Ni No Kuni confirmed for children.

#51RedCrossKnightPosted 1/31/2013 2:06:34 PM
When I think of a game "for children" I think of the terrible movie games that are so basic, so boring, and so poorly designed that only an inexperienced child would bother to play through them.

Ni no kuni, on the other hand, could be for anyone because ( like the first kingdom hearts ) I think most people would find it fun to play regardless of age. There's also the fact that it doesn't suck and have you picking up tokens or scooby snacks through linear, dull levels.
#52LightRukiaPosted 1/31/2013 2:21:44 PM
The first fifteen minutes of Up are testament enough that media geared towards children can still be meaningful to adults...

(I'm a College student but still a sucker for Pixar movies)

I don't know why people keep saying that Pixar movies are geared towards children. They're really family films, which means they're movies made to appeal to different age groups. Same with Disney films, even Walt Disney himself admitted at one time to not liking movies that only appeal to children so he tried to make his movies appeal to all ages.

I mean, don't get me wrong there are indeed movies, tv shows etc that made for children. I still enjoy my childhood cartoons (even recently bought the dvds for myself) and I still enjoy watching some of the new cartoons for kids. So don't think that I'm just a person who doesn't want to admit that I like something made for kids.

There is media though that doesn't have a specific age group or audience. This is actually what NNK is, a game made for all ages. There is some childish moments in the game but family media is always going to have stuff like that to help keep the children entertained.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3pdnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mH6dQ.gif
#53Ginol_EnamPosted 1/31/2013 2:25:37 PM
LightRukia posted...
The first fifteen minutes of Up are testament enough that media geared towards children can still be meaningful to adults...

(I'm a College student but still a sucker for Pixar movies)

I don't know why people keep saying that Pixar movies are geared towards children. They're really family films, which means they're movies made to appeal to different age groups. Same with Disney films, even Walt Disney himself admitted at one time to not liking movies that only appeal to children so he tried to make his movies appeal to all ages.

I mean, don't get me wrong there are indeed movies, tv shows etc that made for children. I still enjoy my childhood cartoons (even recently bought the dvds for myself) and I still enjoy watching some of the new cartoons for kids. So don't think that I'm just a person who doesn't want to admit that I like something made for kids.

There is media though that doesn't have a specific age group or audience. This is actually what NNK is, a game made for all ages. There is some childish moments in the game but family media is always going to have stuff like that to help keep the children entertained.

People sometimes confuse, I think, "appropriate for children" as meaning "intended for children."