is this the new ff7?

#71NolaxPosted 1/28/2013 8:01:02 PM
Love FF7 but man am i sick of seeing this stupid topic in every rpg board........urgh.
#72-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/28/2013 8:11:13 PM
IMRavnos posted...
Cloud is a pretty shallow character - I pretend to be another guy who was pretty cool and have a big honking sword - wow that's deep.

You can downplay anything if you describe it in such a bare manner.
#73EdagePosted 1/28/2013 8:11:43 PM
TheSpectre posted...
Prismsblade posted...
Ff7 is no where near as loved today as back then, as people are far more aware of its awful characters, plot, and graphics.

uhh lol?

this game isnt anywhere near as popular and may get accolades for the year, but FF7 has pretty much etched its place in history. it introduced tons of people to FF and jrpgs in general. i honestly dont hear much about this game outside the internet where its heralded as this "tours de force" by jrpg enthusiasts.

I agree, I probably would not be a JRPG fan if I had never encountered FF7 when it was released, as I had never been exposed the the genre before hand.

This game may be just as popular for years to come, but it it will never the pop culture phenomena that is Final Fantasy 7.

However, I personally enjoy Wrath of the White Witch more now than I did final fantasy 7 at its release.
---
Currently Playing: Sleeping Dogs (PC), Hitman Absolution (PC), DmC Devil May Cry (PC) Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
#74DjAlaricPosted 1/28/2013 8:20:36 PM
Ff7 is no where near as loved today as back then, as people are far more aware of its awful characters, plot, and graphics.

Awful graphic? The graphic was amazing at that time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVa0Q_t0bI&feature=related
Gamertag: Circle6
#75RoleOfGSHCPosted 1/28/2013 8:27:03 PM
TheSpectre posted...
Prismsblade posted...

uhh lol?

this game isnt anywhere near as popular and may get accolades for the year, but FF7 has pretty much etched its place in history. it introduced tons of people to FF and jrpgs in general. i honestly dont hear much about this game outside the internet where its heralded as this "tours de force" by jrpg enthusiasts.

While many of us love to berate FF7, it's also a lot of our very first JRPG. That was the case with me - it was my first, introduced me to the genre, and is largely responsible for my tastes in games now. But would I wanna be pregnant via Sephiroth? Lol, no. Kefka actually accomplished what he set out to do, though, and I've always seen myself as more of a mage than a warrior...

But strange kinks aside, if it's not done by the Ivalice team, I tend to be skeptical of it. Too much trying to reinvent the wheel and not enough renovating it to make sure it runs nicely. The Tactics Team, on the other hand, does a good job of improving their formula each game - can't wait for TA3.

Still, FF isn't my favorite series... .hack and Mana Khemia tend to be my favorite JRPGs, though Ni No Kuni is certainly making its way up there with them.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#76-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/28/2013 8:35:34 PM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
Kefka actually accomplished what he set out to do, though, and I've always seen myself as more of a mage than a warrior...

How come Kefka gets all this credit for "succeeding at what he set out to do" while other FF villains did the same?
#77MuflagginPosted 1/28/2013 8:38:06 PM
Man what's with this board and trying to associate this game with all time great RPG's? Did you guys just start gaming this generation or something?
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#78Seifer_usPosted 1/28/2013 8:46:22 PM
Uh... you just let me know when this game becomes universally loved enough to sell 10 million copies worldwide and then we'll talk.

Ni no Kuni is a good game, but Final Fantasy VII was a phenomenon. We will never see anything that big in gaming, where RPGs are concerned, ever again. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#79BrightShield786Posted 1/28/2013 8:58:32 PM
Seifer_us posted...
We will never see anything that big in gaming, where RPGs are concerned, ever again. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Pokemon would like to have a word with you...
---
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword." - Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones
#80Seifer_usPosted 1/28/2013 9:26:48 PM
BrightShield786 posted...
Seifer_us posted...
We will never see anything that big in gaming, where RPGs are concerned, ever again. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Pokemon would like to have a word with you...

I'll grant you Pokemon; despite the fact that I still have no idea, to this day, why it's so ridiculously popular. I keep expecting it be like Pogs, or friendship bracelets and have its popularity die off, but it's like some kind of super-fad. God, I hate Pokemon.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji