Hidden treasures

#1pirateswrath333Posted 1/30/2013 3:07:32 AM
Is there any way to tell which hidden treasures you have found on the world map and which ones you havn't found yet.
---
Xbox Live GT - I Aftershockk I PSN ID - Oxidationx
Games Anticipating: FFVsXIII
#2HaZZaRdbOyPosted 1/30/2013 3:37:54 AM
You will get a spell later that reveals the location of any chest on the map for a short period of time.

Just use the spell and look at the minimap to see what chests you haven't gotten yet.
#3HaZZaRdbOyPosted 1/30/2013 3:42:09 AM
I honestly didn't even know there were hidden chests in the world map until I got that spell. And some of these chests were really crappy weapon and armor that could be brought from the first town.

It's kinda pointless when you don't get hints to find those chests early in the game. I guess this is something that will only benefit those with the strategy guide. Finally getting the spell to just to find a wooden sword late in the game is... disappointingly pointless.
#4farbrorblaPosted 1/30/2013 4:36:47 AM
HaZZaRdbOy posted...
I honestly didn't even know there were hidden chests in the world map until I got that spell. And some of these chests were really crappy weapon and armor that could be brought from the first town.

It's kinda pointless when you don't get hints to find those chests early in the game. I guess this is something that will only benefit those with the strategy guide. Finally getting the spell to just to find a wooden sword late in the game is... disappointingly pointless.

You must have missed the meaning behind "hidden" chests.
---
Waiting for Ni no kuni (PS3), Final Fantasy X HD (PS3), Metro Last Light (PS3)
#5KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/30/2013 4:38:31 AM
farbrorbla posted...
HaZZaRdbOy posted...

Lol.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#6Happily NeuroticPosted 1/30/2013 4:40:35 AM
HaZZaRdbOy posted...

1. Open up the Wizard's Companion.
2. Go to the Areas of the World section.
3. Look at the map.
4. ???
5. Profit.
---
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's any evidence of thinking going on inside it." Terry Pratchett
#7HaZZaRdbOyPosted 1/30/2013 4:40:44 AM
farbrorbla posted...

No I got the meaning entirely. But what's the point when there is no clues of any hidden chests until you actually find the spell to reveal them when you're already halfway through the game. Especially chests that are useless starter weapons that obviously isn't any bit useful for you at that point in the game.
#8TiaelPosted 1/30/2013 4:43:00 AM(edited)
Or one could take a peek in the Wizard Companion for the region you're in, see these mysterious keyholes and other such symbols and go check out that area in the world.

That's how I found them.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#9artemis21Posted 1/30/2013 5:05:04 AM
I accidentally opened one on the world map mashing the circle button while running around forests/trees. Been doing that since.
#10MidgardDragon99Posted 1/30/2013 5:40:21 AM
Tiael posted...
Or one could take a peek in the Wizard Companion for the region you're in, see these mysterious keyholes and other such symbols and go check out that area in the world.

That's how I found them.

Some people don't like having to actually figure out secrets via the actual clues, they just want to complain that there are no clues even though there are, apparently.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon