Nazcaan/English Translator - Easily decipher the symbols found in game.

#31smerrill83Posted 1/29/2013 8:39:15 PMmessage detail
This is sexy
#32AlphaLackeyPosted 1/29/2013 9:23:55 PMmessage detail
Kentoss posted...
AlphaLackey posted...
Minor beef: it forces consecutive U/V symbols to be W. I guess the Nšaczan didn't have a word for "uvula" ;)

haha I'm fairly certain that two U/V symbols will always be W, but I suppose I can make it consider them as just two symbols as a possible translation

Eh I just checked the Scrabble word list and there are no VUV words, and the only ones with UVU are all forms of "uvula" so we can chalk it up to the Nšazcan's having exceptionally healthy oral hygiene. Call it part of their oral tradition ;) if you will, so I think it will be fine without wasting your time on it.

Sorry, I can't help it, I just like breaking systems.
#33Koolnerd12Posted 1/29/2013 10:03:51 PMmessage detail
Excellent work, I'm liking the real life wizard skills with the computer engineering
#34MazarakiPosted 1/29/2013 11:57:40 PMmessage detail
if you look at the back cover of the instruction manual that came with the game it has all this on there also
#35Shiek_2002Posted 1/30/2013 12:52:32 AMmessage detail
Ha, that's a pretty neat tool. Thanks.
---
PSN - Homey_Christ
#36zombiexdeathxPosted 1/30/2013 1:13:23 AMmessage detail
Wow thats some dedication

This ought to be useful
---
I AM ABOMINATION
#37Kentoss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:40:17 PMmessage detail
Just updated the website with a mobile web-based app so you can use the tool much easier on a smartphone. I tested on iPhone 4, but my SGS3 is currently in for repair so I haven't tested it on a large-screen android device yet.

If you have any problems with the mobile version please let me know so I can fix them.
#38o0achilles0oPosted 1/31/2013 8:28:37 AMmessage detail
Kentoss posted...
Just updated the website with a mobile web-based app so you can use the tool much easier on a smartphone. I tested on iPhone 4, but my SGS3 is currently in for repair so I haven't tested it on a large-screen android device yet.

If you have any problems with the mobile version please let me know so I can fix them.

Awesome work on this, but it's not working right on my iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1. I try switching to Nazcašn > English and then tapping in the input box, and the Nazcašn alphabet never shows up.
#39Kentoss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:42:17 AMmessage detail
o0achilles0o posted...
Kentoss posted...

Awesome work on this, but it's not working right on my iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1. I try switching to Nazcašn > English and then tapping in the input box, and the Nazcašn alphabet never shows up.

Hmm, what happens exactly? Does the bar highlight or does the screen stay the same? Also, try refreshing, see if that will restore the keyboard. I tried to make it as responsive as possible by reducing touch lag, but there's only so much I can do. :s I don't have a developer account with Apple any more so I can't make a native app without paying $90.
#40nice one TrevPosted 1/31/2013 9:38:05 AMmessage detail
Nice. Kudos.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/327759.png?69347810