure.. i think it's getting the low sales it deserves..

Ewwwww a FFXIII Fanboy? ...Let me guess, you've never played any Final Fantasies before X amiright?

Let me guess.. your a generic hater who is mad FF doesn't give you that same lil tingly feeling in your stomach as it did when you were a little boy??

and no I have played: FFIV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, and XIII-2...

XIII, XII and X are 3 of my favorites, along with V, VII, IX and XIII-2......

i liked VI

I thought IV, X-2 and VIII were the worst of the ones I played but were still decent...

Actually I'm a girl and tbh I was never a huge FF fan. I loved the series sure, but it never compared to series such as Grandia and Lunar.

And the fact that you list XIII and XII as your favorites.....?

LOL! Get out, just GTFO!

Now I KNOW you're trolling. Everybody knows that FF got legitimately bad once XII rolled around. Final Fantasies IV-X were great games and true classics and after that the series went down the drain thanks to the merger with Enix and Sakaguchi leaving.

Sorry but by asking him to gtfo because he likes a certain game is rude and is no different from him forcing his opinion. There is perfectly nothing wrong with saying FFXIII is a good game since that is his opinion. You may not agree with it but that doesn't mean he deserves your profanity.

I'm also a big FF fan and I've enjoyed every FF including XIII and I'll continue to support SE in their games and I'm not gonna say that a certain FF sucks because I've enjoyed every single one. Now that I've said that I like XIII, does that make me a troll?
#56Wagram123Posted 1/27/2013 5:45:03 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
Wagram123 posted...
It's definitely a solid 7-8/10 game, but Ni No Kuni does close to nothing that another JRPG hasn't done better this generation. It does excel in a few areas though.

Honestly, if that's true, then why didn't those JRPGs get a better reception?

Well it's my own personal opinion of course. I could honestly care less what X reviewer believes a game score is because that's his/her opinion. My opinion is what counts, and I own pretty much every JRPG one could think of that has been released here in the states.

I have nothing against Ni No Kuni. It's a game i'm glad i've played (and still playing actually) but I personally believe it's nowhere near the level people are putting it at.
#57EurAsianGirlPosted 1/27/2013 5:45:14 PM
Wagram123 posted...
Honestly, I do feel critically and by word of mouth that the game is over rated. I've been playing roughly 30 hours so far and the games biggest detractor is the story. It's nothing to really care about. The highlights are whenever the antagonists actually participate. Also the party AI is very clunky, and the lack of a form of gambit system hurts.

Story and characters are the main reason I play JRPGS so does that mean I won't find anything here that I'm looking for. :( Is it not as good as classics like Grandia and Lunar story-wise?
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#58jungledeevaPosted 1/27/2013 5:47:17 PM
so far the story imo is lacking but I am not far in at all, just got past the desert, I hope that something interesting happens soon. although it is a fun game with fun elements, it doesn't really take away from it being fun.
---
Best Friend Tabitha's best friend.
My baby girl was born January 8th 2012!! She is amazing <3
#59Wagram123Posted 1/27/2013 5:47:52 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
Wagram123 posted...
Honestly, I do feel critically and by word of mouth that the game is over rated. I've been playing roughly 30 hours so far and the games biggest detractor is the story. It's nothing to really care about. The highlights are whenever the antagonists actually participate. Also the party AI is very clunky, and the lack of a form of gambit system hurts.

Story and characters are the main reason I play JRPGS so does that mean I won't find anything here that I'm looking for. :( Is it not as good as classics like Grandia and Lunar story-wise?

It's not HORRIBLE, but don't expect anything mind blowing. I wouldn't pass on it solely for that reason. In the end it is a good game when you add everything together. However like I stated in the end it's really not that interesting story wise.
#60EurAsianGirlPosted 1/27/2013 5:49:01 PM
Wagram123 posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
Wagram123 posted...

It's not HORRIBLE, but don't expect anything mind blowing. I wouldn't pass on it solely for that reason. In the end it is a good game when you add everything together. However like I stated in the end it's really not that interesting story wise.

What about characterization wise? Also what other JRPGS have you played so I know whether or not to take your word?
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.