This or FFXIII?

#21ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/28/2013 6:58:19 PM
XIII gets too much hate. :( I had fun with it and XIII-2 and can't wait for LR:FFXIII to see how things end up. (Also so we can get XV... jeez)
#22Thanatos2kPosted 1/28/2013 6:59:37 PM(edited)
There are very few games I would recommend FF13 over. What a garbage game.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#23NewMoonShadowPosted 1/28/2013 7:02:18 PM
kaonohiokala posted...
-Familiarity. I've played and beaten FF 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, and 10. I've also gotten into 4, 7, and 12. Basically, I'm very familiar with the FF series and enjoy it a lot.

Being familiar with past FF games doesn't translate at all into familiarity with FF XIII, it bears almost no resemblance whatsoever to past games in the series. It diverges even more from the old formula than 12 did, and that game already bore about as much resemblance to the old FF games as Star Wars does to Lord of the Rings.
#24AnthonyBrock2Posted 1/28/2013 7:03:44 PM
This....unless you like walking down a hallway.
---
Gamertag:SonowRaevius,psn:SonowRaevius
Youtube:sonow666.
#25archizzyPosted 1/28/2013 7:03:55 PM
I'm not going to get into a debate about which game is "better" because every one is different.

However from a logical standpoint if money is tight it just makes more sense to get FFXIII since it is so cheap. Hell you could get FFXIII-2 as well and still come out much cheaper.

Just because the game is undershipped right now to some places doesn't mean it will be a "rare" game.

With the Internet available it usually isn't an issue to get games at a later date, and usually at better prices.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#26benko916Posted 1/28/2013 7:08:02 PM
This is my opinion: because I had to make the same choice not that long ago. And I am glad I did. First off Final Fantasy 13 is not like any of the other FF games, (ive played them all too) I bought Ni No Kuni on the PS store (took about 7 hours to dowload for me total with install) but I have never been happier, its more like the games you mentioned than FF13 is. Trust me! lol

Ni No Kuni is amazing!!! It has an open world u can explore right away rather than FF13 where you get to explore one map when u get to like the 11th dungeon or something sorry for the spoilers my bad!, other than that the game is pretty straight forward, Dont get me wrong I liked FF13, but Ni No Kuni is worth that $60 bucks. If you buy it on the PS store it only costs $55 bucks, well ultimately its your choice,

The games you mentioned, my opinion is you would enjoy Ni No Kuni way more than FF13 (they changed it a lot) Ni No Kuni feels like FF 6 mixed with a lil tales, and nintendo 64 rpgs... its beautiful, its fun, the pacing is great, overall its a way better game than FF13. Well Good Luck with your choice :) Ni No Kuni is worth it :)
#27legend253Posted 1/28/2013 7:10:50 PM
I was hoping VanilleHope woulda showed up...
---
GT: Lord Avon
"I'm sorry Teddie...only people have human rights."
#28ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/28/2013 7:13:33 PM
legend253 posted...
I was hoping VanilleHope woulda showed up...

She got suspended.
#29kaliskonigPosted 1/28/2013 7:21:22 PM(edited)
In comparison to other Final Fantasy games, 13 was just crap....okay maybe it is not that bad but the lame characters, step back for the ATB system, stupid story, useless summons, Endless corridor type world, a leveling system that is slow and executed poorly just to avoid the player growing to strong it just doesn't stack up to the greater RPG's out there. Give it a try. You might like it if you are not really invested in the final Fantasy series as a whole. Honestly if you have played all of those Final Fantasies I can see 13 leaving a bad taste in your mouth.
#30RPG maniac87Posted 1/28/2013 7:18:32 PM
Both are great, but I liked FFXIII more than NNK.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)