Ni No Kuni confirmed for children.

#11boring_namePosted 1/31/2013 9:03:00 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
boring_name posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Hey guys I'm not saying it's a children's only game and that it's only for children. Hell, I'm playing it and I'm enjoying it a lot. Just saying it was confirmed to have children as their target audience.

Why are you posting this exactly?

So we could discuss what the creator of Ni No Kuni intended this game to be, while in its message board?

I'm not sure why it matters. Also you didn't focus on what he intended it to be, instead you focused on "who" it was for, why?
#12toadiemanPosted 1/31/2013 9:03:43 AM
It's E for everyone.
---
PSN: toadieman
#13MidgardDragon99Posted 1/31/2013 9:04:58 AM
Pixar, one of the greatest studios of our time, is also solely for children just because they had children in mind when making their movies.

Eff that.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#14LeanaunfurledPosted 1/31/2013 9:05:54 AM
Spike21 posted...
If people would stop responding to these topics, they would probably go away.

Yes I know the irony here.

But it's fun.

Hino also talks about it here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/ni-no-kuni-the-interview

What do you want players to feel as they explore this world? What are the emotions you are hoping to reach?

We would love you to experience the excitement of going on an adventure, as well as the feeling of returning to your childhood, while you play through this game we have prepared for you. Further, it would make us happy if younger players could live out their dreams and the spirit of adventure through this title, as they also think about the importance of their own loved ones, such as their family and friends.

Doesn't make it confirmed for children.

I'll just quote this since it's being ignored.
---
http://i.imgur.com/INrw2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4RgpO.gif
#15Arsene-LupinPosted 1/31/2013 9:06:10 AM
NNK is very clearly, very obviously designed to be accessible to very, very young children.

I think even the most ardent of NNK fanboys here can agree to that.

But you know what? The Hobbit was written for young children, too. As were a host of other awesome books, stories, televisions shows, movies, games, etc. Being made for children is not a "bad" thing. If anything, we should all be glad Level 5 is making JRPGs for children (for EVERYONE) because the alternative is otaku-pandering garbage.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#16kupo1705Posted 1/31/2013 9:11:35 AM
toadieman posted...
It's E for everyone.

It's 12+ here.
#17SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:14:34 AM
By the way, don't you guys think the combat may be a little hard for children? There's something about that small window of opportunity to defend and sharing the same health and the counter attack mechanic that seems unforgiving.

Just saying.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#18DarcKagePosted 1/31/2013 9:16:47 AM(edited)
I think most people on this board realize that the intended audience was mostly for children.

And then what? So was My Little Pony, but we all know what happened to that, lol.

SHMYazoo posted...
By the way, don't you guys think the combat may be a little hard for children

Nah, I dont think so. Kids can sometimes figure things out a lot faster than adults when it comes to games like these.

---
Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles, League of Legends, Dota 2, Dark Souls
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening
#19LinktoDrinkPosted 1/31/2013 9:18:53 AM
Call of Duty is made for adults, yet is populated mainly with 10-16 year olds.

Pokemon is made for kids, yet is populated with adult gamers.

The thing is that American kids have not even heard of Ni No Kuni. It's a hardcore game. Plus it's really emotional at points. They have Drippy doing goofy things in the background to make kids laugh or whatever, but the main story actually going on is for adults.
#20boring_namePosted 1/31/2013 9:20:50 AM
LinktoDrink posted...
Call of Duty is made for adults, yet is populated mainly with 10-16 year olds.

Pokemon is made for kids, yet is populated with adult gamers.

The thing is that American kids have not even heard of Ni No Kuni. It's a hardcore game. Plus it's really emotional at points. They have Drippy doing goofy things in the background to make kids laugh or whatever, but the main story actually going on is for adults.

Regardless of how much you might dislike COD this isn't true.