The Merit Stamp awards are really underwhelming.

#11rush86Posted 1/29/2013 2:40:37 AM
Muflaggin posted...
They hardly make a noticeable difference. Makes it rather pointless to even have them in the game. They don't work nearly as well as they should.

Stop whining
#12EgHeadFoolPosted 1/29/2013 2:42:56 AM
1) Nobody said crimson-falcon posted...
fasten boat wont make the game easier

20% drop rate wont also make the games easier

20% EXP might do

but 100+ HP & MP might make the game a cakewalk so i will not get it until i kill the secret boss

im trying to make the fights challenging not to make it easier

Okay... well 1) nobody said the criteria for a useful reward was "make the game easier" and 2) it depends how you define "easier" and what your objective is.

If you want to synthesize better items/gear/weapons? Increased drop rate will make it easier. Which will in turn make you stronger in battle and make the game easier. If you're trying to avoid pointless battles in the ship, that will make it easier and faster to get from place to place.

Like... I don't even know if you have a point. Good for you? Don't get rewards you don't want? You're only helping my case which is that the rewards aren't pointless.
#13Muflaggin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:45:46 AM
dont expect something that break the game except oliver full potential

doubling HP & MP as i heard

Isn't it an extra 100 HP/MP? If it was double that'd actually be worth it.

It's a small incentive over the rewards from sidequests, hunts and errands..

Ah... complaining about the simple things...

Why have it then if they really don't contribute much? It's just fluff like a lot of the game is.

Just because you don't notice doesn't mean it doesn't make a difference. Aside from the ones that obviously do (+100 HP and MP, reduced casting cost for all spells, etc) a lot of them are working behind the scenes. +10% experience? Yes please. 20% increase in drop rate for regular and rare items? 20% increase in tame rates? Yes please. The boat speed upgrade make you able to outrun water enemies, which was not possible before. More orb drops in battle might make more of a difference than you think, though auto-collecting them not as much.

I think it's kinda foolish to complain considering that it's on top of the regular rewards already, and many of them really do make a difference. Just because the game isn't waving a flag in your face telling you an effect is active doesn't mean it's not there.

I have the two EXP merit awards and the difference is negligible. The movement speed one...does it even do anything? Jumping? Really? Haven't noticed any more items dropping then normal either.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#14Muflaggin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:46:23 AM
Muflaggin posted...
They hardly make a noticeable difference. Makes it rather pointless to even have them in the game. They don't work nearly as well as they should.

Stop whining

I'm sorry the truth bothered you so much.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#15crimson-falconPosted 1/29/2013 2:48:06 AM
EgHeadFool posted...
1) Nobody said crimson-falcon posted...

20% drop rate wont also make the games easier

20% EXP might do

but 100+ HP & MP might make the game a cakewalk so i will not get it until i kill the secret boss

Okay... well 1) nobody said the criteria for a useful reward was "make the game easier" and 2) it depends how you define "easier" and what your objective is.

If you want to synthesize better items/gear/weapons? Increased drop rate will make it easier. Which will in turn make you stronger in battle and make the game easier. If you're trying to avoid pointless battles in the ship, that will make it easier and faster to get from place to place.

Like... I don't even know if you have a point. Good for you? Don't get rewards you don't want? You're only helping my case which is that the rewards aren't pointless.

its not pointless yeah im not saying no but i want challenge

about drop rates and rare drops you are right but since i gotten cauldron i havent used it just used to create errands items or jumbo drops

those who like to make progressing easier can go for rewards
---
want to say (Great ) in other ways?
say (Tidy ) or ( Neato ) :)
#16EgHeadFoolPosted 1/29/2013 2:51:11 AM
Muflaggin posted...
I have the two EXP merit awards and the difference is negligible. The movement speed one...does it even do anything? Jumping? Really? Haven't noticed any more items dropping then normal either.

It is 10% extra, that is not negligible. That is significant. That means in 10 hours of playing you get an extra hour's worth of experience. I already said how the sea movement speed one really helps. The one on land is harder to notice but it will still compound given the amount of time you walk.

And like I said, just because you don't notice something like more drops doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The drop rates go up by a fixed percentage.
#17JRPGPosted 1/29/2013 3:06:52 AM
crimson-falcon posted...
EgHeadFool posted...
Just because you don't notice doesn't mean it doesn't make a difference. Aside from the ones that obviously do (+100 HP and MP, reduced casting cost for all spells, etc) a lot of them are working behind the scenes. +10% experience? Yes please. 20% increase in drop rate for regular and rare items? 20% increase in tame rates? Yes please. The boat speed upgrade make you able to outrun water enemies, which was not possible before. More orb drops in battle might make more of a difference than you think, though auto-collecting them not as much.

I think it's kinda foolish to complain considering that it's on top of the regular rewards already, and many of them really do make a difference. Just because the game isn't waving a flag in your face telling you an effect is active doesn't mean it's not there.

20% drop rate wont also make the game easier

20% EXP might do

Don't do errands in the first place if you don't care for the rewards. Every game gets a bit easier if you do quests. You complain they aren't worth it and then complain that some make the game easier!? I think you need to see a counsellor.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#18the_requiemPosted 1/29/2013 3:23:14 AM
TC, let me put it other way: What would have made them "not underwhelming" for you? What do you want them to do? Could you give a few examples?
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#19Muflaggin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:27:11 AM
Muflaggin posted...

It is 10% extra, that is not negligible. That is significant. That means in 10 hours of playing you get an extra hour's worth of experience. I already said how the sea movement speed one really helps. The one on land is harder to notice but it will still compound given the amount of time you walk.

And like I said, just because you don't notice something like more drops doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The drop rates go up by a fixed percentage.

To give an example those Toko on the road to that town (Perdidon?) normally give about 8k a battle or so right? With both of those EXP merit perks, I get about 9k. That's not a huge improvement. I'd expect with both of them activated to be getting close to 50% more.

TC, let me put it other way: What would have made them "not underwhelming" for you? What do you want them to do? Could you give a few examples?

The problem isn't really the ones they have, in most cases anyways (Jump is just stupid). I just wish they would bump up the effect. The faster movement speed should actually...be fast. Same with the boat. The only one that seems like it works is the one that allows you to more easily sneak up on enemies, but even then I wasn't having any issues doing it beforehand.
---
#20FoofyheadPosted 1/29/2013 4:28:37 AM
I think Eg's on to something: TC and this topic are pointless.
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!