Gold hurly and hurly have the exact same stats at lvl 21!?

#1JRPGPosted 2/1/2013 6:48:06 AM
Considering replacing both too. What's special about the gold?
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#2rezzahPosted 2/1/2013 6:55:50 AM
From what I've read there is no difference except for colour.

Stats are random so at level 21 the Gold guy can have better or worse stats.
---
PSN:Crawling_Chaos
I own a Vita too.
#3Milox3Posted 2/1/2013 7:22:50 PM
I think the difference is the cap level, Hurley will cap at some point while Gold will go all the way to 99, then you metamorph at that level and you will see that the 2nd form have different stats at same level.
---
3DS: 3265 5151 2528
W2: 2151 6007 1173 RE.net: HuskyTheMilo
#4otakon2006Posted 2/1/2013 7:29:13 PM
rezzah posted...

Incorrect, all familiars have fixed stat growth. The randomness comes from when you "promote" them. If you reach the level cap from the last form, the next will start at level 1 with higher stats then if you would have promoted just after getting the "Metamorphosis" icon on them.
#5Chaos GrimoirePosted 2/1/2013 8:46:36 PM(edited)
otakon2006 posted...
rezzah posted...

Incorrect, all familiars have fixed stat growth. The randomness comes from when you "promote" them. If you reach the level cap from the last form, the next will start at level 1 with higher stats then if you would have promoted just after getting the "Metamorphosis" icon on them.

Familiars don't have fixed stat growth. If you want proof Level up two of the same familiars(preferably early bloomers) with the same exact sign and base stats, for even a short while, like from level 1-15 and you will notice that their stats don't match up (most of the time).

On a stat by stat basis, each stat can vary by a randomized range of -10% to +10% of their base max level values by the time they reach max level. There's also an occasional(very rare) bonus of up to +150%(or higher?) on a single base stat(determined by species), and a few other smaller bonuses. Two of the familiars(Lagoon Naiad and Shonky-honker) at Esther's serenading tutorial have an abnormally high chance for the double sign variations to have base stat bonuses.
#6Crimson PhantomPosted 2/1/2013 8:35:44 PM
otakon2006 posted...

Uber incorrect

All stats are randomized... some familiars seem to have a narrower range of variance (probably due to having to have a minimum on levelup, and their maximum is close to that)

ALL STATS ARE

The phantom has spoken
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#7liltaggPosted 2/1/2013 8:37:25 PM
Milox3 posted...
I think the difference is the cap level, Hurley will cap at some point while Gold will go all the way to 99, then you metamorph at that level and you will see that the 2nd form have different stats at same level.

This does not happen.

Apparently it did in the Japanese version, but it definitely doesn't exist in this one.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#8otakon2006Posted 2/2/2013 2:25:10 PM
liltagg posted...
Milox3 posted...

This does not happen.

Apparently it did in the Japanese version, but it definitely doesn't exist in this one.

Well HELL that explains why half my familiars suck bollocks compared to some. DAMN LYING GUIDE!