Good Magical Attackers

#1shadowsxfallPosted 1/30/2013 5:07:57 PM
I am trying to put together a balanced familiar team for esther and need some suggestions. I'm still pretty early in the game (Just got the boat) and so far I have her equipped with Strongo, Sprout Sprite, and a Bone Ranger for Swain when I get to him. I want to have a balanced mage team where there is one super healer, one multi element mage, and a tanky mage. Not sure if some of those exist but some close suggestions could help.
#2thundy84Posted 1/30/2013 5:11:52 PM
1.) Lagoon Naiad - one of the best healers in the game - islands to the east of Castaway Cove, the ones with has atolls

2.) Turbandit - fast attack fast movement speed, great spells (storm + fire), great magic attack - desert area around Al Mamoon
---
PSN: thundy84
#3kkeevvPosted 1/30/2013 5:13:17 PM
Tanky mage would be Lumberwood, on No Longer Mine island.
---
Check out my quote.
#4shadowsxfall(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:14:08 PM
thundy84 posted...
1.) Lagoon Naiad - one of the best healers in the game - islands to the east of Castaway Cove, the ones with has atolls

2.) Turbandit - fast attack fast movement speed, great spells (storm + fire), great magic attack - desert area around Al Mamoon

Thanks for the reply, any other good aoe magical attackers?
#5shadowsxfall(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:59:56 PM
Btw I forgot to ask, what version of the familiar should I metamorphosis on the lagoon naiad and the turbandit? Which of the two choices are better?
#6Zio_DynePosted 1/30/2013 9:07:14 PM
Shonky Honker apparently ends up with the highest magic stat in the game, though it's a slow build.
More importantly than that, he's hilarious; hopping around and tooting his nose-horn in the face of monsters that tower over him.
Something about fusing small animals with musical instruments...
It never fails >.<.
#7thundy84Posted 1/30/2013 10:55:21 PM
shadowsxfall posted...
Btw I forgot to ask, what version of the familiar should I metamorphosis on the lagoon naiad and the turbandit? Which of the two choices are better?

It's really personal preference. For Turbandit, I went with Turban Myth because I needed fire attacks. For Lagoon Naiad, I preferred Greater Naiad because it has access to Upsy Daisy (heal) + Aurora Curealis (Field Heal + Status Ailment Cure) + Twinkle Twinkle (Field Light Attack).
---
#8tsukia8Posted 1/30/2013 11:34:06 PM
Greater Naiad is definitely the way to go.
---
ZoSo! - Ni No Kuni: WotWW is taking over ROdyssey.
#9Hyperion_DarkPosted 1/30/2013 11:44:19 PM
Phantasma is also extremely good.

Acee is as well.
---
PSN: Jorge_JavierX
()zzzzzzzzzz[]XX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::XX[]zzzzzzzzzz()
#10thundy84Posted 1/30/2013 11:59:05 PM
Yes, I have a Phantasma as well. It's an extremely good familiar for Dark/Fire. Acee, from the stats, looks great as well, but I haven't been able to catch the first form. =\ LoL
---