If you're playing this in Japanese VA, you're doing it wrong.

#11FoofyheadPosted 1/29/2013 11:52:51 PM
Muflaggin posted...
I thought the Japanese voices were fine as usual. Drippy's American VA was downright awful. Then again Drippy himself was too.

You're just accustomed to crappy Japanese voices, that's all.
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#12KilocronPosted 1/29/2013 11:54:54 PM
darkgara posted...
Japanese VA crybaby bunters itt

Why is that, because they don't agree with you?

I prefer the Japanese myself, though I do wish I could change the subtitles to be more accurate. The names are all completely wrong, for instance.
#13iMpLuXPosted 1/30/2013 12:02:08 AM(edited)
Apparently the voice you choose is the lip synch you get. The devs said they resynched the lips for the english va's and you get the English Kokoro no Kakera and if you choose Japanese you get the original lip synching and Mai's Kokoro no Kakera.

@BEAMS_ae86

Apparently you like Initial D and since you said English isn't your first language I assume you're Japanese and that's why you like whale sounds since noboby loves Whales more than Japan.
---
AMD FX 8350 BE, MSi 990FXA-GD80, 2x MSi HD 7950 TF3 3GB, 4x 4GB KHX DDR3 1600, Corsair TX850W, Corsair H100i, Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD w/ 8 Pro 64, Antec DF-85
#14MuflagginPosted 1/30/2013 12:00:21 AM
Japanese VA crybaby bunters itt

It's okay that you prefer inferior voices. ^_^

Muflaggin posted...
I thought the Japanese voices were fine as usual. Drippy's American VA was downright awful. Then again Drippy himself was too.

You're just accustomed to crappy American voices, that's all.

I know. You should fix that.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#15zPolarPosted 1/30/2013 12:03:40 AM
jap dub has its osaka accent anyway
#16theBridgeburnerPosted 1/30/2013 12:28:49 AM
Taichi556 posted...
Because the Japanese VAs also have appropriate accents, and the voice acting actually properly matches the lip movement so I don't feel like I am watching Godzilla?

Well, I may not speak for everyone, but most of us don't speak Japanese, thus any accents from the original VAs are lost on us. Whereas, a welsh accent for Drippy is immediately iconic.

Besides, the English syncing is quite good.

Another point... English dubs can be superior to their Japanese originals. Case in point, Cowboy Bebop. Or Baccano. And gamewise, off the top of my head, Metal Gear Solid.
#17COX-blockerPosted 1/30/2013 12:31:54 AM
Muflaggin posted...

Uh huh, then why don't you go learn japanese and play it entirely in japanese if you love the japanese language so much? Or you're too lazy to get your weaboo ass to a beginner japanese class?

People like you give bad name to anime fans. I love anime too but I'm not too blinded by fanboyism to be unable to appreciate what another culture has to offer.
---
3ds FC: 3797-5783-3905
#18FoofyheadPosted 1/30/2013 12:35:27 AM
People who love JP voices only are sad and pathetic. A VA isn't automatically a good VA just because he/she says L's like R's.
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#19whalewhiskerPosted 1/30/2013 12:36:32 AM
I can't believe so many people are missing out on the amazing dub ;~;
#20MuflagginPosted 1/30/2013 12:37:01 AM
Muflaggin posted...

Uh huh, then why don't you go learn japanese and play it entirely in japanese if you love the japanese language so much? Or you're too lazy to get your weaboo ass to a beginner japanese class?

People like you give bad name to anime fans. I love anime too but I'm not too blinded by fanboyism to be unable to appreciate what another culture has to offer.

It's a JAPANESE RPG. I play it as it was intended to be heard. I don't watch American shows in Japanese or anything weird like that. For example if I'm watching a French film I'll watch it in French. Simple as that. I'm sorry your feeble mind can't grasp a simple concept like that.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule