Nazcaan/English Translator - Easily decipher the symbols found in game.

#21YamarSPosted 1/29/2013 9:14:55 AMmessage detail
Very nice work!
#22kyton007Posted 1/29/2013 9:38:39 AMmessage detail
Kentoss posted...
I made this site so I could quickly translate those symbols you see throughout the game into English. Part of it involved making a new font for the symbols, so I've put everything I made up free for use by anyone. Simply type out the text you want to translate, and hit translate. If there are multiple possible translations, it will list them all. Enjoy!

http://www.shiftlimits.com/

If you find any problems logic or bug wise, please let me know and I'll fix them.

Sweet <3
+1
#23jungledeevaPosted 1/29/2013 9:41:15 AMmessage detail
Bookmarked, thanks TC!
---
Best Friend Tabitha's best friend.
My baby girl was born January 8th 2012!! She is amazing <3
#24_The_Blode_Posted 1/29/2013 10:11:35 AMmessage detail
You should also include the translation table on the website as well, just to have it be a bit more 'all inclusive'
---
-Official Lord of the Victorious Minjo Brotherhood-
That's great. You won't be playing SC2 beta on your Mac though. - MBorella
#25Kentoss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:00:53 AMmessage detail
Thanks guys, I'm glad you find it useful. I'm going to make a mobile version fairly soon so that you can just whip out your phone when you need it.

_The_Blode_ posted...
You should also include the translation table on the website as well, just to have it be a bit more 'all inclusive'

Okay, added
#26dawnbombPosted 1/29/2013 1:26:54 PMmessage detail
the_requiem posted...
Awesome work TC and congrats on sticky.

One suggestion: You could add a "virtual keyboard" with Nazcaan alphabets so that folks can do it without having to use the font. It is easier to click on images than to type a language on a keyboard not designed for that language. Just a suggestion.

oh he can release nazcaan keyboards, this is clearly the better and more profitable option
#27Kentoss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:36:39 PMmessage detail
the_requiem posted...
Awesome work TC and congrats on sticky.

One suggestion: You could add a "virtual keyboard" with Nazcaan alphabets so that folks can do it without having to use the font. It is easier to click on images than to type a language on a keyboard not designed for that language. Just a suggestion.

There is a virtual keyboard when you click on the text input. This is how it should look:

http://i.imgur.com/RFvPgAQ.png

If you don't see it, can you please let me know what browser and OS you're using so I can write a quick fix for it?
#28buddhafiedPosted 1/29/2013 2:57:53 PMmessage detail
This is honestly very NEATO!
---
~ Saving the world one video game at a time
Playing: FFXII; Ni no Kuni; eagerly waiting for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
#29AlphaLackeyPosted 1/29/2013 3:56:02 PMmessage detail
Minor beef: it forces consecutive U/V symbols to be W. I guess the Nšaczan didn't have a word for "uvula" ;)
#30Kentoss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:19:45 PMmessage detail
AlphaLackey posted...
Minor beef: it forces consecutive U/V symbols to be W. I guess the Nšaczan didn't have a word for "uvula" ;)

haha I'm fairly certain that two U/V symbols will always be W, but I suppose I can make it consider them as just two symbols as a possible translation