wont i look stupid as as adult

#61SSj7CloudSPosted 1/31/2013 10:27:23 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
You don't type like an adult, so don't worry about it.

JuanZolo posted...
You already look stupid. Might as well play the game now.

These are the correct replies.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#62ultronPosted 1/31/2013 10:31:15 PM
ssufurjin posted...
I really don't get it. I have a friend that simply refuses to play this game because he "can't imagine a kid doing all that stuff" and "what's with the child protagonist???"

Your friend and I might get along...
I'm not a fan of this game because I've played my share of child protagonist jrpgs.
There's only so much you can do with the age limitation of the main character in term of plot and development.
And having the Ghibli effect is a double edged sword, not all of their works are great or received well by everyone. Same can be said for this game, it's simply not for some people, no matter how great others may like it.
#63AtalalamaPosted 1/31/2013 11:08:11 PM
ffxblak12 posted...
to be playing this game?

I mean it has a childish look

Dude, I'm in my 30's, and I'm loving this game. Yeah, it looks like a cartoon/anime. What's the point? It still looks, sounds, & plays amazing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to replaying Kingdom Hearts.
#64AzmuhPosted 1/31/2013 11:13:44 PM
MyzticRedPanda posted...
as as

I hate to interrupt this riveting discussion, but this had me rolling and shaking my head.
---
SPINNINGU BIRDO KEECKU
#65AereonusPosted 1/31/2013 11:59:25 PM
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
-C.S. Lewis
---
I am kind and courteous to everyone I meet but have a plan to kill them quickly if necessary.
#66SkyeZouLPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:04 AM
If other people judge me about playing games like this one i dont care.. I will play what i want

PSN ID: SkyeZouL
#67Jon_GodPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:26 AM
Who cares? We all still watch Pixar movies, Harry Potter broke records, and Disney is still a household name.

If you think the fact that a kid is the main character would make you look stupid for trying to relate to him, it sounds like in some way you are insecure.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#68BirdPwNz100Posted 2/1/2013 12:17:03 AM
ffxblak12 posted...
to be playing this game?

I mean it has a childish look

Dude, I'm in my 30's, and I'm loving this game. Yeah, it looks like a cartoon/anime. What's the point? It still looks, sounds, & plays amazing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to replaying Kingdom Hearts.

Sad to say this is the only mature post in the entire thread.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#69Thanatos2kPosted 2/1/2013 2:01:05 AM
HelIWithoutSin posted...
And yet TC doesn't care how he looks while catching his Pokemon.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/64387021

Busted.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#70KainDjinnPosted 2/1/2013 2:08:51 AM
I'm 25 years old. In 17 days I'm going to start Navy basic training.

This game is ******* amazing.
---
It was much higher priority for them to make pokemon out of an ice cream cone and a bag of trash. - Number43
GT: Kain Djinn PSN: mlsterben 3DS: 2793-0922-1840