PC version petition

#51Devil_wings00Posted 1/29/2013 12:54:47 AM
Ya not going to happen lol I can name the amount of JRPG's on the PC that were also available on the console on one hand and all but one isn't from the 90's ;p That and level 5 hasn't done this in the past so I really don't see why they would now. Also Dark Souls wasn't an exclusive to any one console, it was a multi-platform on the ps3/360. I'm sure Sony pays to have the people develop exclusive stuff for there machine. So ya petitioning will do nothing.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#52P00DGEPosted 1/29/2013 1:09:23 AM
Foofyhead posted...
Nobody plays PC games.

Dumbest thing I have read all day.

Ah hell, all week. You earned it kiddo.
#53RagnawindPosted 1/29/2013 1:21:55 AM
I'd mention several Japanese developed titles being released on the PC platform such as Dark Souls, Ys, The Last Remnant and such. Of course these games generally have far more precence on Console platforms, as for the issue of the game being heavily pirated is misnomer considering the fact there ARE people with custom firmware on the PS3 that do in fact pirate PS3 titles.

As for the statement saying it'll never sell on PC, I don't think it's necessary for me to bring up Steam sales reports which are based on revenue generated and not units sold. Of course some generally don't want to acknowledge this and still have the misconception and ignorance that PC gaming is not profitable.

Of course there are the individuals that simply want their shiny exclusive which having a multiplatform release would effect them. I mean it's not like most of the fanbase are shareholders that have a stake in it, they more often then not don't want a game to get ported out of selfish desire.

Then there is also the matter that Level-5 have never released a game on the PC Platform...then again neither did From Software prior to Dark Souls.

Realistically, it's not likely to happen, however nice it would be for the game to reach a large audience.

The real problem is not how well it would sell on another system. It is the fact the systems need exclusives in order to have more competition in the market. The PC has a big enough market as it is, also. It would only really be safe for competition if no ports were to the PC until after the original system the game was released on is no longer supported. With exclusives to drive competition, the entire industry would crumble, including on the PC and other not dedicated gaming devices..
#54ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/29/2013 1:30:51 AM(edited)
P00DGE posted...
Foofyhead posted...
Nobody plays PC games.

It's pretty true in Japan. The PC market in Japan is basically Falcom and doujin (indie) games or eroge aka erotic games... though even Falcom is going to the console/portable market.

as for the issue of the game being heavily pirated is misnomer considering the fact there ARE people with custom firmware on the PS3 that do in fact pirate PS3 titles.

While it's possible to pirate on the PS3, it's much more trouble to do so imo than for the PC.

Omega, I think some of your information is off since the companies that released you listed actually have delved into PC/Windows versions of games several times, specifically From Software which seems to have two other games besides Dark Souls on PC.
#55FoofyheadPosted 1/29/2013 3:31:43 AM
P00DGE posted...
Foofyhead posted...
Nobody plays PC games.

Is that you, grandfather? Because your ideas are as old as PC gaming.
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#56PirateMoePosted 1/29/2013 3:39:19 AM
mrabah4 posted...
like Dark Souls, I think Namco should seriously consider releasing this on PC.

Namco wouldn't be the company making that decision, though, so they can consider it all they like.
#57noz3r0Posted 1/29/2013 3:47:13 AM
Foofyhead posted...
Nobody plays PC games.

A lot of people play PC games. It's why I write almost exclusively for PC games. This game is meant for PS3 though.

Do not port.
---
Currently Writing for: Ni no Kuni
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#58FoofyheadPosted 1/29/2013 3:48:58 AM
You're absolutely right.
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#59kupo1705Posted 1/29/2013 3:55:26 AM
I almost play exclusively on the PC.
Only when there's a console exclusive I want to play (such as NNK) do I play on the PS3.

That said, I don't know if there's a big enough audience for it on the PC.
Dark Souls is a completely different game.
#60badboyPosted 1/29/2013 4:22:32 AM
Are you serious? Not that I don't want to play this on PC, but this is extremely unlikely.