Anyone else basically skipping all the story behind take/give heart quests?

#11M4karovPosted 1/28/2013 11:18:19 AM
I listen to them because I find the stories kind of touching.
#12sirlylePosted 1/28/2013 11:23:36 AM
When my wife is watching me play I'll slow down so she can read it since she mentioned she liked reading those stories but when shes doing something else I'm spamming X as fast as possible. MGS torture room style.
---
PSN: SirLyle
XBL: Ensocren
#13Razz99Posted 1/28/2013 11:26:04 AM
Not necessarily skip, but certainly speed read. They are not interesting stories.
#14ZetgobPosted 1/28/2013 11:28:07 AM
As someone who actually reads MMO quest dialogue, I couldn't even handle reading through all of these by the end. They were that uninteresting.
#15MidgardDragon99Posted 1/28/2013 11:28:39 AM
No I am not purposefully making the world less interesting for myself.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#16scythe05Posted 1/28/2013 11:35:03 AM
Nope
---
"I'm warning you I don't taste very good, you'll get the runs!"
-Karol- Tales of Vesperia
#17NicoGrimmPosted 1/28/2013 11:37:40 AM
As someone who actually reads MMO quest dialogue, I couldn't even handle reading through all of these by the end. They were that uninteresting.

Adding a little to this, I'm the kind of person who speaks to every NPC I can see. And, read what they say as well.
I just.. cant do it with heart quests.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#18IMRavnosPosted 1/28/2013 11:37:52 AM
Yeah the stories range from yawn to OMFG kill me this is dumb.

"Arrrg I are a jerk me mad and people suck"

"Oh my husband is upset"

"Aye mun blah blah blah blah flippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah flippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Travel 10 feet or 10,000 miles get piece of heart come back

"arrrg what you did! My chest is warm"

"flippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahflippin blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

get stamps.

First 3-5 was neat, now it's just a boring chore.
#19kroakerPosted 1/28/2013 11:38:20 AM
I don't have all day to devote to playing JRPG's nowadays like I did when I was a kid. So for better or worse I've been basically skipping 90% of the dialogue in this game so far.

I play games for gameplay. If its got a great story too, that's cool... But I don't really have the time to spend on that at this point in my life.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#20kkeevv(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:40:37 AM
kroaker posted...
I don't have all day to devote to playing JRPG's nowadays like I did when I was a kid. So for better or worse I've been basically skipping 90% of the dialogue in this game so far.

I play games for gameplay. If its got a great story too, that's cool... But I don't really have the time to spend on that at this point in my life.

The main story of this game is pretty worth it though
---
Check out my quote.