GODDAMN that game guide is so expensive now!

#1Capitan_KidPosted 1/30/2013 4:41:13 PM
Nobody has it in stock and the people who do are selling it for super ****ing high prices. Such a cruel world.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#2stekim40Posted 1/30/2013 4:43:25 PM
You don't actually need it, it'll only spoil your game.
I'm glad its expensive, imo its lunacy to blow 40 on a game 20 on a guide and just sit there following the guide page by page.. great way to waste an excellent game imo.
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#3liltaggPosted 1/30/2013 4:46:46 PM
Some people buy guides because they like them, not to be given a walkthrough.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#4ry_mannPosted 1/30/2013 4:47:28 PM
You think that's bad? Look at the Griffy codes. I was bidding on one but some ass has autobid turned on. Tempted to just pump it to $99.99 so the jerk has to pay $100+
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#5stekim40Posted 1/30/2013 4:47:44 PM
liltagg posted...
Some people buy guides because they like them, not to be given a walkthrough.

Well thats a valid reason and I'm sure those people won't mind waiting a month or two for prices to drop.
---
#6IMRavnosPosted 1/30/2013 4:48:14 PM
Hardly anyone does that however.

I bought a guide because I like reading about the games I am playing and I just make sure not to look at spoilers in the guide.

Besides the guide has a bunch of Art and interviews in the back and also lists Alchemy recipes ( although many are wrong ) and it list Familiar stats which helps to plan which I want to recruit and which to just put out of their mysery when they are ready to be serenaded.

It's a fairly decent guide but I would not pay $40 for it.

I got it for less, not Amazon less, but less.
#7ry_mannPosted 1/30/2013 4:49:21 PM
It's a pretty well put together guide actually though. It gives you a very clear cut direction but doesn't always show you EXACTLY where something is.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#8jackstar_rockPosted 1/30/2013 4:50:53 PM
There are some minor typos in it according to some users. Wrong gems feed, wrong steal items etc. NnK has attracted many players to write faqs for it, it won't be long before all the correct information you need ends up here.

Unless you're buying it to collect...in which your best bet is to wait for a reprint. Otherwise, why didn't you pre-order it when online stores are giving massive 50% discounts off the MSRP?
#9Nophoria88Posted 1/30/2013 4:52:48 PM
stekim40 posted...
You don't actually need it, it'll only spoil your game.
I'm glad its expensive, imo its lunacy to blow 40 on a game 20 on a guide and just sit there following the guide page by page.. great way to waste an excellent game imo.

Don't listen to him, he's anti-guide preaching in every topic about the guide. It was only 23 on amazon, I'm super happy with it even though it has some dents in it lol. The familiar section is very helpful, it has 41 pages at the back dedicated to interviews and artwork and that doesn't include the artwork scattered throughout the guide. Not to mention that every page is filled with pictures. Shows all the familiars for each region and shows their stat comparisons for evolutions.

It's also nice to have a Ni No Kuni product besides the game and the fact that it's such high quality and filled with content is great. I don't read it as I play, I'll check the guide part after I finish to see anything I might have missed, as I plan on doing a second play through.
#10stekim40Posted 1/30/2013 5:02:36 PM
The best thing I've seen related to the guild is this quote from GAME.

'This book contains a detailed but spoiler-free walkthrough of the entire game'

uh.. what? LOL, it doesn't make sense. how can it be spoiler free yet show you the complete game? :D
---