Didn't find the stand up comedy funny but...mild spoilers

#11FoofyheadPosted 2/1/2013 9:30:09 AM
Most of the spells are for fairies. And since Oliver isn't a fairy, he can't use them...
---
Abra-kaflippin-dabra! Here goes!
#12blubagaPosted 2/1/2013 9:57:42 AM
Hikarel posted...
The comedy section didn't translate well, really. It made much more sense in Japanese, and the style of comedy, "tsukkomi and boke", is easily recognisable for anyone who was brought up in Japan.

I don't really get why people say that is didn't translate well. To me it sounded like some old Monty Python which was refreshing.
---
Onimusha HD trilogy, make it happen Capcom.
#13Shiek_2002Posted 2/1/2013 1:52:11 PM
blubaga posted...
Hikarel posted...
The comedy section didn't translate well, really. It made much more sense in Japanese, and the style of comedy, "tsukkomi and boke", is easily recognisable for anyone who was brought up in Japan.

I don't really get why people say that is didn't translate well. To me it sounded like some old Monty Python which was refreshing.

Yeah I actually found it to be rather British in its approach, which made it even more endearing coming from the Welsh faeries of a Japanese game.
---
PSN - Homey_Christ
#14Thanatos2kPosted 2/1/2013 1:54:17 PM
Yeah the explanation of mommy's "back entrance" was far more amusing....and disturbing.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#15liquiddeath21Posted 2/1/2013 1:55:40 PM
I laughed more in Hamelin...."unless we find some giant helmets"
---
PSN: iyaoyas21
....NISA, SideQuestStudios, Xseed, Atlus...
#16ArreiPosted 2/1/2013 1:57:29 PM
I just didn't get the punchline. Was it even a punchline?
#17King of KillersPosted 2/1/2013 2:05:34 PM
i laughed a lot at the tsukkomi/boke routine between smiley and surly. loved that they gave it a really british twist. like what others said, reminded me of monty python.
---
Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit
Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost