PC version petition

#281P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 12:25:12 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
I saved for my PC. I would rather spend my disposable income on a trip to Disneyland or something than a console I would only buy for about 2 games. Disposable income =/= spending money on frivolous things

A gaming PC is a far more frivolous purchase than a gaming console.

Perspective. I view gaming PC's as the only way to game, while consoles are useless. I would not consider gaming on a console, therefor a gaming PC is not a frivolous purchase. Frivolous = spending money on useless things you don't really need. Seeing as I would NEVER use a console if I bought one (even if I didn't have a PC), that makes it far more useless to me.
#282P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 12:27:17 PM
Gaboado posted...
PC games suck since most are lame ports.

How so?

PC gets many multiplatform games. Is Bioshock or Arkham Asylum a port on the 360 or PS3 as well? No, it is just another version. And many of the best games available on the PC are ACTUALLY ported to consoles. See: all of Valves games.
#283Pereb27Posted 1/30/2013 12:29:13 PM
P00DGE posted...
Thanatos2k posted...
I saved for my PC. I would rather spend my disposable income on a trip to Disneyland or something than a console I would only buy for about 2 games. Disposable income =/= spending money on frivolous things

Perspective. I view gaming PC's as the only way to game, while consoles are useless. I would not consider gaming on a console, therefor a gaming PC is not a frivolous purchase. Frivolous = spending money on useless things you don't really need. Seeing as I would NEVER use a console if I bought one (even if I didn't have a PC), that makes it far more useless to me.

While I can understand why you prefer PC (the reason I have consoles is for their exclusives), that's kind of an extreme view. xD
#284P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 12:32:44 PM
Pereb27 posted...
P00DGE posted...
Thanatos2k posted...

While I can understand why you prefer PC (the reason I have consoles is for their exclusives), that's kind of an extreme view. xD

It is taste. I just don't have fun playing on consoles. Same as I don't like the taste of meatloaf.
#285Pereb27Posted 1/30/2013 12:34:04 PM
P00DGE posted...
It is taste. I just don't have fun playing on consoles. Same as I don't like the taste of meatloaf.

That's understandable, I think PCs are great, but if I refused to play on consoles, I would miss out on many great games.
#286P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 12:36:54 PM
Pereb27 posted...
P00DGE posted...

That's understandable, I think PCs are great, but if I refused to play on consoles, I would miss out on many great games.

There are a few games exclusive to consoles I would like to play, but such a small number that, combined with my preference for gaming on the PC, it would not justify the purchase of a console. It would be an expenditure too great for the time I would put into using it. I will make do with not playing those games at all unless they are ported over (or find their way onto emulators in the future)
#287-FryShakeWad-Posted 1/30/2013 12:45:30 PM
P00DGE posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...
Fez_Watley posted...
I used to be one of these anti-pc console fanboys until i bought a gaming pc in 2011. Never looked back and my 360 and wii have been in storage since and the ps3 only gets used for the rare console exclusive that looks interesting. I always thought the pc fanboys were the worst, but now having both i can really see how immature and foolish these console guys look, it's really bad guys.

So have fun spending $2000+ in a year when your comp can't meet most games requirements. I have a decent PC and its just a hassle to game on imo

You have just admitted to knowing nothing about the real costs of PC gaming. I spent 800 dollars on a high end computer 2 years ago and it is STILL maxing every single game I throw at it. And it will continue to do so for at least another 2 years. The ONLY hassle involved was building it, and I actually found that to be fun. But it would be a chore for many console players I am sure.

It is a false MYTH spread by ignorant console fanboys that PC's need yearly upgrades and thousands of dollars to be game capable.

I still hold to my idea that ANY computer needs upgrading after about 3 years. I know plenty about PC's and most gamers would agree that you must upgrade. Add that on to the cost of the rig you have and its far more costly than just having a console. To add to the frustration you need to worry about memory, gfx cards, drivers, OS and virus/bugs/hardware problems.
#288-FryShakeWad-Posted 1/30/2013 12:49:18 PM
Back on topic..... How is the petition coming? For all the anger in this topic I would expect many angry letters have been sent to Bandi/Lvl 5.
#289SilentHawk29Posted 1/30/2013 12:56:53 PM
I still hold to my idea

Right. You're not using facts. You don't know "plenty about PC's," which is very apparent by your posts.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#290king_maddenPosted 1/30/2013 1:10:14 PM
if you want the strongest thing out there it will cost you quite a bit, if you just want something a little stronger than consoles, it wont cost as much but it would still probably be close to 2 times the cost of a console.

The way Ive always viewed it though, I dont want a gaming pc unless its the best thing running, why pay extra money just for a little better than console. view the game the way devs wanted it to be viewed and played. Gonna cost you though.