This or FFXIII?

#51sonicster2002Posted 1/28/2013 8:29:42 PM
I'll be practical and suggest FFXIII. For $10 you're getting an enjoyable game and you'll have money left over for something else. I didn't find it anywhere near as bad as some have suggested (I really enjoyed it, albeit with a few gripes). Keep in mind some of the negativity, though. The game has a few kinks and knowing about them before hand could help in avoiding any nasty surprises.

With that being said, Ni no Kuni is my type of game. I absolutely love it and don't regret the money spent in the slightest. :) Get FFXIII now, play that for however long and then Ni no Kuni will hopefully be cheaper.
---
http://xkcd.com/386/
#52windu3390Posted 1/28/2013 8:33:59 PM
I found FFXIII to be ok but I really enjoyed XIII-2. I'd recommend playing through both of those and by the time you're done, Ni No Kuni will be cheaper. One thing I will say is that you mentioned being familiar with the FF series and I don't think the PS3 iterations really feel as "familiar" as the others. Still good games though.

If you want to know which game is the better of the two then NNK would get my vote but, like I said, all 3 games should be experienced IMO and from a money standpoint, playing them in order of their respective releases makes more sense to me.
#53bamf422Posted 1/28/2013 8:38:42 PM
ffxiii is garbage compared to the rest of them, i have beaten them all and have no intentions of ever playing it again. ni no kuni is a masterpiece, an instant classic worth every penny. i can not stop playing nnk even on my second playthrough.i know i will be playing it for years and my kids kids will be playing it like we do ffvii. whereas ffxiii i has to force myself to get through, is brings discrace t the ff series annd was a huge disappointment.
#54PrismsbladePosted 1/28/2013 8:46:34 PM
windu3390 posted...
I found FFXIII to be ok but I really enjoyed XIII-2. I'd recommend playing through both of those and by the time you're done, Ni No Kuni will be cheaper. One thing I will say is that you mentioned being familiar with the FF series and I don't think the PS3 iterations really feel as "familiar" as the others. Still good games though.

If you want to know which game is the better of the two then NNK would get my vote but, like I said, all 3 games should be experienced IMO and from a money standpoint, playing them in order of their respective releases makes more sense to me.

I played both,ff13s, and 13-2 is even worse, horrible plotholed filled story, awful characters, made worse that their the only two your forced to deal with, more questions raised then answered, all the lore from its prequel forgotten, some monster flat out break the game. But above all this, lol DLC endings.

But at least they improved the combat....a little.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#55LordClydePosted 1/28/2013 8:47:49 PM
I honestly would get neither... Rather, go for Xenoblade if you can.

If you insist.. go for Ni no Kuni.. FFXIII is horrific.
#56FoofyheadPosted 1/28/2013 9:16:33 PM
Yeah...you really should get both. I mean, 70 dollars for two games, or 60 for one game. This one's easy.
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#57IMRavnosPosted 1/28/2013 9:18:43 PM
kaonohiokala posted...
Sounds like a silly question at first considering how both games have been critically received, but here's what I have to consider:

-Pricing. I can get FFXIII for $10 while Ni No Kuni is $60. My spending money budget for the next two weeks or so is $150.
-Casual play. I used to be a hardcore gamer in the RPG department, but haven't seriously sat down and played in a while due to school & work. For the same reason, I'm not sure how much time I can actually dedicate to playing the game I choose.
-Familiarity. I've played and beaten FF 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, and 10. I've also gotten into 4, 7, and 12. Basically, I'm very familiar with the FF series and enjoy it a lot.

Based on your post, I suggest FFXIII and THEN Ni No Kuni. FFXIII has flaws, many flaws. However only an anti FF hater would pretend it's not worth $10.

However of you said FFXIII for $25 or NNK for $60 I would say NNK
#58OEIO999Posted 1/28/2013 9:22:43 PM(edited)
What in the---I don't even...

How is anyone in their right mind calling FFXIII a great game? And it's not just personal opinion being important, as a whole i thought it was agreed that game was a terrible representation of FF within the new gen platform. Now for all of NNK's flaws, kidaboo, it's still 10 times better than FFXIII
#59justdontaskPosted 1/28/2013 9:24:52 PM
id vote for FF13 if youve played other FFs... but as others have said, be warned, it starts off very linear, and hard to understand with the made up words to make the story, but it is a very good game for $10... once you get out of the linearity part of the game though, it opens up to a truly massive area with breathtaking scenery (although there are earlier parts that look better IMO) and monsters.... holy crap the monsters... theyre so... majestic... and ugly, like monsters.....

and the music is top notch... the violin solo in the battle theme is the cue for "this fight took too long" or "this is one helluva fight!" the chocobo theme is nice and upbeat, and they use a few songs as multiple tunes, with a few changes... Serah's theme plays as her theme in some scenes, it gets a lyrical version in chapter 5, and a drawn out version in chapter 11... the battle theme is also Lightning's theme(hence, "blinded by light"), but faster..
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#60the_requiemPosted 1/28/2013 9:25:04 PM
I'd say go for FFXIII first. By the time you finish it, NKN might be available for cheaper. FFXIII is not as bad as many made it out to be. I enjoyed it, except for a couple characters that made you scratch your head.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50