Did any of you play Blue Dragon?

#21stekim40Posted 1/31/2013 4:43:03 PM
I have it but haven't played for more than about 1 hour. (they JUST got their shadows)
I really dislike the main character so I put the game in my 'Might never play again' shelf.
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#22LZettaPosted 1/31/2013 4:52:23 PM
I played and enjoyed the hell out of it. Especially the most wildly inappropriate boss music ever,damn song is stuck in my head forever.
#23ThierrymonPosted 1/31/2013 4:54:36 PM
I bought it when it was released but really wasn't a huge fan. I remember there being one character that just drove me nuts.
#24RoarisPosted 1/31/2013 4:58:07 PM
Edge4o7_ posted...
I played the demo, and because the job system reminded me very heavily of Final Fantasy 5 (my favorite class system in a game, period), I really wanted to give it a shot. All I've heard are bad things about it though.

The job and battle systems were actually my favorite part of the game. The story is pretty cliche, but the art work and scenery is pretty cool. Basically if you don't mind a predictable story and fairly bad voice acting, everything else is fun.
#25el_pablo65Posted 1/31/2013 5:05:03 PM
I loved the art style, but not the characters (or story so much). Really liked the combat system, but hated the combat music. That stupid Iron Maiden sounding metal tune for boss battles went on and on. Just dreadful.

Played my way into disk two and gave up on it. Pity, as I still have a 360 and no killer app for it (not even plugged up anymore).
---
super.....human....androids
#26Spike21Posted 1/31/2013 5:15:48 PM
It was ok, but I couldn't get into it. I found the environments a little bland, the characters weren't very likable, and the enemy designs poor. (Poo? Really?)
---
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.
#27ChronuxPosted 1/31/2013 5:41:25 PM
IMRavnos posted...
Bought it used, played for about 8 hours and just could not get into it so I took it back.

Later they started airing the extremely mediocre Anime on I think Cartoon network and I actually bought it again and had it for over a year and never opened it. Ended up trading it in for more then I paid for it.

Sakaguchi sucks. Further proof that the old FF games were more about his underlings then his horrible skills as a creator. Hell Just look at that hideously re-tar-ded Movie he made that bankrupt Squaresoft and forced the Square-Enix merger.

Lost odyssey - horrible
Blue Dragon - Horrible
Blue Dragon DS game - actually kind of mediocre
Last Story - don't know don't care. Heard it was fun and then suddenly ended so fast it was jarring.

Lost Odyssey horrible? LOL you just lost all credibility.
#28MarblesbunbunPosted 1/31/2013 6:02:32 PM
IMRavnos posted...
Bought it used, played for about 8 hours and just could not get into it so I took it back.

Later they started airing the extremely mediocre Anime on I think Cartoon network and I actually bought it again and had it for over a year and never opened it. Ended up trading it in for more then I paid for it.

Sakaguchi sucks. Further proof that the old FF games were more about his underlings then his horrible skills as a creator. Hell Just look at that hideously re-tar-ded Movie he made that bankrupt Squaresoft and forced the Square-Enix merger.

Lost odyssey - horrible
Blue Dragon - Horrible
Blue Dragon DS game - actually kind of mediocre
Last Story - don't know don't care. Heard it was fun and then suddenly ended so fast it was jarring.

Lost Odyssey was amazing and felt like the true successor to the FF Franchise.
Blue Dragon was fun in a comical/cartoon sort of way, plot was throw away but the mechanics and combat was great
BD:DS both were total crap.
Last Story I'm trying to love but... I'm having alot of trouble. The fact all combat is is "Hold analog toward enemy and you auto attack" is jarringly simple.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#29bandMPosted 1/31/2013 6:34:38 PM(edited)
Marblesbunbun posted...

Last Story I'm trying to love but... I'm having alot of trouble. The fact all combat is is "Hold analog toward enemy and you auto attack" is jarringly simple.

What? There is a option to change it to manual attack.

I liked Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is my favorite rpg of this generation.
#30stekim40Posted 1/31/2013 6:32:39 PM
I also think Lost Odyssey is horrible.

I've had it for ages and have tried to play it 12-15 times but its mind numbingly boring and dull.
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3