is this the new ff7?

#41lol_whatPosted 1/28/2013 4:51:14 PM
the lego people are kinda lame but given ff7 had silly stuff like cloud cross dressing so he could sneak into a pimps mansion it fit

the pre-rendered backgrounds are all very nice
#42Herod2Posted 1/28/2013 5:06:11 PM
I love this game... but in my opinion ffvii is tons better.
#43xxghost12xxPosted 1/28/2013 5:37:18 PM
I think FF9 and 12 were better.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#44SkrallRampagerPosted 1/28/2013 5:38:24 PM
It is better than LegoFest?

Yes, yes it is.
#45Thanatos2kPosted 1/28/2013 5:39:49 PM
RPGs were FANTASTIC before FF7 came along with cutscenes which have become the worst mechanic ever introduced to gaming.

Chrono Trigger had cutscenes.

So did FF6.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#46TheofratosPosted 1/28/2013 5:46:52 PM
Griever4 posted...
So Funny how many self-proclaimed video game historian we have on this web site.

Statements such as "FFVII is legendary for many reasons and deserving of very few of them" are illogic and paradoxical.

when something or someone becomes legendary, it's by the standards that have been established by mass population and history itself. Arguing that those reasons were not deserved is merely personal opinion and should not be applied as actual fact.

Michael Jordan is a legendary basketball player. That is a fact. If someone comes along and says "the reasons for which he became a legend are not deserved", most of the rest of the population will either say "that is your personal opinion, interesting as it may be" or "who the hell are you to make such a ridiculous claim" either way, that person doesnt change anything by stating his/her opinion.

Same concept applies here.

Final fantasy VII is a legendary game. period. it was given that status by the general population and culture for many reasons. Poping up out of nowhere on a message board and claiming those reasons were not deserved is irrelevant to the true status of the game.

Like it or not, FF VII is legendary and will always be legendary.

(cant believe I wrote the word legendary that many times and never made a "wait for it" pun... hmmm)

Hes got the right of it.
---
PSN = Theofratos
#47KukaiDragonPosted 1/28/2013 5:52:35 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
RPGs were FANTASTIC before FF7 came along with cutscenes which have become the worst mechanic ever introduced to gaming.

Chrono Trigger had cutscenes.

So did FF6.

The original versions didn't. The PS remakes did. I could be mistaken but I don't think I am.

And to the OP...no... no it's not. I'm not incredibly far in Ni No Kuni but I do not think FF7 will be beat when comparing it properly. For it's time FF7 was absolutely amazing. I don't think NNK has that. I love the look and the game itself, but it does not contain that same, "Holy crap look at this!" feel that I had when I first played FF7.
#48kilaudePosted 1/28/2013 5:53:59 PM
Tevren posted...
It's better, ff7 was garbage. A better question is if this is the new ff6.

lol....
#49KuoxPosted 1/28/2013 5:56:48 PM
lol_what posted...
Factpinon 1: FF7 is still one of the best rpgs ever made, and I say this as someone who played it for the first time last year.

That's awesome, totally defeats arguments by the haters saying people just think FF7 is great because of nostalgia and that it has aged terribly.
---
Not that bad
#50katamoriPosted 1/28/2013 6:02:12 PM
Kuox posted...
lol_what posted...
Factpinon 1: FF7 is still one of the best rpgs ever made, and I say this as someone who played it for the first time last year.

That's awesome, totally defeats arguments by the haters saying people just think FF7 is great because of nostalgia and that it has aged terribly.

Not quite.It actually has aged terribly but you are right on the nostalgia part.When you look at FF7 it didn't even age well in the ps1 era as quite a few better RPGs came out in the years after ff7.
---
PSN:helcalv