Stupid GameStop Employees

#31StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:38:26 PM
xtdg134 posted...
StuntmanSnake posted...
stevedarland posted...
so you are going to sell a perfectly good working copy because the "free preorder bonus" had a slight dent in the front.

So pay approx 65 with tax.
Sell for 40
buy another for 65 with tax.

To Prove a point. That makes perfect financial sense.

Ok.

But then you proceede to call them morons and rant about something that was not exactly their fault as I would say you were one of maybe three people that pre-ordered the game. So remembering a bonus is not always the easiest thing on a game such as this.

And on top of that you more than likely went in with the same attitude you posted with on here so they are more apt to treat you like crap when you are being a dick yourself.

So. My suggestion is. Dont worry about, move on, Enjoy the game, and relax a bit

First off, I'm not selling the game AND the steel book, just the steel book. Secondly, I'm perfectly calm and was very nice in the store. Not sure if you want a rant is, but that's what this was. I work in retail as well and I know how much of a dick customers can be. I know never to be like that. But, I don't see how you can blame me for being frustrated.

So you're upset because you can't turn around and make a profit for something you got as a gift? Capitalism at it's best.

Please read next time.

I'm selling my dented case and buying a new one.
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake
Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
#32PrinceMedionPosted 1/29/2013 3:38:56 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
PrinceMedion posted...
Sorry I fail to see how any of that was stupid. The store has no power to prevent a case like that being damaged in shipment, if you wanted the case to be perfect you should have picked the game up a week ago... you know when it came out? The stores not even obligated to keep the preorder bonus after 48 hours your lucky you even got one after a week with the shortage of them and all.

So the guy didn't remember to give it to you at first, its an easy mistake when every game has a preorder bonus and they're all handled differently (some are physical items, some are codes that come inside the case, some are printed on the receipt, some are something the store is shipped, some are recieved long before the game ever comes out, some arrive the same day the game releases, ect)

I really don't get the hate.

I picked it up the day of release. I'm only just bringing it up now because it's been a thorn in my side. I would have let the whole thing go if they would have offered something such as a small discount or something.

And please, don't act like GameStop employees are not incompetent. If you believe otherwise, you either never been to one, currently work at one, or just joined the internet.

Lol yeah I work at one, unlike you I actually know what I'm talking about. Are there complete idiots working at some stores? Yeah sure, JUST LIKE EVERY BUSINESS IN THE WORLD. People like you just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Why is a small dent in a case a 'thorn in your side?'

Why didn't you ask for another case?

Why would they give you a discount on the game because the preorder bonus was slightly damaged? FYI several of mine were the same way, it happens if you've seen the way UPS treats my shipment you'd be surprised they're not completely broken in two, nothing anyone in the store can do about it.

Why do you care about a small dent that has absolutely no effect on the way the game plays or the case functions as it is?

Lastly, if you hate GS so much like you clearly do, why did you shop there in the first place?

Seriously I can understand if the guy was a jackass to you or something but it sounds like you were just an ass hat to him and now a week later you decide to complain about it? Waste of space.
#33PrinceMedionPosted 1/29/2013 3:41:01 PM
Chronosknight posted...
I think there's a lot of whining coming from both sides of this argument. To be fair, TC just wanted a collectors item that he pre-ordered to be in good condition. That's pretty understandable.

Also, a lot of Gamestop employees do come off as incompetent. I also agree that it's Gamestop's fault for the way they treat their employees and hardly pay anything. That doesn't make the employees any more competent however...

When I hear a customer ask for their God of War pre-order and hear an employee reply "For what system?" I can't help but shake my head.

I do that all the time its just a force of habit, I recognize it when I do it but when you ask the same question 5x a day for 6 years it happens, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
#34stevedarlandPosted 1/29/2013 3:43:52 PM
Ok the original post made it sound like you were selling both. I appologize for that.

However, unless you display the book then I really wouldnt worry about it.

As far as the rant, Yes I understand the point of a rant. But you showed up on a website where I know several game stop employess frequent to see what people are saying about games they are selling. As well as came off slightly childish in the original post.

Frustration is one thing, and I know it is always nice to have someone to blame, but I believe in this instance your anger might be misplaced and outdated by a bit.

Besides you say you work in retail you know there are those days where you can't catch a break it could have just been that dudes day to be crapped on by everyone and everything.

Peace and happy gaming
---
The world is already full of idiots......Please do not add another.
Gamertag: xL0ST SCHIZ0x
#35StrawHatLustigPosted 1/29/2013 3:44:24 PM
Take a picture of the dent so we can see how bad it is. You'll have to take a picture anyway to put it on eBay.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, DMC: Devil May Cry, The Legend of Dragoon
#36ChronosknightPosted 1/29/2013 3:47:30 PM
PrinceMedion posted...
Chronosknight posted...
I think there's a lot of whining coming from both sides of this argument. To be fair, TC just wanted a collectors item that he pre-ordered to be in good condition. That's pretty understandable.

Also, a lot of Gamestop employees do come off as incompetent. I also agree that it's Gamestop's fault for the way they treat their employees and hardly pay anything. That doesn't make the employees any more competent however...

When I hear a customer ask for their God of War pre-order and hear an employee reply "For what system?" I can't help but shake my head.

I do that all the time its just a force of habit, I recognize it when I do it but when you ask the same question 5x a day for 6 years it happens, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

I could see that. It's easy to think that someone is not competent at their job when you've never worked in that environment. Things like that generally only click when you're in those shoes yourself. The only time I've really gotten annoyed in a Gamestop is when I had an employee lie to me saying "Our systems are down, I can't cancel your reserve but I can move the money to another game."

I know that the company treats their employees poorly if they lose pre-orders or don't get enough of them but no one likes being lied to. One of the reasons that I stopped shopping at Gamestop is because their new games are often opened and their used games are generally in poor condition. Like the TC, I'm pretty anal about the condition of the things that I buy. I keep all of my belongings in very nice shape.
#37StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:49:41 PM
It's nice to see some people agree with me.

I'm not a selfish person - far from it. Nor am I an angry individual. Like I have said, I was promised something that ended up being damaged. Any of you that seem to believe I'm a brat, I want you to put yourself into my shoes. You honestly can tell me you wouldn't be frustrated that your preorder bonus was damaged?

Also, many of you were missing the point of this topic. I'm not here to bash on GameStop employees, I'm here becuase I was looking to see if anyone had an idea of how much I can sell this dented case for.

Seeing as how this whole thing blew out of proportion and there is many people on this board who are better human beings than I, it's best to just let this topic rest.
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake
Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
#38OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/29/2013 3:50:18 PM
It was a free gift given to you for pre-ordering the game. :u You didn't even pay for it. What right do you have to complain about it? Deal with it.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#39terminal21Posted 1/29/2013 3:51:30 PM
I keep wanting to throw my steel case away because I know it will only sit around collecting dust. But so many people seem to want it.

Different strokes.
#40BurgerTime79Posted 1/29/2013 3:51:32 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
but the steel book they gave me for preordering had a damn dent on the front that looked like a fingernail jammed into it.

The steel case was poorly shipped to a lot of stores, and many of the cases were damaged. This isn't Gamestop's fault, so stop blaming them for stuff they didn't even do.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking