wont i look stupid as as adult

#71dark trunksPosted 2/2/2013 3:19:50 PM
godslayer61 posted...
heartlessprinny posted...
No, but your horrible grammar sure makes you look stupid.

yes runnn its the grammar police,get a life narco

You know, you say that as though someone should not be proud of actually spelling words correctly. In fact, I have noticed an increase in people who seem to be proud of the fact that they don't take the time to spell words correctly, and they belittle people who do.

These are the basics we are all taught at school. It isn't hard, and being on the internet is no excuse for poor spelling and lack of punctuation. The English language does not exist to be butchered by people like you.

And more often than not I don't really care, nor do I bother to mention anything. But personally, and I can't speak for anyone else, I am tired of being ridiculed by people who are blatantly too lazy to put the effort in, when they should be ashamed of the fact they are too lazy to use the English language correctly.

And for the record, your sentence should have read - "Yes, run! It's the grammar police. Get a life narco."

Capital Y, ' before the s, and I dare say a full stop instead of , at the end of police. Or at least a space if you're going to use , .

Call me whatever you want, but I'd sooner take pride in typing out good sentences, than be a lazy git and look like a fool. There's even a spellchecker, man. So there really is no excuse. I've even spoken text chat and voice chat to people from Holland and Germany, and countless other European and Asian countries, who type better than some of the English/American users on this website, for **** sake. You have no good excuse for it at all.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#72pippa_bPosted 2/2/2013 3:28:27 PM
Clogged_Artery posted...
I am 31 and bought the game today

Lol, also 31 :)

Its like a trip down memory lane, except i can play the characters now.

Even if people think you look stupid or childish, I'm sure you have other qualities that bring you "up" to their supposed levels. And they have stuff that you deem stupid, I'm sure. It's all relative. ;)

To each his own.
#73donutmanstormPosted 2/2/2013 3:30:23 PM
who cares?

buy it online if you fear getting judged.
---
Currently Playing - No No Kuni
Waiting For - Nothing.
#74Singularity_UKPosted 2/2/2013 4:13:29 PM
Walked into GAME on the way back from the gym, tank top under hoodie and bursting with pump. Took a copy to the counter, told the guy I couldn't wait to play it.

Not a single odd look was dared.
#75king_maddenPosted 2/2/2013 4:29:58 PM
dark trunks posted...
godslayer61 posted...

You know, you say that as though someone should not be proud of actually spelling words correctly. In fact, I have noticed an increase in people who seem to be proud of the fact that they don't take the time to spell words correctly, and they belittle people who do.

These are the basics we are all taught at school. It isn't hard, and being on the internet is no excuse for poor spelling and lack of punctuation. The English language does not exist to be butchered by people like you.

And more often than not I don't really care, nor do I bother to mention anything. But personally, and I can't speak for anyone else, I am tired of being ridiculed by people who are blatantly too lazy to put the effort in, when they should be ashamed of the fact they are too lazy to use the English language correctly.

And for the record, your sentence should have read - "Yes, run! It's the grammar police. Get a life narco."

Capital Y, ' before the s, and I dare say a full stop instead of , at the end of police. Or at least a space if you're going to use , .

Call me whatever you want, but I'd sooner take pride in typing out good sentences, than be a lazy git and look like a fool. There's even a spellchecker, man. So there really is no excuse. I've even spoken text chat and voice chat to people from Holland and Germany, and countless other European and Asian countries, who type better than some of the English/American users on this website, for **** sake. You have no good excuse for it at all.

or people just dont care. theres nothing wrong with being anal about it, but theres nothing wrong with not caring. on here i rarely use correct punctuation or even capitalize letters, but offline im good at my job and constantly have to type up reports and presentations. so its quicker to type this way and just be lazy. people still know what im saying, or getting at.

so its like yes people on gamefaqs may think im lazy and a fool, but once i sign off you all vanish and none of you matter, lol no one here should actually care what anyone else here says
#76Dark_FluxPosted 2/2/2013 4:35:11 PM
Maybe stop playing your Ps3 in a crowded area TC.
---
PSN ID : Dark-Flux2
#77Stab_SnipersPosted 2/2/2013 4:37:44 PM
I'm 27 years old and I still play Earthbound, unashamed I might add. Don't be so insecure TC.
#78dark trunksPosted 2/2/2013 5:37:45 PM
king_madden posted...
dark trunks posted...
godslayer61 posted...

or people just dont care. theres nothing wrong with being anal about it, but theres nothing wrong with not caring. on here i rarely use correct punctuation or even capitalize letters, but offline im good at my job and constantly have to type up reports and presentations. so its quicker to type this way and just be lazy. people still know what im saying, or getting at.

so its like yes people on gamefaqs may think im lazy and a fool, but once i sign off you all vanish and none of you matter, lol no one here should actually care what anyone else here says

I'm sorry, but that's no excuse at all. People should care about using the correct spelling and punctuation, and there is something wrong if you don't care. By typing like idiots, I'd dare say that would be one of the contributing factors for the generation of morons who actually think they're not spelling any words wrong at all. They see everyone else do it. I also find it incredibly difficult to believe you write reports and presentations for your work, then you just decide as soon as you get home to switch it off simply because it's quicker. I do a lot of writing myself, and I would never switch off simply because it's "easier".

But that is also a poor excuse, as well. I can safely say I have never had any issues with my typing speed using the correct spellings and punctuation, an if anything it takes one additional second of your time to use the capital letters and the correct marks. So don't pull that one because it makes it sound as though you'd be spending five minutes typing out a sentence instead of 4 lazy seconds, when I'm certain it would take you the same amount of time, if not a couple of seconds longer to get it right.

But essentially you confirmed what I thought. It's just laziness. Plain and simple. You said it yourself.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#79mangafan1234Posted 2/2/2013 5:42:55 PM
I created Oliver's starter outfit *red cape, wand holder etc) for myself, a 29 year old man, and i walk around town wearing it.
when i was asked by an embarrassed policeman "excuse me sir, but err, are you "special" i replied " of course, aren't we all?" and carried on.
#80ShaltiarPosted 2/2/2013 6:02:45 PM
ffxblak12 posted...
to be playing this game?

I mean it has a childish look

Compared to what? Mario? Sonic? Young Link at the beginning of OoT? Seriously these topics are stupid and trollish. Don't want to play one of the best RPGs to come around in a very long time because you are afraid of what people will think? Then don't play it. Your loss.
---
3DS FC: 4940 6474 9969
PSN: Shaltiar, SC2: Shaltiar