PC version petition

#301P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 4:44:09 PM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...
I still hold to my idea

Right. You're not using facts. You don't know "plenty about PC's," which is very apparent by your posts.

So you are using facts? Im going by what I see and hear in life. Also an idea can = fact. your going off your idea thinking i know nothing about PC's .

Seriously tho how goes the petition?

Facts are facts though. 2 years later, and I am still maxing everything I can through at my PC, and I only spent 800 on the PC itself back then. This is a fact.

Yes, it is more expensive. I pay for better quality. The result is worth the price, and the lower cost of most games helps offset that higher cost for the PC.
#302P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 4:48:47 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
The word you're looking for is "elitist"

I just don't have fun playing on consoles.

If you are UNABLE to have fun playing a video game on a console, there is something seriously wrong with you. Perspective, indeed.

I feel sorry for that person. Sure you can emulate, but how far into the future until there's a PS3 emulator that actually works? So they're missing out on Final Fantasy, Uncharted, God of War, Tales of, Last of Us, LittleBiGPlanet, inFamous, Warhawk, etc. etc. 'Tis a shame, in my point of view. I love my Sony consoles, and Nintendo, though Nintendo doesn't qualify for my reasoning.

Not liking something does not make me an elitist. I would be an elitist if I was putting you guys down for enjoying something i don't enjoy. Plenty of people enjoy consoles, and good on them, I say. I may not, but I don't think less of those that do, not of consoles themselves.

Also, of all those games you listed, the only one I have any interest in are Last of Us. I have never enjoyed Final Fantasy games, LBP bored me to death when i played it at a friend's house, and the general genre of God of War doesn't appeal to me.

It will be a while before there is a PS3 emulator, yes. But I am not going to go buy a whole console just for 2 or 3 games that I would beat in 10 hours and never touch again.
#303LeanaunfurledPosted 1/30/2013 4:52:04 PM
It will be a while before there is a PS3 emulator, yes. But I am not going to go buy a whole console just for 2 or 3 games that I would beat in 10 hours and never touch again.

that's my logic for the Xbox/360, so I don't think you should be faulted for that. It's just not a very good investment, imo. Some people buy a console/handheld just for one game. It's their money, so no one but them should really care, but I'd never do that, personally, unless said console was dirt cheap. Like under $100 cheap.

I guess this comment of your's - "I view gaming PC's as the only way to game, while consoles are useless." - came off the wrong way.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0k75L.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dPMIr.gif
#304Thanatos2kPosted 1/30/2013 4:54:16 PM
Not liking something does not make me an elitist. I would be an elitist if I was putting you guys down for enjoying something i don't enjoy. Plenty of people enjoy consoles, and good on them, I say. I may not, but I don't think less of those that do, not of consoles themselves.

Also, of all those games you listed, the only one I have any interest in are Last of Us. I have never enjoyed Final Fantasy games, LBP bored me to death when i played it at a friend's house, and the general genre of God of War doesn't appeal to me.

There are hundreds of JRPGs available on consoles that aren't on PC, so you're obviously not a JRPG fan. I could probably count on one hand the number of quality PC ports of JRPGs.

Yet you want this game? Why?
---
-Thanatos2k-
#305LeanaunfurledPosted 1/30/2013 4:57:35 PM
There are hundreds of JRPGs available on consoles that aren't on PC, so you're obviously not a JRPG fan. I could probably count on one hand the number of quality PC ports of JRPGs.

I believe he was the person who found this topic on GameFAQ's homepage, since this topic was on there, and was about PCs, so he was curious.
---
http://i.imgur.com/LF2O7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/WoISA.gif
#306P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 6:49:41 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...

that's my logic for the Xbox/360, so I don't think you should be faulted for that. It's just not a very good investment, imo. Some people buy a console/handheld just for one game. It's their money, so no one but them should really care, but I'd never do that, personally, unless said console was dirt cheap. Like under $100 cheap.

I guess this comment of your's - "I view gaming PC's as the only way to game, while consoles are useless." - came off the wrong way.

Yes that comment was worded wrong. It was not a general statement about console gaming, it was my personal tastes regarding console gaming. Consoles aren't "useless", they just don't have any use for ME. Just like PC gaming would be useless to many people.
#307P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 6:53:48 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...

I believe he was the person who found this topic on GameFAQ's homepage, since this topic was on there, and was about PCs, so he was curious.

Indeed. I never said I want this game, I found this topic on the homepage because it was getting alot of attention. I like JRPGs to an extent, but I am not a fan or anything. I could play one and enjoy one, and have done so in the past, I just don't go out of my way to ever get them. I did read the reviews of this game and it looks quite good. I would probably check it out if I already owned a PS3 or it was ported to the PC, but I would not go and purchase a PS3 just for this game and a couple other exclusives that look intriguing to me though.
#308Thanatos2kPosted 1/30/2013 9:18:10 PM
Oh, so trolling then. Got it.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#309P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 10:05:31 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
Oh, so trolling then. Got it.

Me? If so, how?
#310GobHoblin47Posted 1/30/2013 10:19:24 PM
I am a gamer of all types, and wish this was on PC. I have owned every system since SNES, including 8 Xbox 360s (they all had to be refurbished for one reason or another,) and am on my second PS3. I also build PCs for a living. My first PS3 was an original; Good HDD, installed all my games in just a few minutes, never gave me a single problem and I used it extensively for my Blu Rays. I ended up selling it because I got a slim ps3 with my Sony tv and I didn't need the backwards compatibility since my FF7 and 8 got stolen a few months prior. Huge mistake. The slim PS3 has been a nightmare! It takes me HOURS to install games that say will only take 10 minutes (Ni no Kuni took 2 hours,) the PS3 menu takes a while to load, and loading screens in all my games take 5 times longer than with my old PS3. Ni no Kuni however is the only game that stutters during gameplay and videos, AND IT DOES IT EVERY 5 SECONDS. It is unplayable because I'm missing small bits of dialog and generally being frustrated hearing the music skip every couple of seconds. Sony won't replace the HDD in my PS3 (which is what I believe to be the culprit,) and want me to do this out of my own pocket. I just paid $64 for this game (gonna have to take it back) and I'm not throwing down another $80 for a HDD out of my own pocket just to make this ONE game work. I'm a huge JRPG fan and this looks amazing, so I really hope it gets released on other platforms. BTW HDD problems in slim PS3s are as common as RRoD in old 360s, so don't act like my problem is localized.