PC version petition

#251Sylus2015Posted 1/29/2013 5:50:27 PM
snip

How on earth did you quote my post in an effort to refute it only to prove it further?

Your issue is that you really aren't understanding what I'm saying:
Am I saying that it is cheaper to purchase games on consoles than PCs? No. I am not.
Am I saying that over time and with proper discounts/sales you can find comparable prices to PC titles? Yeah, but that's not the point.

What I'm saying is (and I'll bold it for you, so pay extra special attention) there are too many variables involved in not just the pricing of games but the frequency in which different people purchase games to provide irrefutable proof that PC gaming will actually save everyone money over time. Just because you saved money in your ventures (which I have no doubt you did with that many games) doesn't mean everyone will.

For example, my parents bought a PS3 at $300 however many years ago it was at this point. They've bought a total of maybe 7 games. Even if they paid a whole $60 for each title (and they didn't), that puts them at a net spent of $720 before taxes on gaming. Even if you bought the exact same games with a 100% discount, they've still probably spent less than you. Would you still recommend a gaming PC to these kinds of consumers? I'll also let you take a stab at which kind of consumers are the majority of the console-owning market (hint: it's not the people with over 100 titles sitting on their shelves).

Is it making sense to you now? I'm not talking about the price of games in themselves. I'm talking about the price of the platform plus the price of the games. And in that scenario, there are, as I've said ad nauseam, too many variables involved to claim that PC gaming is a cheaper alternative for everyone. Especially when people can resell physical copies of console games to be recompensed.

And I will continue to ignore your request for the DmC discount because you fail to realize that one game having a discount neither proves nor disproves that such sales have existed for other games (merely that this one game had such a sale), because I don't feel like digging through the trash for the ad, and also because it's fun watching you cling to it like it's the proverbial nail in a coffin that doesn't exist.

I nailed it right, though:
as long as we're behind these screens, we're both insufferable and self-important and cannot be told we're wrong no matter what.

---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#252P00DGEPosted 1/29/2013 5:52:55 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
P00DGE posted...
Also, to curb some of the questions people have been asking about "why are you on this board", you must realize... this topic is on the front page of gamefaqs right now. For being a popular topic. That means people outside of the game's fandom will enter this topic to see what all the fuss is. I think this game looks interesting, but I was not ever really WANTING it. There are PS3 games I would like to play, but not enough to buy the whole damn console since it would never get used again.

I see. Still, I find it pretty ridiculous that people are coming in here to talk about something that's totally far off topic from the Ni no Kuni -> PC discussion.

I haven't been reading every post. But what I have been posting is in relation to the topic at hand. Not sure who you are referring to.

I honestly don't care if this game is ported over to the PC or not. My interest in much in this game, but in the topic of PC ports in general, and the overall defense of PC gaming as a whole. I don't think I, or my hobby, is better than anyone else's, but I do feel that there is alot of ignorance being spread about the nature of PC gaming.
#253LeanaunfurledPosted 1/29/2013 5:54:17 PM
but I do feel that there is alot of ignorance being spread about the nature of PC gaming.

I agree with what you said, but to be fair, a lot of PC gamers act very superior and holier-than-thou about their game system of choice.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0k75L.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dPMIr.gif
#254Storm83Posted 1/29/2013 5:57:08 PM
Im all set with blood mods, breast mods for females and Dragon armor which will come from porting it to PC...Although 1080p native res would look cool and maybe a Link suit for Oliver would also look cool ( =

Im just playing. For real though Im totally content on it being a PS3 exclusive. It kind of gives it an extra charm if you know what I mean. Also, if you PC players want it that bad then just go ahead already and start up a petition. No one is stopping you and you have every right to ask for it. Again, Im personally ok with it being just a PS3 exclusive and would not be a hater if it did or didnt come to PC.
#255P00DGEPosted 1/29/2013 5:57:29 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
but I do feel that there is alot of ignorance being spread about the nature of PC gaming.

I agree with what you said, but to be fair, a lot of PC gamers act very superior and holier-than-thou about their game system of choice.

Of course. There isn't a line in the sand on which idiots stand on one side and rational people stand on the other. Both sides have them. But for every "holier-than-thou" PC gamer there is, there is a PC bashing kid as well. We would all be better with out either.
#256OmegaDL50Posted 1/29/2013 6:00:27 PM
KainFourteh posted...
Should not ever go to PC. People who think it should are morons.

I expect this mentality from single console owners, that refuse to buy another platform and this is a fine example of what is wrong with gaming in general.

If I want something I buy it. It's about the games and everything else is secondary.

Those that covet exclusives and often shun everyone else out with this attitude that a game should be on a specific platform and given to no one else pretty much reveal themselves to be little more the close minded corporate drones.

This is the sort of person that made a massive issue because DMC4 was ported to the 360, when initially planned to be an "exclusive" to the PS3. See it wasn't about whether DMC4 being a quality release for people to enjoy, no it was about wanting that shiny exclusive to stroke the ego to justify the hardware "they picked" was the chosen one.

Know that I'm not saying you are one of these types of people, but having been on these forums for over 10 years, I know just on experience alone to spot these sorts of people generally on posts like the one you made, and I hope this isn't the case for you.

Basically making it all about the hardware picked, and not the games they buy.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#257Aoshi_KnivesPosted 1/29/2013 6:10:03 PM
PC "gaming" is still around?
#258SilentHawk29Posted 1/29/2013 6:10:19 PM
there are too many variables involved in not just the pricing of games but the frequency in which different people purchase games to provide irrefutable proof that PC gaming will actually save everyone money over time.

Uh... Lol? No one is going to build a high-end gaming rig for 5 games. You don't have to build a high-end gaming rig for 5 games. You can build one for $400 and hook it up to the TV since chances are, you won't spend money on a monitor. Then you can run all the new games at the same settings as the consoles do.

For example, my parents bought a PS3 at $300 however many years ago it was at this point. They've bought a total of maybe 7 games. Even if they paid a whole $60 for each title (and they didn't), that puts them at a net spent of $720 before taxes on gaming. Even if you bought the exact same games with a 100% discount, they've still probably spent less than you. Would you still recommend a gaming PC to these kinds of consumers? I'll also let you take a stab at which kind of consumers are the majority of the console-owning market (hint: it's not the people with over 100 titles sitting on their shelves).

I thought you said you were a PC gamer? You can build gaming rigs for $700... That's already $20 cheaper. You could probably even build a pretty good rig at $600. That's a $120 difference.

I'm talking about the price of the platform plus the price of the games.

Yes, so am I. If you're buying a console for 3 games and only 3 games, that's quite a fortune. You can build a computer for the same price you spent on said console and 3 games, grab a bunch of humble indie packs for $1 each, and use your computer for other things aside from games.

And I will continue to ignore your request for the DmC discount because you fail to realize that one game having a discount neither proves nor disproves that such sales have existed for other games (merely that this one game had such a sale), because I don't feel like digging through the trash for the ad, and also because it's fun watching you cling to it like it's the proverbial nail in a coffin that doesn't exist.

Actually, I'm curious as to where you found such a discount because I have a PS3 and am wondering where I can score such discounts in the future.

as long as we're behind these screens, we're both insufferable and self-important and cannot be told we're wrong no matter what.

I can admit when I'm wrong, and have done so on many occasions. This isn't one of those times, though.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#259king_maddenPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:11 PM
for me its just the whole ease of use and about comfort.

playing on my couch and bed is much more comfortable for me. I have my gaming pc in my room on a desk in the corner, and my ps3 on the big screen. pc will never be main gaming device though, I really only like RTS and point and click games on pc, its also missing a lot of exclusives that i like, and comfort wins over "prettier graphics' any day of the week.
#260LeanaunfurledPosted 1/29/2013 6:23:14 PM
Am I the only one that chooses their gaming system purely for its exclusive library? I assume that's the most important part, anyway. PS3 has a great controller and Blu-Ray, Wii has some cool motion control if done well and optional (for most games), PC has KB/M and has mods and can be upgraded and used for other crap as well, among others. But all of those, including handhelds, have their own amazing set of games you can play that others won't, and that's why I still play hours and hours of PS3 even though I also have a high-end PC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcGe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Hkndg.gif