Ni No Kuni confirmed for children.

#21SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:21:48 AM
LinktoDrink posted...
Call of Duty is made for adults, yet is populated mainly with 10-16 year olds.

Pokemon is made for kids, yet is populated with adult gamers.

The thing is that American kids have not even heard of Ni No Kuni. It's a hardcore game. Plus it's really emotional at points. They have Drippy doing goofy things in the background to make kids laugh or whatever, but the main story actually going on is for adults.

I disagree. It's as profound as Lion King, death of a parent and all. How is it a hardcore game, in your opinion?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#22Thanatos2kPosted 1/31/2013 9:22:31 AM
Toy Story is for children too, but I bet you've watched it.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#23MoooglemanPosted 1/31/2013 9:24:50 AM
it's also e10+ but whatever. it's stated several times in the guide they want to feel like playing through a ghbli film where kids can feel awe and adults can feel like kids again, It's basically only confirming what everyone has always said it's a family game. the same way ghbli or some one else mentioned pixar are family films
#24VitharPosted 1/31/2013 9:26:44 AM
lol who cares? Are you on gamefaqs to validate your manhood? Are you that insecure?
I'm 43, married, 2 kids and am enjoying the heck out of this game. I don't care of it's made for babies or grandmothers. It entertains me and that's what I play games for. :)
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#25LinktoDrinkPosted 1/31/2013 9:31:25 AM
Mooogleman posted...
it's also e10+ but whatever. it's stated several times in the guide they want to feel like playing through a ghbli film where kids can feel awe and adults can feel like kids again, It's basically only confirming what everyone has always said it's a family game. the same way ghbli or some one else mentioned pixar are family films

Yeah, that's exactly it. Ghibli films and this game have this amazing power to take me back to the innocence of childhood. To me, that makes them great for adults. They're certainly not on par with the crap kids shows and movies made in America today that no adult could ever enjoy. For something to be completely appropriate and enjoyable for kids and yet delightful for adults is a huge achievement.
#26SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:32:05 AM
Vithar posted...
lol who cares? Are you on gamefaqs to validate your manhood? Are you that insecure?
I'm 43, married, 2 kids and am enjoying the heck out of this game. I don't care of it's made for babies or grandmothers. It entertains me and that's what I play games for. :)

Calm down, man. Read the rest of the messages.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#27SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:33:14 AM
LinktoDrink posted...
Mooogleman posted...

Yeah, that's exactly it. Ghibli films and this game have this amazing power to take me back to the innocence of childhood. To me, that makes them great for adults. They're certainly not on par with the crap kids shows and movies made in America today that no adult could ever enjoy. For something to be completely appropriate and enjoyable for kids and yet delightful for adults is a huge achievement.

I think so too. I believe people have taken this topic the wrong way at first. Why are people so defensive when they read something was made "for children"?
---
#28NicoGrimmPosted 1/31/2013 9:34:41 AM
Disney and Pixar animated movies are "for children".

And yet, I can't name a sngle person who doesn't enjoy them.

Same applies.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#29terminal21Posted 1/31/2013 9:41:00 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
I think so too. I believe people have taken this topic the wrong way at first. Why are people so defensive when they read something was made "for children"?

Because this has been a popular troll topic for weeks. It's not new information. You've added absolutely nothing to the discussion. You didn't use the search box to see the 100 other similarly titled topics. Etc etc.

I can't answer why people could possibly care what some turds on a forum think about a game that's entertaining them. People who need validation are insecure. Simple as that.
#30aangozaiPosted 1/31/2013 9:51:08 AM
the game itself is ... not too hard, especially if you play on easy, but you need to grind, backtrack, find materials, etc. a kid would get bored easily. I play the game, with my little sister next to me, while i just explain the story.