If you're playing this in Japanese VA, you're doing it wrong.

#81Virtue777Posted 1/30/2013 6:03:02 AM
I'm just messing with you brah, don't get too upset lol.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#82katamoriPosted 1/30/2013 6:06:42 AM(edited)
Virtue777 posted...
katamori posted...
Virtue777 posted...
katamori posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Japanese VA tends to be bad, but weeaboos usually don't notice or care because they don't know any Japanese other than "KAWAII DESU!!!" I studied Japanese for 3 years, once you actually have some grasp on the language you begin to realize just how horrendous and cheap most Japanese VA is.

Way to stereotype.Badly at that.

Aww, did I hit the nail on the head with you? Lol.

Actually far from it.For one I know not everything japanese is great.2 I know more then 2 words of japanese thanks I studied it in high school.3 most anime fans notice when VAs are bad.If you bothered to read a bit you would see I've already stated multiple times how I find it's a mixed result with sub/dub.

Oh boy, you have high school Japanese under your belt! Man, I'm sure you learned a lot, lmao.

Enlighten me where did I say I knew a lot?I seem to recall saying more then 2 words.Didn't say I was fluent did I?I was merely pointing out that you can stereotype anime fans all you want but you are going to be wrong 90% of the time.You might want to hop off the bandwagon soon you are just making yourself look ignorant now.
EDIT:I know you were only partially serious but it's a little too much when other are doing it and are probably a whole lot more serious then you are.You know it's pretty bad when you read the first few pages.
---
PSN:helcalv
#83ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/30/2013 6:07:05 AM
katamori, just ignore him. He's having too much fun getting you to respond :(
#84Virtue777Posted 1/30/2013 6:09:13 AM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...

Just a tad. :D

Have a good day fellas.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#85katamoriPosted 1/30/2013 6:09:50 AM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...

I know but the best part is so am I.I have very little to do for a while as I am waiting till tomorrow to move.
---
PSN:helcalv
#86jdissingerPosted 1/30/2013 6:10:46 AM
katamori posted...
I seriously got modded even though I did what the rules say to when posting a censored word.I always figured my first modded post would be for something I legitimately did wrong.Not to mention lol the post was less then 2 hours old and yet look at all the posts that slipped through the cracks in the past 5 days lol.

babbys first modded post

anyways i like the english dubs, especially drippys voice. and the bad guys. i don't understand japanese so i have no reason to watch with subs, i'd rather watch the animation then read literally everything (even though theres a lot of reading already when theres no voiceover)
#87LeanaunfurledPosted 1/30/2013 6:32:25 AM
Who really cares what people prefer? >_> They're just voices, eesh. If they're enjoying the game, then they're doing it right, no matter if they're listening to English or Japanese.
---
http://i.imgur.com/INrw2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4RgpO.gif
#88Lo_ManoloPosted 1/30/2013 6:36:47 AM
I always watch on the original voice. Everything.
Doesnt matter how good the dub is, the original VA is ALWAYS better.

I'm brazilian, so I'm used to watch subbed movies and everything else but I think you guys should give a chance to original voice acting.
Besides, japanaese sound sooooo much cooler than english
---
I play better when I'm high
#89cgwhite85Posted 1/30/2013 6:41:04 AM
KOFXIII posted...
Virtue777 posted...
Japanese VA tends to be bad, but weeaboos usually don't notice or care because they don't know any Japanese other than "KAWAII DESU!!!" I studied Japanese for 3 years, once you actually have some grasp on the language you begin to realize just how horrendous and cheap most Japanese VA is.

The same can be said about American VAs or VAs from any country.

Most are bad/ not memorable, with the awesome ones getting fanbases/getting good roles.

I know you're talking about blind fans that think everything Japanese is good, but this whole thing of "English for normal people - Japanese for mentally challenged" can be just as bad.

I think you missed his point. It has nothing to do with english=normal, and japanese=anything but normal. It has to do with people who blindly praise the japanese va's over the english ones (or english over japanese really) without being fluent in the language. If you don't speak japanese fluently, you are not going to be equipped to judge the subtlety and nuance of the language, or any of the puns (that the japanese seem so fond of) since plays on words, idioms, etc don't translate well.

That is to say, the american crowd who says the japanese va's are better typically mean: "I think something different than what I know sounds cool", which is a pretty common occurrence in all cultures. Americans sometimes like to get japanese and chinese characters as tattoos cause "they look cool". Chinese and japanese folks often think english looks or sounds cool, and you get some outrageously funny engrish t-shirts, etc.

The term "weaboo" is an attempt to insult that sort of mindset(well its actually a nonsense word from a perry bible fellowship comic. Ironic in this thread given whats happening here and the original context). The praise of something over another because its different and you think its neato, japan in the case of weaboo, without fully understanding it is what gets on some peoples nerves.

All that being said, it seems that in this thread only Gamegeek123 would possess the qualifications to tell us how well the japanese va's stack up against the english ones, as he is the only person who I saw claim to be fluent in both japanese and english.

I also understand I am about to be barraged with a cacophony of "its just an opinion lolz!", which is a cop-out. All opinions are not equal, some are better than others. Opinions that are supported by knowledge are better than those formed with a lack of knowledge. Not being able to speak japanese and then going on about how great the japanese va's are is the embodiment of an uninformed opinion.
#90cgwhite85Posted 1/30/2013 6:45:14 AM
Lo_Manolo posted...
I always watch on the original voice. Everything.
Doesnt matter how good the dub is, the original VA is ALWAYS better.

I'm brazilian, so I'm used to watch subbed movies and everything else but I think you guys should give a chance to original voice acting.
Besides, japanaese sound sooooo much cooler than english

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. Notice he has no idea concerning the quality of the performance the japanese va's give as he does not comment on their competency or list examples of which actors perform well and how, likely because he does not speak japanese. To him it just "sounds so much cooler".