PC version petition

#31ArCanaxPosted 1/28/2013 10:27:41 PM
mrabah4 posted...
Dark Souls was a great port. It played exactly like the PS3 version, even down to some of the glitches in the PS3 version. Was GFWL a bad move? yes. Could they have upped the resolution and enhanced the game to take advantage of PC? yes. but as a port, it was great.

Also, any game that is in the top 10 on steam is not selling 10K. Not with a digital distribution system that controls more than 70 percent market share and has millions of registered users. It must have sold at least 100K and continues to sell. That's nothing to sneeze about.

It's too bad some of you can't really see the utility of having this game widely distributed on other platforms. PC is the logical next step. PC gaming is, after all, the future.

If anything, handhelds and tablets are the future of gaming. Even Square Enix starts making social games for cellphones

You need to understand, just because there are a lot of PC gamers (potential market) doesn't mean that the demand for console style JRPG will be a lot too.
Square had tried to do that before with Final Fantasy VII, VIII and Last Remnant, Ubisoft with Grandia 2. All didn't sell that well.
Besides, those who want to play JRPG are more likely to have at least one console and or handheld for that

Dark Souls is a dungeon crawling RPG, a genre that's already established in PC, so it's not that surprising for it to thrive in PC market.
#32Zwei79Posted 1/28/2013 10:30:29 PM
Naw its fine just on ps3 only
---
~ keep it cool ~
#33BurgerTime79Posted 1/28/2013 10:36:21 PM
I know this might come as a shocker to some people, but not every game is going to be released on the system you own, and you can't always have what you want.
It's bad enough that people see a Wii title that interests them, then cry that it's on the Wii.
The DS gets a game that interests them. Oh noes! Why isn't it on <system of choice here>?
What? The PSP got a game I want? Now I can't claim the system has nothing on it! I have to bring up on the boards that the company doesn't want my money or was too lazy to make a version for the system I own!

...yeah, it's become old and tiring to see these complaints over and over again.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#34ArsenicSteelPosted 1/28/2013 10:39:28 PM
ArCanax posted...
If anything, handhelds and tablets are the future of gaming

Gaming on handhelds and tablets have a future but are not the future in gaming and have more limitations to them than consoles.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#35ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/28/2013 10:41:21 PM
Future of 'casual' gaming maybe. :/
#36UFE9999Posted 1/28/2013 10:45:58 PM
If you have enough money to get a decent gaming PC, surely, you can save a bit to get a PS3. They're so cheap now compared to when they first came out. The price in Canada just dropped to $180 for the 2nd gen/slim with a 160GB HDD, and our prices are usually a rip off compared to the US and elsewhere... well, maybe not Europe.
---

UFE
#37OmegaDL50Posted 1/28/2013 10:46:59 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...

Well I wouldn't necessarily say that. I mean when you consider titles such as Dragon Quest IX, Radiant Historia, Etrian Oddysey, Golden Sun, Lunar Knights / Boktai, Nolstagia, Hexys Force, SMT - Devil Survivor and Strange Journey.

The collection of RPGs available to handhelds and their content is anything BUT casual.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#38NemhyPosted 1/28/2013 10:48:43 PM
Will never happen, go make a petition that companies will actually care about.... if such a one exists
#39OmegaDL50Posted 1/28/2013 10:55:21 PM
Nemhy posted...
Will never happen, go make a petition that companies will actually care about.... if such a one exists

I'm quite sure Xenoblade and The Last Story would have never been released in the US if it were not for the efforts of Operation Rainfall.

The fact that Nintendo EU to take matters into their own hands and for NOA to sit on their ass waiting for the reception in EU to even consider localizing them is pretty much telling in itself.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#40ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/28/2013 10:57:20 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
ZEOPOWER6 posted...

Well I wouldn't necessarily say that. I mean when you consider titles such as Dragon Quest IX, Radiant Historia, Etrian Oddysey, Golden Sun, Lunar Knights / Boktai, Nolstagia, Hexys Force, SMT - Devil Survivor and Strange Journey.

The collection of RPGs available to handhelds and their content is anything BUT casual.

Aren't those all on Nintendo handhelds? What about tablets which were mentioned?

Anyway, whatever.