If you're playing this in Japanese VA, you're doing it wrong.

#21MuflagginPosted 1/30/2013 12:38:14 AM
People who love English voices only are sad and pathetic. A VA isn't automatically a good VA because they speak my language and I'm too ignorant to realize there are incredibly talented Japanese voice actors..

---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#22Oni_TaedoPosted 1/30/2013 12:42:27 AM
Muflaggin posted...
Japanese VA crybaby bunters itt

It's okay that you prefer inferior voices. ^_^

Muflaggin posted...
I thought the Japanese voices were fine as usual. Drippy's American VA was downright awful. Then again Drippy himself was too.

You're just accustomed to crappy American voices, that's all.

I know. You should fix that.

Muflaggin confirmed to be a weaboo.

Let me guess, subs >>> dubs?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#23katamoriPosted 1/30/2013 12:42:42 AM
Foofyhead posted...
People who love JP voices only are sad and pathetic. A VA isn't automatically a good VA just because he/she says L's like R's.

So how long have you been racist?Btw I know a lot of Japanese people who speak English as a second language better then most North Americans as a first language.
---
PSN:helcalv
#24katamoriPosted 1/30/2013 12:44:43 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Muflaggin posted...
Japanese VA crybaby bunters itt

It's okay that you prefer inferior voices. ^_^

Muflaggin posted...
I thought the Japanese voices were fine as usual. Drippy's American VA was downright awful. Then again Drippy himself was too.

You're just accustomed to crappy American voices, that's all.

I know. You should fix that.

Muflaggin confirmed to be a weaboo.

Let me guess, subs >>> dubs?

Depends but a lot of the times yes.A lot of animes have bad VA casts for the English.The reverse is true for some as well though lol like dragonball Z Japanese goku gives me the creeps.He's really high pitched lol.
---
PSN:helcalv
#25darkgara(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:47:57 AM
Muflaggin posted...
Muflaggin posted...

Uh huh, then why don't you go learn japanese and play it entirely in japanese if you love the japanese language so much? Or you're too lazy to get your weaboo ass to a beginner japanese class?

People like you give bad name to anime fans. I love anime too but I'm not too blinded by fanboyism to be unable to appreciate what another culture has to offer.

It's a JAPANESE RPG. I play it as it was intended to be heard. I don't watch American shows in Japanese or anything weird like that. For example if I'm watching a French film I'll watch it in French. Simple as that. I'm sorry your feeble mind can't grasp a simple concept like that.

And yet France doesn't hold the same reverence for the source material, as by law, all foreign films are dubbed into french. I swing either way, some English dubs actually are better than the original. One poster gave an example of mgs - I honestly cannot imagine Snake without the iconic gruffy American voice. I think the Tales games do a decent job with dubbing as well, Vesperia in particular. I don't watch a lot of anime, but Hellsing Ultimate dub is far better than the JP VA, same for baccano.
#26katamoriPosted 1/30/2013 12:51:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27MuflagginPosted 1/30/2013 12:56:09 AM
For the person that asked yes Subs over Dubs. Not sure why I would want to subject myself to inferior voices and acting, but hey if that's your thing go for it. ^_^
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#28jeykamaPosted 1/30/2013 1:02:27 AM
After all these years of playing localized games, I have a profound distrust of translations and I can understand spoken Japanese for the most part, so if possible I play these games in Japanese. Dubs always seem to lose something in translation. Plus, it's kinda nice knowing what the characters were meant to sound like.

I'll probably do a playthrough in full English sometime for kicks. Just reading the text subs alone made for some funny stuff.
#29Solar1214Posted 1/30/2013 1:06:43 AM
Lotta people hate Japan in this topic.

I'm gonna say something, and if you can't understand it, then you probably aren't the brightest person.
Ni no Kuni is Japanese made- The director chooses the voice cast to fit the characters he made- Dub doesn't use those voices- If you're using the dub you aren't playing as intended.

Then you have people saying "Play the Japanese version, weeaboo." My response is, I don't know Japanese well enough to understand it completely..

The dub is good and everything, I can understand people liking it more but all of this ridiculous flaming of the Sub it out of control.
#30Oni_TaedoPosted 1/30/2013 1:08:37 AM
katamori posted...
Depends but a lot of the times yes.A lot of animes have bad VA casts for the English.The reverse is true for some as well though lol like dragonball Z Japanese goku gives me the creeps.He's really high pitched lol.

Usually English dubs are superior to the Japanese versions.
As someone who cannot personally stand anime, and was forced to study it, I English dubs nowadays tend to be of a much higher quality than they used to be.
Especially when you have the supposedly mega talented Vic MiDerpaderp, Travis Willingderp, or Scott McDerp.

I'll gladly point to Cowboy Bebop, Witchblade, Dragon Ball Z, Trigun, X-Men (the animu, but I'm sure most of the voice actors in that were probably voicing all those characters before, anyways), Black Lagoon, Guyver, Rurouni Kenshin, Panty and Stalking, and a few others, whenever someone feels inclined to say, "Lulz, dubz sux". If you're talking about 4Kids dubs, I'll meet you half way. I thought their dub of Shaman King wasn't half bad, but they need to be less anal on the whole censorship thing.

And Sean Schemmel (did I even spell that right?) is awesome as Goku. DBZ is probably one of the only good things I had to watch during high school.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.