This or FFXIII?

#41pixel378Posted 1/28/2013 7:59:52 PM
If your familiar with FF don't get FF13 bud. Its the worst FF game I have ever played. Hardly even a RPG with all of its garbage linear BS.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#42PrismsbladePosted 1/28/2013 8:00:43 PM
Alucard_FoN posted...
FFXIII will probably get a lot of crap in this thread but I rather liked it. It was no FF6 but as long as you know what you're getting so that you aren't mega disappointed by the linear nature of it it's a pretty good game. Lightning is cloud.

fix'ed
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#43EdagePosted 1/28/2013 8:02:40 PM
Prismsblade posted...
Alucard_FoN posted...
FFXIII will probably get a lot of crap in this thread but I rather liked it. It was no FF6 but as long as you know what you're getting so that you aren't mega disappointed by the linear nature of it it's a pretty good game. Lightning is cloud.

fix'ed

Not a fix, come on, Let's not bring Cid into this...
---
Currently Playing: Sleeping Dogs (PC), Hitman Absolution (PC), DmC Devil May Cry (PC) Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
#44BloodyRawPosted 1/28/2013 8:07:14 PM
liltagg posted...
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
liltagg posted...
And the winner for most terrible comparison goes to...

They're asking which one should they buy. :(

I'm talking about the poster comparing two games a few years apart on the same system to a current gen system and something 30 years old.

FF XIII gets talked about so much that it feel's ancient already. Theres always the guy when a new game comes out that asks this same dumb question rephrased that compares a 2+ year old game to a current one.

You mean to tell me these people just magically awaken out of a coma a week after a new game comes out?
---
It shall be engraved upon your soul - DivineAssault - NIBELUNG VALESTI !
YS :Oath In Felghana PSP- Greatest RPG Since Chrono Trigger PSN : KonnecT
#45SightoPosted 1/28/2013 8:09:39 PM
BloodyRaw posted...
You mean to tell me these people just magically awaken out of a coma a week after a new game comes out?

That's the only scenario you can come up with?
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#46JuanZoloPosted 1/28/2013 8:16:55 PM
I really liked FFXIII, but Ni No Kuni plays like the JRPG i've been waiting for all gen. Amazing game. I say go for Ni No Kuni.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#47BloodyRawPosted 1/28/2013 8:21:01 PM
Sighto posted...
BloodyRaw posted...

That's the only scenario you can come up with?

Living under a rock
Geico's caveman
Just got a job at kmart
Traded in his 360 with DBZ Kinect for a PS3
Stole the Delorean from the set of Back To The Future in 1985
Just got his tax return from unemployment
Came back from being deployed in the military
Just got an HD TV allowing him to read text in RPGS
---
It shall be engraved upon your soul - DivineAssault - NIBELUNG VALESTI !
YS :Oath In Felghana PSP- Greatest RPG Since Chrono Trigger PSN : KonnecT
#48theofficefan99Posted 1/28/2013 8:23:14 PM
Pleasantly surprised with the XIII praise/defending in this topic.

XIII is certainly not a bad game. In fact, it's a great one the first time through. It's just not a very replayable game thanks to the extreme linearity and restrictive nature of the game, and the terribly-written finale was a bad way to end what could have been a mostly strong story. Other than that and the terrible Snow/Hope arc, though, the game is great.

You should just get both. XIII is super cheap now, anyways.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#49fayehintoPosted 1/28/2013 8:23:23 PM
I like both games, I have beaten FFXIII. I like Ni No Kuni better.

Honestly I'd just get both. If your budget is low ATM and you just want to play something wait and get FF first.

Although, on the flip side FF will be and forever be EVERYWHERE. Ni No Kuni probably won't stay on the shelves as long and there probably won't be nearly as many used games for resale.
#50OmegaDL50Posted 1/28/2013 8:28:36 PM
Oh boy, this should be interesting, inb4 VanilleHopen.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.