Slayn posted...
MidgardDragon99 posted...
Foofyhead posted...
P00DGE posted...
Foofyhead posted...
Nobody plays PC games.

Dumbest thing I have read all day.

Ah hell, all week. You earned it kiddo.

Is that you, grandfather? Because your ideas are as old as PC gaming.

Plenty of people play PC games so stop making a jerk of yourself. The problem with PC gaming in general is the majority of PC gamers are elitist a-holes who ruin it for everyone else.

Kind of ironic, considering all the people acting like elitist jerks on this topic. I haven't heard too many good reasons for no, most of them are "this belongs on ps3" LMAO what does that even mean? It just sounds like you want the game to be on your own special system. I own PC and PS3, I would rather it be on PS3 just for superior graphics. Hell, I would even use a PS3 controller on it.

Did you mean to say PC there? And as great as it would be to be available on PC, I'm not sure a lot of people would get it on that platform. Probably not enough to recuperate the costs of porting it. I'd rather they spend the money and time on a new project.
---
Now I'm motivated!
#72SlaynPosted 1/29/2013 7:42:57 AM
Ninja edit there, yes. : P And your argument makes sense, the PC isn't really known as a JRPG platform. It is true that Dark Souls has been ported, but it is more of an action-rpg than a straight traditional type of JRPG. At least your argument makes sense, different from the slew of people saying "it belongs on ps3" with no rhyme or reason.

Now for the actual topic at hand, how do you all know that Level 5 would be porting over the game and not the publisher? I believe the port from Xbox 360 to PC for Dark Souls was done by Namco/Bandai, not From Software ( the actual developers ). How do you know that Namco/Bandai would not simply port the game over themselves, leaving Level 5 free to develop what they wish?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#73NightsOwlPosted 1/29/2013 8:03:10 AM
Love the mentality for PC gamers.

"I WANT DAT CONSUL EXCRUSIVE POURT IT TO PC I TOO DUHUHDURHURRHRURHRU TO BUY PEEESTREE"
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#74legaiapPosted 1/29/2013 8:06:58 AM
Omegatron_ posted...
Foofyhead posted...
Nobody plays PC games.

Nobody pays for PC games. [FIXED]

This. They'll just pirate the heck out of it. it will sell like 5 copies on steam and that's it.
#75BeerOnTapPosted 1/29/2013 8:10:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#76Unbridled9Posted 1/29/2013 8:10:57 AM
I'd sign. I'd love to play this but don't have a PS3.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#77SlaynPosted 1/29/2013 8:15:07 AM
NightsOwl posted...

"I WANT DAT CONSUL EXCRUSIVE POURT IT TO PC I TOO DUHUHDURHURRHRURHRU TO BUY PEEESTREE"

Love the mentality for PS3 users.

"It belongs on PS3".

Yeah that makes complete sense.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#78Pawkie07Posted 1/29/2013 8:37:46 AM
Console Master Race
#79SilentHawk29Posted 1/29/2013 8:51:20 AM(edited)
As much as I'd like it for PC, this game gave me a reason to turn my PS3 on, lol. Kinda glad I did, because I didn't know Megaman 10 was free for PS+ which I got with my Vita.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but this happens way more often in regards to 360 games or PC games for the PS3. Any new exclusive not on the PS3, someone insists on whining about it on this board.

Edit: By this board, I mean the PS3 console board.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#80DarthSchubertPosted 1/29/2013 8:57:09 AM
I don't own a PS3. I would LOVE to play this game on my PC, and I'd take a no-frills port to do it. The real question is if it makes business sense.

If they sold 50K copies of the game at $50 a pop, that's 2.5million USD. But then keep in mind they'll lose 20-25% of that to the 'retailers' (most likely steam). That's down to ~2million USD. Maybe they can get another .5 million off of digital sales.

So, is it worth it to make a port for $2,500,000? I don't know - no idea what it costs. My guess is it could be done, considering people build emulators in their spare time for no profit.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."