Stupid GameStop Employees

#181king_maddenPosted 1/29/2013 7:56:06 PM
westonticklee posted...
He never said when he even noticed the dent. For all we know he could have made the dent himself.

this is probably what happened, judging by the way he is freaking out, he doesnt strike me as the type of person who wouldnt notice it when he first purchased it. Hes probably been playing the game for a week, and was checking out the case, when he noticed the dent. he doesnt remember doing anything to dent it so he blames gamestop, even though its possible he couldve caused the dent.

so he makes a topic about stupid gamestop something, knowing he would immediately get a bunch of backers with all of the gamestop hate going around on these boards.
#182Xfma100Posted 1/29/2013 8:01:35 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
So it would be okay for someone to make a topic saying "Stupid Ni no Kuni fans" just because one person might have been rude?

Seeing as how TC talked to multiple employee, and thus, plural...and seeing as how Ni No Kuni fans don't have a long history of screwing their customers over...it's just kind of a fact at this point in time that GameStop as a whole isn't the greatest store in the US.

He had the option to not take the game/case in that condition...

So, a damaged case or no case at all, as opposed to the perfect condition case he should have gotten, or if not some sort of small reimbursement. That sure helps a lot.

I never said GameStop was the greatest store in the US.

I said quote where he said he contacted them.
Did he talk to a few employees in the store or did he contact people who could help him more? (Did he even talk to the manager of the store?)

TC even stated that if he would have known the case was dented he would have bought the game somewhere else.
Where was the case advertised as being in perfect condition?

TC also said that the size of the dent doesn't matter, but it does matter. (Which implies that the dent is minor. Not to mention him refusing to show pictures of the dent.)
#183SlimCreeperPosted 1/29/2013 8:04:25 PM
Honestly the steel books are cheaply made anyway. You'd probably not be able to keep it pristine...
The only way you are going to keep that thing dent/ding/scuff/scratch free is if you wrap it in bubble wrap and store it somewhere.

I get what you are saying TC, I am atmittedly a spoiled, entitled, sheltered, suburban brat but I work hard for my money and the things I spend it on, and want everything I own to be perfect.

In fact I didn't even pre-order the game but still found a way to get myself a steelbook for free just by being annoying and asking the cashier if they'd put my name on an extra one, then I came back the next day and told a different employee that the employee from the previous day said they were holding one specifically for me.

and even still with my ocd obsessiveness I still managed to find a few scratches on the paint job of the case.. the paint/ entire product is cheap and will not survive long even just displayed in a shelf.
#184Blight79Posted 1/29/2013 8:23:08 PM
Wow a lot of underage kids in here that don't know the value of a purchase. If you buy something new you expect it to be delivered to you new, not dented. Minimum wage is no excuse for poor service. Sorry about your luck.
#185BurgerTime79Posted 1/29/2013 8:25:36 PM
Blight79 posted...
Wow a lot of underage kids in here that don't know the value of a purchase. If you buy something new you expect it to be delivered to you new, not dented. Minimum wage is no excuse for poor service. Sorry about your luck.

For the last time, Gamestop had nothing to do with the condition of the cases!!! They were SHIPPED to them like that! It was also free pre order bonus item. What the Gamestop employees are being paid has nothing to do with this situation.

Find who actually shipped the cases, and take it up with them.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#186TiamatKillerPosted 1/29/2013 8:25:59 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
Leanaunfurled posted...
TC should have tried to do something about his problem instead of whining on Gamefaqs.
<_<

This is almost as bad as someone whining that they didn't get their pre-order bonus even though the bonus was limited...

He is, he said so in the very first post. He's considering just selling it and getting another case, despite the fact that he shouldn't have been given a case that was damaged in the first place. Are people not allowed to make topics that don't deal with happily playing NNK? Majority of these people in here are being so amazingly rude and immature it's astounding.

I appreciate your understanding.

And to hose clamoring for a picture, use your imagination. I'm not going to waste any more of my time than I already have by posting a picture for your amusement. Whether you think the dent is minor or not, it doesn't change the fact that it's there when it shouldn't be.

Obviously you want your things to come in pristine condition; however:

1) You don't know if it was Gamestop or the shipping that dented the case.

2) You led into this thread with "Stupid Gamestop Employees"....so obviously people are going to assume that you are complaining about the case's condition due to Gamestop.

3) You call the aforementioned employees 'morons' for not remembering despite the fact that everything has some type of DLC now, and maybe you just got unlucky with the person you had to deal with.

It only takes some common sense and a little bit more of a worldly view to recognize this might not be all of Gamestop's fault, if any (which is the view that you put out with everything you said).
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#187Bizen247Posted 1/29/2013 8:29:52 PM
The guys calling the OP a baby or whatever for being mad that something he paid for was damaged are probably themselves just butthurt that they didn't get the bonus/special edition/whatever.

But I recommend everyone just start ordering their stuff off Amazon or elsewhere on the net anyway. I quit going to Gamestop after it became clear their idea of "New" was putting a disc they had in the drawer into an already opened game box.
---
We make expand, then defense it.
#188SlimCreeperPosted 1/29/2013 8:33:04 PM
Another note about these steel book cases...
they are shipped to gamestop loosely stacked in a plain cardboard box.
they are not individually wrapped in plastic, packing material, or anything. Just stacked on top of eachother...
Very few of them are going to be completely undamaged.
#189BurgerTime79Posted 1/29/2013 8:34:06 PM
Bizen247 posted...
The guys calling the OP a baby or whatever for being mad that something he paid for was damaged are probably themselves just butthurt that they didn't get the bonus/special edition/whatever.

But I recommend everyone just start ordering their stuff off Amazon or elsewhere on the net anyway. I quit going to Gamestop after it became clear their idea of "New" was putting a disc they had in the drawer into an already opened game box.

He didn't pay for it. It was giving out for free.

Does this have to be explained on a children's show to get people to understand it?! You can *gasp* refuse to buy the game if it's been opened or ask for a discount. The fact that people still copy/paste this complaint about opened games just shows that people don't have legitimate complaints. They just want to keep crying about Gamestop to keep the hate flowing.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#190king_maddenPosted 1/29/2013 8:34:26 PM
Bizen247 posted...

no hes being called a baby, because he didnt confront them AT ALL, and then accepted the case, didnt ask for reimbursement, then waited a week to complain to users on gamefaqs.

If you dont say anything, they wont either.