Stupid GameStop Employees

#41StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:54:30 PM
Yes, please continue everyone.

Keep calling me a horrible person. I hope it's making you all have a better day.
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake
Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
#42find no fan tar seaPosted 1/29/2013 3:54:31 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
It's nice to see some people agree with me.

I'm not a selfish person - far from it. Nor am I an angry individual. Like I have said, I was promised something that ended up being damaged. Any of you that seem to believe I'm a brat, I want you to put yourself into my shoes. You honestly can tell me you wouldn't be frustrated that your preorder bonus was damaged?

Also, many of you were missing the point of this topic. I'm not here to bash on GameStop employees, I'm here becuase I was looking to see if anyone had an idea of how much I can sell this dented case for.

Seeing as how this whole thing blew out of proportion and there is many people on this board who are better human beings than I, it's best to just let this topic rest.

Can you please take a picture so we can see how 'badly damaged' the steelcase is? i'm sure it isn't that bad.
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#43bob123126Posted 1/29/2013 3:54:32 PM
I'm sorry I didn't read all 4 pages. It is an advertised item and as such I would expect it to be in "new" condition because it is a new item. The only downside is it's a limited item and because of that it would be hard to just go back and replace it if they didn't have any. Personally my gamestop had some left even a few days ago. I would just go back and ask for a replacement if they had one...
---
Just remember love is life, and hate is living death
Treat your life for what it's worth, And live for every breath
#44bob123126Posted 1/29/2013 3:57:47 PM
But on the other hand, a small dent in my case isn't too much to complain about. My metal case for doom 3 was horribly dented but I got over it. :) No reason to get angry over such a small matter.
---
Just remember love is life, and hate is living death
Treat your life for what it's worth, And live for every breath
#45PrinceMedionPosted 1/29/2013 3:58:12 PM
Chronosknight posted...
PrinceMedion posted...
Chronosknight posted...
I think there's a lot of whining coming from both sides of this argument. To be fair, TC just wanted a collectors item that he pre-ordered to be in good condition. That's pretty understandable.

Also, a lot of Gamestop employees do come off as incompetent. I also agree that it's Gamestop's fault for the way they treat their employees and hardly pay anything. That doesn't make the employees any more competent however...

When I hear a customer ask for their God of War pre-order and hear an employee reply "For what system?" I can't help but shake my head.

I do that all the time its just a force of habit, I recognize it when I do it but when you ask the same question 5x a day for 6 years it happens, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

I could see that. It's easy to think that someone is not competent at their job when you've never worked in that environment. Things like that generally only click when you're in those shoes yourself. The only time I've really gotten annoyed in a Gamestop is when I had an employee lie to me saying "Our systems are down, I can't cancel your reserve but I can move the money to another game."

I know that the company treats their employees poorly if they lose pre-orders or don't get enough of them but no one likes being lied to. One of the reasons that I stopped shopping at Gamestop is because their new games are often opened and their used games are generally in poor condition. Like the TC, I'm pretty anal about the condition of the things that I buy. I keep all of my belongings in very nice shape.

I can completely understand about being anal and I'm the same way, the open copies (we refer to as 'gutted') are generally just due to having to put a case out on the floor to sell, the company has gotten better about supplying us marketing cases so we only end up gutting the 1 copy if at all but if its a sale or something they generally want as many copies out that we can fit. Best advice I have is just ask if we have a sealed copy of the game, if not most people are understanding if you don't want to get it. Although I will say its a very small minority of people who actually care, most people don't even care if they even get a case if it takes more then 2 seconds to grab it from the wall.
#46BurgerTime79Posted 1/29/2013 3:59:24 PM
bob123126 posted...
I'm sorry I didn't read all 4 pages. It is an advertised item and as such I would expect it to be in "new" condition because it is a new item. The only downside is it's a limited item and because of that it would be hard to just go back and replace it if they didn't have any. Personally my gamestop had some left even a few days ago. I would just go back and ask for a replacement if they had one...

It's an item advertised as being "while supplies last" and you're not even paying for it. It's a free gift that they don't have to give you, and not having any available at the time you pick your game up is part of the risk. Most stores aren't going to have replacements, but if you contact the company directly on their website and give them the right information, they might have some extras in the warehouse.

And again, Gamestop had no control over how the case was shipped to them. They were added into a box with other items without foam or bubble wrap.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#47Thanatos2kPosted 1/29/2013 3:59:37 PM
EBGames is owned by GameStop, why not just go to GameStop.com and ditch the middle man?

I know it is. I like to inform Gamestop that I have no respect for their purchase of Electronics Boutique.

Keep calling me a horrible person. I hope it's making you all have a better day.

It's fun to know people like you are out there. It definitely makes me feel better about myself that I'm not such an anal spazz about stuff like this.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#48Mega WolfPosted 1/29/2013 4:00:31 PM
You said you didn't make this topic to bash on Gamestop employees, but the title is indeed called "Stupid Gamestop Employees".
Sure it could be an attention grabber, but it's still in bad taste.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#49StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:02:38 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
EBGames is owned by GameStop, why not just go to GameStop.com and ditch the middle man?

I know it is. I like to inform Gamestop that I have no respect for their purchase of Electronics Boutique.

It's fun to know people like you are out there. It definitely makes me feel better about myself that I'm not such an anal spazz about stuff like this.

It's fun to know people like you are out there too. People who hold themselves higher than others and act like nothing bothersome has ever happened to them. You know what, maybe because knowing you're out there, I'm happy now. Thanks, man!
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake
Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
#50PrinceMedionPosted 1/29/2013 4:03:39 PM
StuntmanSnake posted...
It's nice to see some people agree with me.

I'm not a selfish person - far from it. Nor am I an angry individual. Like I have said, I was promised something that ended up being damaged. Any of you that seem to believe I'm a brat, I want you to put yourself into my shoes. You honestly can tell me you wouldn't be frustrated that your preorder bonus was damaged?

Also, many of you were missing the point of this topic. I'm not here to bash on GameStop employees, I'm here becuase I was looking to see if anyone had an idea of how much I can sell this dented case for.

Seeing as how this whole thing blew out of proportion and there is many people on this board who are better human beings than I, it's best to just let this topic rest.

If you aren't here to bash Gamestop employess why did you call your topic 'Stupid Gamestop Employees?' Thats pretty much the only reason I came here and commented, you made yourself sound like an ass hat with that title then the very minor reason for insulting anyone.

I can understand if you were unhappy if it was damaged but in which case why didn't you ask for another one? If you did and they were all damaged then theres really nothing you or the store could have done, we have 0 control over anything we get in shipment and they certainly weren't going to send more out for being slightly dented (not that they had any extra to send even if they wanted to). If you really work retail you'd know that, which really makes me think you don't but I'm other suggesting I really have no idea nor do I really care.