Did any of you play Blue Dragon?

#31FoofyheadPosted 1/31/2013 6:36:00 PM
bandM posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

Last Story I'm trying to love but... I'm having alot of trouble. The fact all combat is is "Hold analog toward enemy and you auto attack" is jarringly simple.

What? There is a option to change it to manual attack.

I liked Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is my favorite rpg of this generation.

ITT, people don't know what options in games are, eh?
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#32IMRavnosPosted 1/31/2013 6:40:53 PM
Foofyhead posted...
Sakaguchi had nothing to do with the DS BD games. Unless he started working for D3 or Ignition, Tri-Crescendo, Brownie Brown, or something.

Which would explain it being kinda mediocre instead of bad.

I enjoyed Lost odyssey up until the Kids joined. At that point the game became unbearable. It made no flippin sense at all. It would be akin to Soldiers during WWII or Vietnam taking their 9 year olds with them because they had grown up using hunting rifles.

Kaim started off as sympathetic and interesting ( 1000 years of dreams is still some of the best writing of any game ever PERIOD ) and then Kaim became a complete emo motard.

Also the combat was shallow and boring. ooh a timing ring and then a crappy camera angle as your shallow cookie cutter character runs forward and does a boring attack in an outdated Turn based JRPG way just like hundreds of other JRPG characters have since the NES era.

NNK is superior in every single way with the exception of the 1000 years of dreams stories which make the stories in the Wizards Companion look amateurish at best.
#33louis2828Posted 1/31/2013 6:55:21 PM
i frickin' loved that game.....one of the best jrpg's ive personally played
#34JirynPosted 1/31/2013 7:12:18 PM
bandM posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

Last Story I'm trying to love but... I'm having alot of trouble. The fact all combat is is "Hold analog toward enemy and you auto attack" is jarringly simple.

What? There is a option to change it to manual attack.

I liked Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is my favorite rpg of this generation.

I did not know that, I've not even exited the first dungeon honestly.
I was doing the tutorials and the simplicity of the combat, and sheer lack of "Weight" kind of let me down.
Your character goes hog wild, attacking with effort and force but non of it is shown. You don't knock back the enemies, or even slow them. It just feels like you're swinging at air.

Plot on the other hand is amazing.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#35heartlessprinnyPosted 1/31/2013 7:14:08 PM
Yeah, it was decent. It had annoying characters, and the worst boss battle track in history.
#36Sioneth77Posted 1/31/2013 7:19:23 PM
Played it, beat it, it was ok.
---
Forever thankful of the people at http://mother3.fobby.net
#37tsukia8Posted 1/31/2013 7:36:17 PM
IMRavnos posted...
Foofyhead posted...
Sakaguchi had nothing to do with the DS BD games. Unless he started working for D3 or Ignition, Tri-Crescendo, Brownie Brown, or something.

I enjoyed Lost odyssey up until the Kids joined. At that point the game became unbearable. It made no flippin sense at all. It would be akin to Soldiers during WWII or Vietnam taking their 9 year olds with them because they had grown up using hunting rifles.

Kaim started off as sympathetic and interesting ( 1000 years of dreams is still some of the best writing of any game ever PERIOD ) and then Kaim became a complete emo motard.

Also the combat was shallow and boring. ooh a timing ring and then a crappy camera angle as your shallow cookie cutter character runs forward and does a boring attack in an outdated Turn based JRPG way just like hundreds of other JRPG characters have since the NES era.

NNK is superior in every single way with the exception of the 1000 years of dreams stories which make the stories in the Wizards Companion look amateurish at best.

Yeah, the kid part was really forgettable. That was truly its only flaw IMO, a blackeye; a massive one actually.

Anyway, the whole game, while being a slow and traditional RPG, truly had the Final Fantasy feeling of old times. A true FF successor.
---
ZoSo! - Ni No Kuni: WotWW is taking over ROdyssey.
#38JRPGPosted 1/31/2013 7:46:24 PM
I really couldn't get into it. Played only 6 hours and never went back. Losr oddyssey on the other hand is amazing. Played it again.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#39JirynPosted 1/31/2013 8:45:15 PM
tsukia8 posted...
IMRavnos posted...
Foofyhead posted...

Yeah, the kid part was really forgettable. That was truly its only flaw IMO, a blackeye; a massive one actually.

Anyway, the whole game, while being a slow and traditional RPG, truly had the Final Fantasy feeling of old times. A true FF successor.

Exactly how I felt, it felt like a REAL FF game, that 10, 12 and 13 should have been.

However my favorite RPG this gen is Star Ocean Last Hope.
I am starting Xenoblade after I beat Ni No Kuni.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.