That's it. I'm done.

#11tapelionPosted 1/30/2013 1:36:50 AM
She was a useless whore up until about level 25 for me, then she started using MP for all the right reasons and I just beat the final boss and she didn't die once and kept me alive. Between the 30s and now she's maybe died 2 or 3 times. She turned herself around for me and after I beefed up her electrongo's magic attack it turned into a total badass. Maybe give her and her familiars and different equips and put her on keep us healthy? Because she shouldn't be THAT useless.
#12kiki8QcPosted 1/30/2013 1:54:14 AM
Seems game informer was spot on!

Why are you letting them waste all their mp to start with? They dont have to. Why are you dying? Oliver has 100mp, his heal only cost 3mp, dr/strongo 4mp (slot only heal?! or with cheap mp spell?!). Both swaine and esther can kill stuff together with ease, always use attack leaders target and target specific ennemies. Are your familars geared, leveled and properly distributed among your team? I think there is a problem somewhere.

Post your familiar team and levels.
#13MercuryPSPPosted 1/30/2013 1:59:19 AM
Sounds like you dont have enough buffed physical familiars...meaning give each party member a good dmg dealer (non magic) in the first slot. If it is more powerful than the magic familiars, they will use them. Also, you might be a little undergeared or level, im farming outside of hamelin right now and i do about 8 battles before sleeping at the inn. Inn costs 140g, I make 200+g a fight...so its still well worth it.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/MercuryEQ
#14kiki8QcPosted 1/30/2013 2:02:32 AM
MercuryPSP posted...
Sounds like you dont have enough buffed physical familiars...meaning give each party member a good dmg dealer (non magic) in the first slot. If it is more powerful than the magic familiars, they will use them. Also, you might be a little undergeared or level, im farming outside of hamelin right now and i do about 8 battles before sleeping at the inn. Inn costs 140g, I make 200+g a fight...so its still well worth it.

Yes. Mite in 1, puss for another, monolith/little bighorn on third. Pretty sure its his familiar setup thats bad.
#15Dragonspawn1319Posted 1/30/2013 2:08:05 AM
I avoid using the "keep us healed" tactic myself because I notice that sometimes the ai will cast wasteful heal spells after only taking like 5 damage. For most of the game I've just used 'Support Us' and been fine, but sometimes I'll switch Esther to No Skills if she starts spamming her aoe attacks.
#16BrigadierSoloPosted 1/30/2013 2:08:38 AM
Here's an idea:

Control Esther yourself.
---
Pokemon Black FC: Cassidy - 4942 5818 2825
#17steker16Posted 1/30/2013 2:12:15 AM(edited)
yep im with you TC, im at the exact same point in the game and im on the verge of just walking away from the game. my favorite part is how esther and swaine will spend 60% of a fight without a familiar out at all just using their own basic attacks for 1 damage, unless i do "go all out" then they just blow all their mana on fight.
---
nomnomnom
#18kiki8QcPosted 1/30/2013 2:19:54 AM
Do you analyze what ennemies you are fighting?

Are you aware of your familiars weakness and ennemies element/weakness? When vs a pack you have to and you can: sleep/blind/crowd control, target the strongest ennemies first, target ennemies that aoe, target the healers/debuffers/crowd controllers, target the ones that have an element advantage over your familar etc etc..

So much info about ennemies can be found in the journal. Its worth knowing your ennemies. You cant just let the ai do whatever while you do your own stuff.
#19Fa1nTyPosted 1/30/2013 2:23:50 AM
$5 says OP didn't click "ok" when setting tactics

swaines magically disappearing 10 mp per battle.

yeahok
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#20kiki8QcPosted 1/30/2013 2:37:05 AM
In addition, the AI adjust to your target and will change familiar in consequences. In doing so, it'll try to avoid sending a familiar its weak to and exploit ennemies weakness/sign. That can often lead to familiars constantly switching and fudging up.

Btw, its not normal for the AI to attack on its own unless a monster got a pre-emtive surprise attack. If thats the case, the AI will take longer than you calling a familiar once the surprise attack time penalty is lifted. Otherwise its your own for not having a decent familiar setup.

Yes the AI suck but counter that by not sucking yourself.