Why would you want the Wizard's Companion book in real life?

#1Edge4o7_Posted 1/29/2013 12:35:07 PM
I'm just wondering. I'm at the very start of the game, I just went to the new world, so no spoilers please. But, do situations arise where you wish you could read the Wizard's Companion in game but you can't for some reason?

Is it purely a novelty item/something to read while you're taking a dump?

I'm just curious why people want one and if it's useful or not.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#27656198Posted 1/29/2013 12:36:43 PM
Edge4o7_ posted...
I'm just wondering. I'm at the very start of the game, I just went to the new world, so no spoilers please. But, do situations arise where you wish you could read the Wizard's Companion in game but you can't for some reason?

Is it purely a novelty item/something to read while you're taking a dump?

I'm just curious why people want one and if it's useful or not.

For me it's novelty and for the game. Seriously the thing looks sweet and is pretty high quality. Also I personally find it easier to use the physical book rather than the in game one.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni & Pokemon White 2
#3poorrabbitPosted 1/29/2013 12:37:38 PM
I don't have one, but....

A bunch of the alchemy recipes are in the book, but you don't "know" them. So, being able to look at the book whilst you're on the alchemy screen could certainly be useful.

Having to go back and forth is a pain.
#4Taichi556Posted 1/29/2013 12:37:41 PM
To cast magic, duh.
---
"Synchro Chip, Slot-in, Cross Fusion!"
Wargreymon: Level 126
#5alexponentialPosted 1/29/2013 12:38:15 PM
No. However, while I still wouldn't pay extra for it because in the long run it just isn't worth it to me personally, it would come in handy to have when looking up alchemy recipes rather than having to go to the in-game book, find what you're looking for, and zoom in and out of the pages.
#6Storm83Posted 1/29/2013 12:38:25 PM
Ni no Kuni - The Wizard's Companion - English v4
Google it.
If you want it on a phone, tablet etc there you go.
#7kkeevvPosted 1/29/2013 12:38:55 PM
There's pages missing from the in game one that you slowly get over the course of the game. This is not the case for the irl version.
---
Check out my quote.
#8Edge4o7_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:09:53 PM
There's pages missing from the in game one that you slowly get over the course of the game. This is not the case for the irl version.

Does that basically let you cheat or get stronger than you should be at a point in the game?
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#9LightKagutsuchiPosted 1/29/2013 6:23:23 PM
Edge4o7_ posted...

Does that basically let you cheat or get stronger than you should be at a point in the game?

No, but you can see all the spells you'll eventually get, and some of them seem somewhat spoilerish. Also, having a physical map handy for the keyhole items is very nice, though I'm sure there will be online maps soon enough.

Still, it is a very well made book and a cool item to have; I love collectibles like that.
#10nerobloodfirePosted 1/29/2013 6:41:31 PM
LightKagutsuchi posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

No, but you can see all the spells you'll eventually get, and some of them seem somewhat spoilerish. Also, having a physical map handy for the keyhole items is very nice, though I'm sure there will be online maps soon enough.

Still, it is a very well made book and a cool item to have; I love collectibles like that.

Actually you can see all the spells you will eventually get as soon as you get the in game companion. There is a table of contents page for the spells that has the complete list.
---
PSN : Nerobloodfire
Dragons Dogma Pawn : Aya