Anyone else basically skipping all the story behind take/give heart quests?

#1kkeevvPosted 1/28/2013 9:35:22 AM
I mean, it was neat at first, but after the 20th or so heart quest now it's just annoying...
---
Check out my quote.
#2MyzticRedPandaPosted 1/28/2013 9:37:29 AM(edited)
Lol actually did this last night. Up to Hamelin and just started skipping take/give hearts side quests. I am indeed sick of hearing each individuals little fiasco, i'll just skip now and it's obvious which one you're doing (give/take)

(skip as in skip dialogue)
---
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all
#3littlecletusPosted 1/28/2013 9:38:12 AM
This game has a seriously case of "why say something in 5 words when you can say it in 25 words". The writers were obviously heartbroken and I really wish Oliver could have given them some restraint.

Heck yeah I just button press through those quest's dialogues as quickly as I can.
I find myself starting to button press through more now too, not just these quests.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#4EgHeadFoolPosted 1/28/2013 9:38:48 AM
There's almost no point to the quests if you skip the text (except a few stamps), but ah well.
#5SogalePosted 1/28/2013 9:39:01 AM
Level-5 expecting you to give a crap about these one-dimensional never-see-again NPCs is BS. I tap X as fast as I can to skip through that nonsense.

It's a pretty pointless, tedious gimmick in general.
#6kamikaze135Posted 1/28/2013 9:40:43 AM
After the first three I skip the story.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#7SogalePosted 1/28/2013 9:40:45 AM
This game has a seriously case of "why say something in 5 words when you can say it in 25 words". The writers were obviously heartbroken and I really wish Oliver could have given them some restraint.
F-ing this. This is such a gorgeously designed game, why they thought we should spend most of it staring at a text box is beyond me.
#8NicoGrimmPosted 1/28/2013 9:45:18 AM(edited)
*raises hand*

It's like "I don't care! yes, I get that you're a jerk! Here, here's some kindness or whatever. Happy? Gimme stamps! :< "

I never not cared about quests in jRPGs as much I do with Heart quests in this game.

It'd be better if youb had to listen to them talk and figure out what they'r missing by yourself, but no. Drippy tells you EXACTLY what they need every single time. I thought he told you the first few times as a tutorial or something, but he wont stop.

---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#9kkeevv(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:50:30 AM
EgHeadFool posted...
There's almost no point to the quests if you skip the text (except a few stamps), but ah well.

Those few stamps are exactly what I need though, lol
---
Check out my quote.
#10AzmuhPosted 1/28/2013 10:16:44 AM
Haha yes! After the first few quests I started skipping through the text. Gimme those stamps, mun!
---
SPINNINGU BIRDO KEECKU