Question about '?' Merit Awards.

#1XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxXPosted 1/28/2013 7:47:40 AM
I noticed after 'Jackpot' the Merit awards are '?' so my question is do I need to get all the previous Merits in order to open these? I don't really care to waste a Merit Card on the first one called 'Jumping Jack' it seems like a novelty and not necessary to complete anything. I could be wrong.

Should I wait until later, when I get them opened or do I have to get 'Jumping Jack' in order to unlock the next tier? Thanks.
---
You should read your Bible, sirs. You'll find all types of weird stuff in there. Like, did you know Jesus was a Jew? -Jay
#2LeanaunfurledPosted 1/28/2013 7:49:10 AM
do I need to get all the previous Merits in order to open these?

Yes. All of them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcGe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Hkndg.gif
#3flashfactor7Posted 1/28/2013 7:50:02 AM(edited)
Yea can't move up tiers till they are all bought.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#4XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:51:10 AM
I'm confused, sorry. Do i need to get them all for the next '???' to be opened?

What do you mean by '8'? Thanks for the fast replies.
---
You should read your Bible, sirs. You'll find all types of weird stuff in there. Like, did you know Jesus was a Jew? -Jay
#5flashfactor7Posted 1/28/2013 7:52:49 AM
XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxX posted...
I'm confused, sorry. Do i need to get them all for the next '???' to be opened?

What do you mean by '8'? Thanks for the fast replies.

I had read it wrong sorry.

In order to unlock the next set of "???" rewards you have to buy all the previous ones first, AND be past a certain point in the story.

They pretty much all line up since tasks are unlocked with the story.
---
PSN & twitch.tv - flashfactor7
Playing & Streaming: Ni No Kuni
#6XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:53:10 AM
Ok nevermind on the question about 8, it got deleted. I see thanks. Alright then, that's cool then. It will make me get everything and not wonder about what they are if I had skipped them.

Thank you!
---
#7XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:54:54 AM
This is great, because I was not getting 'Jack in the box' (makes it easier to sneak up on enemies) hoping the next tier would unlock soon and I would get something better. Now I can get that and not waste it's non-use. ;)
---