Stupid GameStop Employees

#21xtdg134Posted 1/29/2013 3:29:24 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
Never preorder from a physical Gamestop. Why would you ever do that?

If you're going to preorder, do it through ebgames.com

EBGames is owned by GameStop, why not just go to GameStop.com and ditch the middle man? Anywho, it's also possible that it was damaged during shipping.
#22DemonBuffetPosted 1/29/2013 3:29:55 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
DemonBuffet posted...
StuntmanSnake posted...
Holy ****!

This board is literally filled with elitists.

You are accusing me of being ungrateful because something I was promised was badly damaged? Well, please find it in your hearts to forgive my selfish desires. Hey, next time any of you preorder anything, I want you all to lie whatever bonus you get in the street and run it over. No complaining, now! Deal?

Lol wow! What a child!
xD

Lemme ask you something, did you recieve a huge wedgey at school today and you're trying to redeem yourself on the Internet? I'm not are what you are trying to accomplish.

Does it make you feel better to imagine that I was a pushover in school and I'm here in this topic trying to better my self esteem?
Pretty sad on your end :)
I'm just here to laugh at you cry about a steel case ;)
#23StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:30:49 PM
PrinceMedion posted...
Sorry I fail to see how any of that was stupid. The store has no power to prevent a case like that being damaged in shipment, if you wanted the case to be perfect you should have picked the game up a week ago... you know when it came out? The stores not even obligated to keep the preorder bonus after 48 hours your lucky you even got one after a week with the shortage of them and all.

So the guy didn't remember to give it to you at first, its an easy mistake when every game has a preorder bonus and they're all handled differently (some are physical items, some are codes that come inside the case, some are printed on the receipt, some are something the store is shipped, some are recieved long before the game ever comes out, some arrive the same day the game releases, ect)

I really don't get the hate.

I picked it up the day of release. I'm only just bringing it up now because it's been a thorn in my side. I would have let the whole thing go if they would have offered something such as a small discount or something.

And please, don't act like GameStop employees are not incompetent. If you believe otherwise, you either never been to one, currently work at one, or just joined the internet.
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake
Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
#24Ep1taph303Posted 1/29/2013 3:32:26 PM
Yup, TCs a whining brat
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#25SantaeidPosted 1/29/2013 3:33:27 PM
stevedarland posted...
so you are going to sell a perfectly good working copy because the "free preorder bonus" had a slight dent in the front.

So pay approx 65 with tax.
Sell for 40
buy another for 65 with tax.

To Prove a point. That makes perfect financial sense.

Ok.

But then you proceede to call them morons and rant about something that was not exactly their fault as I would say you were one of maybe three people that pre-ordered the game. So remembering a bonus is not always the easiest thing on a game such as this.

And on top of that you more than likely went in with the same attitude you posted with on here so they are more apt to treat you like crap when you are being a dick yourself.

So. My suggestion is. Dont worry about, move on, Enjoy the game, and relax a bit

He is gonna sell the steelbook case. I saw one sell for 51.00. Just the case.
---
If you like playing games for fun & don't care for KDR then come join my clan. Where peps like u and me can hangout and have fun. http://hobos.comze.com
#26LetiumtidePosted 1/29/2013 3:34:11 PM
This is what sucks about working retail. The concept of "The customer is always right" has cause people to have a complex about things.

A small discount? On what, the free item? They can't give you a discount on the game itself, because there is nothing wrong it plus they probably don't have the authority to do so.

You're just an uppity self important person, get over it.
#27StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:34:41 PM
stevedarland posted...
so you are going to sell a perfectly good working copy because the "free preorder bonus" had a slight dent in the front.

Sell for 40

Ok.

But then you proceede to call them morons and rant about something that was not exactly their fault as I would say you were one of maybe three people that pre-ordered the game. So remembering a bonus is not always the easiest thing on a game such as this.

And on top of that you more than likely went in with the same attitude you posted with on here so they are more apt to treat you like crap when you are being a dick yourself.

So. My suggestion is. Dont worry about, move on, Enjoy the game, and relax a bit

First off, I'm not selling the game AND the steel book, just the steel book. Secondly, I'm perfectly calm and was very nice in the store. Not sure if you want a rant is, but that's what this was. I work in retail as well and I know how much of a dick customers can be. I know never to be like that. But, I don't see how you can blame me for being frustrated.
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake
Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
#28ChronosknightPosted 1/29/2013 3:36:25 PM
I think there's a lot of whining coming from both sides of this argument. To be fair, TC just wanted a collectors item that he pre-ordered to be in good condition. That's pretty understandable.

Also, a lot of Gamestop employees do come off as incompetent. I also agree that it's Gamestop's fault for the way they treat their employees and hardly pay anything. That doesn't make the employees any more competent however...

When I hear a customer ask for their God of War pre-order and hear an employee reply "For what system?" I can't help but shake my head.
#29xtdg134Posted 1/29/2013 3:36:56 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
stevedarland posted...

Sell for 40

Ok.

First off, I'm not selling the game AND the steel book, just the steel book. Secondly, I'm perfectly calm and was very nice in the store. Not sure if you want a rant is, but that's what this was. I work in retail as well and I know how much of a dick customers can be. I know never to be like that. But, I don't see how you can blame me for being frustrated.

So you're upset because you can't turn around and make a profit for something you got as a gift? Capitalism at it's best.
#30Ep1taph303Posted 1/29/2013 3:38:12 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
stevedarland posted...

Sell for 40

Ok.

If you work in retail and you understand how customers can be, then why are you going making yourself look like a jackass complaining about something so trivial?
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/