That's it. I'm done.

#31Ultimate_BrolyPosted 1/30/2013 5:39:10 AM
Fa1nTy posted...
$5 says OP didn't click "ok" when setting tactics

swaines magically disappearing 10 mp per battle.

yeahok

Honestly I think it's this since even I didn't notice why my AI didn't do what I set it to until later on.
---
PSN: LastExile2
#32so2helpPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:44 AM
The Ai is pretty bad, but once you get some gear, and all out you manage easily.

tips

1)Set both esther and swaine to do whatever they want.
2)give ester a strong melee type and lvl him up (I use gold tin man). Set Drogo 2nd slot, whatever you want 3rd slot.
3)Swaine has the monkey+cap'n zombie,+ random familiar with a healing spell.

This set up has worked for me well, and I am hunting the first stone at the moment.

I can usually last going from 2 check points in the dungeon w/o consumables. If you set esther as healer i feel like she consumes her mp way to fast. having a 3rd familiar on swayne heal also removes pressure from her and saves some of her mp.

Also maximize all out/all defense
#33ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/30/2013 6:18:28 AM
DDR Midian posted...
I read a few reviews that said the combat seems a bit sloppy until you figure out how it works and then it becomes startlingly clever. I remember thinking when I read "loads of people just won't figure out how it works".

Indeed. It takes getting used to. And to get good, you need to make sure you know wtf you're doing when it comes to weaknesses and celestial signs.
#34MidgardDragon99Posted 1/30/2013 6:32:43 AM
How can people think the AI is bad much less that this game is hard? This game is SO flipping easy and I am really shocked how many whiners there are out there. Did you just do zero sidequests or something?
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#35Virtue777Posted 1/30/2013 6:39:09 AM
Another case of "I'm mad because I'm bad." Happens with pretty much every game.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#36lanifPosted 1/30/2013 6:48:04 AM
im over half way through the game need to get mornstar powered up and have had little problems yeah i have died a few time on a couple boss and i didn't even know that there was a tactics option for the AI will need to check it out.

But TC level up a bit or you just suck at rpgs the AI isn't as bad as you say
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#37ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/30/2013 6:49:30 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
How can people think the AI is bad much less that this game is hard? This game is SO flipping easy and I am really shocked how many whiners there are out there. Did you just do zero sidequests or something?

I think a lot of people just aren't strategizing or something :/
#38bob15xPosted 1/30/2013 7:03:50 AM
Tone_Ikasu posted...
hatredcopter posted...
Tone_Ikasu posted...
It's not that bad........ Beat the game without any of the difficulties you are having. Could just need to level more? Just.saying.

It's that bad, but the game is still playable.. kinda.

But it really isn't though lol. Yeah they use a lot of mana I will give you that but it's really not needed most of the time. I grinded for a good hour (while trying to catch a familiar) without going back into town and never had anyone die because they ran out of mana. Also as long as each person in your team has a good physical attack familiar they don't really spam there spells as much.

but that is the other problem. You are forced to grind for hours before moving to next area or you get absolutely destroyed. No amount of strategy will save you.

I love the game overall, but that is really turning me off. Don't force wasted grinds on me, it interrupts teh flow of the story. That is one of the biggest things I hate about jrpgs. As a culture they seem to think that boring hours of grinding is somehow fun.
#39ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/30/2013 7:10:35 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...
but that is the other problem. You are forced to grind for hours before moving to next area or you get absolutely destroyed. No amount of strategy will save you.

I love the game overall, but that is really turning me off. Don't force wasted grinds on me, it interrupts teh flow of the story. That is one of the biggest things I hate about jrpgs. As a culture they seem to think that boring hours of grinding is somehow fun.

It's fun to me... :| (it helps me get money/items, lol)

I think they just want you to try to prepare ahead of time just a bit. If you could cruise through the game easily without having to get a few more levels in, I am pretty sure most people would call this way too easy.

"Oh, this game is such a cakewalk! Why did they even bother making this into a game?"
#40NolaxPosted 1/30/2013 7:27:15 AM
Rage quit lol!