That's it. I'm done.

#1ChrisCausticPosted 1/30/2013 2:19:31 AM
Just got to Hamelin and the AI is so ******* terrible, I just cannot play this game anymore. Normally I can deal with stuff like this, but I cannot believe how poorly designed the games combat is. It really sucks, because other than this I've really but enjoying the game. But here, let me give you an example:
Keep ind mind, Esther is set to healing, swaine is set to not use abilities. Esther has 68 mp, and swaine has 45
I walk out of Hamelin and....
Battle #1: Esther uses 30 mp, Swaine uses 15
Battle #2: Esther uses another 22 mp and still gets killed. Swaine uses 10 more
Battle #3: Esther uses the remainder of her mp, gets killed again. Swaine uses another 15 mp.

How the hell am I supposed to get anywhere when I can't get 20 steps out of ******* town without running out of mp. It's absolutely ridiculous. I know level 5 have designed many RPGs before, but its almost like the designers of this game have never even played a ******* RPG before. What a waste.
---
It's all a greedyocracy, every dogma veils hypocrisy.
Playing: Ni No Kuni, 999, FTL, The Cave, Persona 4 Golden
#2shadowhippo1986Posted 1/30/2013 2:20:12 AM
ok bye
#3Tone_IkasuPosted 1/30/2013 2:25:04 AM
It's not that bad........ Beat the game without any of the difficulties you are having. Could just need to level more? Just.saying.
#4EZ1304Posted 1/30/2013 2:26:44 AM
lol
#5muntyfutterPosted 1/30/2013 2:27:24 AM
Not to be a pain, but are you under-leveled? I have yet to have Esther die, but up until the low 30's she wasted lots o mana. I keep her on heal us and outside of boss fights, she has not been bad. I am currently grinding outside of Hamelin myself.

Is it totally random? AI could be much better, I do agree. Glad I have not had the issues you are.
---
PSN: DangleofDoom
Pawn: Vahlia
#6hatredcopterPosted 1/30/2013 2:27:32 AM
Tone_Ikasu posted...
It's not that bad........ Beat the game without any of the difficulties you are having. Could just need to level more? Just.saying.

It's that bad, but the game is still playable.. kinda.
#7zPolarPosted 1/30/2013 2:32:27 AM
i'm sure it's so unplayable that none of us is playing the game anymore :(
#8Tone_IkasuPosted 1/30/2013 2:33:44 AM
hatredcopter posted...
Tone_Ikasu posted...

It's that bad, but the game is still playable.. kinda.

But it really isn't though lol. Yeah they use a lot of mana I will give you that but it's really not needed most of the time. I grinded for a good hour (while trying to catch a familiar) without going back into town and never had anyone die because they ran out of mana. Also as long as each person in your team has a good physical attack familiar they don't really spam there spells as much.
#9ChrisCaustic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:33:44 AM
I'm around level 26-27. It's not the dying that's bothering me, it's the running out of mp in 3 battles
---
It's all a greedyocracy, every dogma veils hypocrisy.
Playing: Ni No Kuni, 999, FTL, The Cave, Persona 4 Golden
#10LoyalOathPosted 1/30/2013 2:36:46 AM
Are you using the all out attack command? That has your characters completely ignore whatever tactic you have set for them for the duration of the command.